NBC Sports Edge Forums

Touki Toussaint 2019 Outlook

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was as bad of command you’ll ever see.  In little league we had a kid named Jace Cothern in our league.  Nobody liked facing Jace because he could throw it at your head, over the backstop, into t

Thread not bumped because all his owners now face down at the bar after looking at that line.  Adios amigo.  

Guess I blew it picking touki over soroka 

Posted Images

Grabbed him in my 12-teamer. Only a handful of closers seem elite and I don’t own any. Gonna give the RP / ratios strategy a whirl. Yesterday’s outing nearly equaled that of Barnes (BOS) for the year. Low pressure situations with multiple innings and high Ks could be useful. Not punting saves, but not chasing or stressing over 1 category either. 

5 hours ago, jbarretta said:

He definately looks better than newcombe and Wright 

Atlanta Homer's, any way he takes a job

The bottom of the rotation will be in flux unless someone just runs with it.

Foltynewicz, Teheran, and Gausman are all safe with long leashes.

Newcomb has a leash, but it's short and comes with a spiked choke chain in the end.

Fried is in the rotation as long as he keeps it up but 1 terrible or 2 bad starts in a row change that fast and he could be in AAA or the bullpen.

That's 5 for now.

Soroka will get a shot soon as well, he is the most highly touted by a lot of people. 

Wright is better than he showed and he'll be back.

Touki and Fried are both guys the Braves are happy to have in the BP or the rotation. Their bullpen isn't exactly lights out, so I think Touki is bullpen bound until/unless Fried falters and they could switch roles. Just my opinion, but that's how I see it.

Edited by Bigfische
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

Newcomb sent to Triple AAA, Touki likely to start Friday in Cleve.

Other than the pitching matchup being unfortunate (likely vs. Kluber), that is a very nice matchup otherwise if they do indeed give Touki the start.  Cleveland's offense has been dreadful so far and almost everybody shuts them down so far.

Braves manager Brian Snitker confirmed Sunday that Touki Toussaint will remain in the Braves' starting rotation for the time being.

What he didn't say, is whether or not anyone would be removed from the rotation to make room for the hard-throwing right-hander. 

Ummm, SEAN NEWCOMB!

Who knew the blurb writing could actually get worse?  It's like a Geico commercial...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sounds like he’s going to have to pitch very well to stave off all of the competition long term but he’s definitely  worth an add to see what happens. 

Glad and I grabbed him on waivers this morning before the announcement that he’s staying in the rotation for now!

While the Indians lineup is favorable for Touki, one thing I think can go against him is the cold weather forecast tonight. 47 degree at game time with close to 80% chance of rain. Not good for pitchers. I am still debating whether to start him; but I am leaning towards benching him tonight.

14 minutes ago, AF25 said:

While the Indians lineup is favorable for Touki, one thing I think can go against him is the cold weather forecast tonight. 47 degree at game time with close to 80% chance of rain. Not good for pitchers. I am still debating whether to start him; but I am leaning towards benching him tonight.

Indians have a 35wRC+ on the season against righties. I'm throwing him out there, even in a blizzard. I don't see much point in rostering him if you're not starting him here. 

• Like 1
On 4/17/2019 at 6:00 AM, ThreadKiller said:

IMO, the Braves would be a better team with Touki used as a Hader type weapon out of the bullpen. Not saying he is Josh Hader but I think that it's what this team needs the most considering their plentiful pitching depth...

They need to turn one of, if not 2, of Touki, Gohara or Wright into a reliever for the season.  That pen is one of the most disgusting things in baseball.  It’s so terrible.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

They need to turn one of, if not 2, of Touki, Gohara or Wright into a reliever for the season.  That pen is one of the most disgusting things in baseball.  It’s so terrible.

Both Touki and Gohara would really play well in the pen. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

IMO it should be Touki and Gohara. Keep Wright as a starter.

14 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Time to drop? Or wait another start

That was as bad of command you’ll ever see.  In little league we had a kid named Jace Cothern in our league.  Nobody liked facing Jace because he could throw it at your head, over the backstop, into the dugout, no square inch was off limits when Jace was pitching.  I felt like I was watching Jace pitch today in the majors.  That wasn’t very enjoyable.  Brought back a lot of painful memories.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, MoonyGray said:

Touki TKO. Hope you Touki owners hedged your bets with Mr. Soroka. 

I did.  Too bad it's going to take about a week and a six-pack to able to get rid of that experience....

I still love Touki's ability, but after that, I will be keeping him far away from my team for as long as he's anything but a closer.  Tonight was an unfortunate reminder why I should keep anybody with control issues off of my team.