NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Hyde 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, atrium said:

You know that there’s room in between 1.9 ypc and 5.8 ypc, right?

Of course. What from my post would suggest I don't? As I said previously I expect it to go back to where he has been in years prior which is around 3.5.

Which would make him touchdown dependent. Otherwise he's only going to give you 3-7 points because he doesn't catch passes. 

Edited by mbell317
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. And the year before he had nearly 1300 total yards, 8 TDs, and 59 receptions. I think it's amazing that a few good games in a great situation from Williams means that he's sure-fire better t

Just curious, what's the weather like on your planet? Either you're siked or he's droppable?  No in between? What a joke. Here's a list of all RBs that went 90+ rushing and a TD last week:

Tell you guys what if your not picking up hyde as a stash on your bench you clearly don't know fantasy football. 

3 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

19 total yards today for Hyde. On 10 carries. Completely saved by a goal line attempt. 

This is a sign of things to come. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But as I said before there was no way he was going to sustain that 5.8 yards per carry.

Well no s--- he wasn't going to sustain almost 6 ypc no one ever anywhere would have expected that...  On the flip side he isn't going to sustain 1.9 ypc either.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Of course. What from my post would suggest I don't? As I said previously I expect it to go back to where he has been in years prior which is around 3. 

Which would make him touchdown dependent. Otherwise he's only going to give you 3-7 points because he doesn't catch passes. 

Basically what the guy below me said. No one expected him to maintain 5.8 ypc. But your phrasing “sign of things to come” made it sound like he would be running for close to 1.8 ypc every fame. Highly doubt it. The reality is most like something in between.

and yeah the lack of catches sucks 

Just now, Kyle87 said:

Well no s--- he wasn't going to sustain almost 6 ypc no one ever anywhere would have expected that...  On the flip side he isn't going to sustain 1.9 ypc either.

2 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

When I said it before there were people in here defending his average and suggesting this high powered Texan defense was the difference. You can go back and look. 

Even if he gets 3-4 ypc he's barely rosterable. Because he doesn't catch passes. But I'll let you guys discuss. I don't own him. Enjoy. 

4 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

When I said it before there were people in here defending his average and suggesting this high powered Texan defense was the difference. You can go back and look. 

Even if he gets 3-4 ypc he's barely rosterable. Because he doesn't catch passes. But I'll let you guys discuss. I don't own him. Enjoy. 

Not everyone plays in PPR leagues wheres you just grab any JAG WR that gets volume and plug him in at flex. In standard leagues he's going to be a matchup flex play/bye week filler/injury replacement. Which has plenty of value throughout the season.

Edited by StevenSC400
19 hours ago, mbell317 said:

Well I play standard and Carlos Hyde has plenty of value. He would be scooped up in a second if he was dropped in my league. "Barely rosterable" is an absolute joke take. Don't assume everyone plays PPR. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

They worked CJA out. Is this a depth move or is CJA a threat to form an early down/GL committee with Hyde? Hyde's fantasy value comes from his volume. If he loses that he isn't worth much.

If they signed CJ I would be fairly confident he’d end up taking most of the early down work from Hyde. 

I don't know if he overtakes Hyde completely, but I definitely think it is a situation to avoid completely. They don't use their RBs effectively as it is, even when Lamar Miller was healthy he was a hit-or-miss a lot of the time. Hyde does not catch passes, so he's extremely touchdown dependent. Now we're talking about losing some of that volume, and potentially some of those goal line carries. No thank you 

• Like 1
On 9/23/2019 at 1:16 PM, HTM said:

Well I play standard and Carlos Hyde has plenty of value. He would be scooped up in a second if he was dropped in my league. "Barely rosterable" is an absolute joke take. Don't assume everyone plays PPR. 

Well it depends on league size obviously, but just a couple weeks ago he was at 40% ownership in Yahoo. Now he's at 64%.

So I don't think it's "an absolute joke take". He literally isn't rostered in 36% of leagues. 

So far he's averaging 13.3 carries. If he averaged 3.5 YPC (I said 3-4 in my post), he'd be at 46.7 yards per game.

Isn't that 4.7 points in Standard? So unless he gets a touchdown, which he won't at least half the time, he shouldn't be in your starting lineup. And overall I'd maintain he's barely worth having on your bench since has no chance for improvement. So yeah, barely rosterable. Unless you play in a 14+ team league. 

18 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Well it depends on league size obviously, but just a couple weeks ago he was at 40% ownership in Yahoo. Now he's at 64%.

So I don't think it's "an absolute joke take". He literally isn't rostered in 36% of leagues. 

So far he's averaging 13.3 carries. If he averaged 3.5 YPC (I said 3-4 in my post), he'd be at 46.7 yards per game.

Isn't that 4.7 points in Standard? So unless he gets a touchdown, which he won't at least half the time, he shouldn't be in your starting lineup. And overall I'd maintain he's barely worth having on your bench since has no chance for improvement. So yeah, barely rosterable. Unless you play in a 14+ team league. 

In standard league 47 yards with a 50% chance of a TD is 7.7 points per game. That doesn't sound like much to people who play in PPR, but with the scarcity of RBs 7.7 points a game is bye week fill in/flex type material. People are excited about going to get Wayne Gallman on their waiver wire and on average, and on a worse offense, he probably gets you even less than that.

If he keeps his current role he is a top 25 RB ROS. He basically is Lamar Miller with less receptions.

I don't think we can use his seasonal averages since he had just gotten there prior to Week 1, which limited his role. What we know is he has a stranglehold on early down and goal line work. That has value in a good offense. 

If he splits those duties he is barely worth rostering.

If they are looking to replace or split his role even if they don't sign CJA he won't be safe since guys like Ajayi are out there.

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

They're not going to sign CJA apparently, but it's going to take a good few games for me to be comfortable starting Hyde. Will likely drop once Coleman shows me something

Hyde = Lamar Miller with even less receptions. 

Just now, martinjlm said:

Hyde = Lamar Miller with even less receptions. 

And I was never a Lamar Miller guy anyway. One of those backs that played enough to be ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season, but never made you happy starting him. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

Hopefully next week Hyde can run up the middle like the Colts did last night against the Chiefs.  Easy 100+ yards 

So tempted to start him.  His YPC is still nothing to write home about, and he's not being used in the passing game, but at least the rushing volume is there.