Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Carlos Hyde 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I suspect they will be trying to select players with an exemplary history of off-field conduct.

Shoot, why start now?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. And the year before he had nearly 1300 total yards, 8 TDs, and 59 receptions. I think it's amazing that a few good games in a great situation from Williams means that he's sure-fire better t

Just curious, what's the weather like on your planet? Either you're siked or he's droppable?  No in between? What a joke. Here's a list of all RBs that went 90+ rushing and a TD last week:

Tell you guys what if your not picking up hyde as a stash on your bench you clearly don't know fantasy football. 

On 3/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Hyde v. Damien Williams will be one of the top ten stories of the offseason.  The Chiefs primary back almost always puts up RB1 numbers.  

Maybe the play is to try to land both for fairly cheap. 

 

I'd have to see where final ADP is but this is something I'd be interested in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, dmb3684 said:

 

I'm glad you felt the need to tell everyone that.

what i was trying to say sir is; i dont care what the people in the damien williams thread think about what is written in the carlos hyde thread. the reason given is that i feel that they brought hyde in was to compete for the lead rb role. williams did a great job filling it when hunt was susp. but he excelled at the change of pace 3rd down guy. that is where he is better suited. hyde is a 220 lb pounding style rb that can be the early down goal line guy and damien can slide back to his stronger position. this way you can use both rbs in your offense effectively instead of using one and having the other sit part time. so i really dont care what the argument is on the damien thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

what i was trying to say sir is; i dont care what the people in the damien williams thread think about what is written in the carlos hyde thread. the reason given is that i feel that they brought hyde in was to compete for the lead rb role. williams did a great job filling it when hunt was susp. but he excelled at the change of pace 3rd down guy. that is where he is better suited. hyde is a 220 lb pounding style rb that can be the early down goal line guy and damien can slide back to his stronger position. this way you can use both rbs in your offense effectively instead of using one and having the other sit part time. so i really dont care what the argument is on the damien thread.

 

Williams isn’t much smaller than Hyde at 5-11, 224...compared to Hyde’s 6-0, 229. Either is plenty big to be the lead back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

what i was trying to say sir is; i dont care what the people in the damien williams thread think about what is written in the carlos hyde thread. the reason given is that i feel that they brought hyde in was to compete for the lead rb role. williams did a great job filling it when hunt was susp. but he excelled at the change of pace 3rd down guy. that is where he is better suited. hyde is a 220 lb pounding style rb that can be the early down goal line guy and damien can slide back to his stronger position. this way you can use both rbs in your offense effectively instead of using one and having the other sit part time. so i really dont care what the argument is on the damien thread.

 

Ok. Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

pretty dead in here! 

 

 

CARLOS HYDE, RB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

(EFP: 9.4, PPR: 7.2)

There’s been some concern reflected in Damien Williams ADP that Hyde might eat heavily into his workload, and specifically around the end zone. I’d bet against that. Hyde has been our least efficient running back over the past two seasons, falling 71.0 fantasy points short of his expectation. He’s been especially bad near the end zone, falling 7.3 touchdowns shy of his expectation (ranks worst over this span).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect this guy may surprise this year.

Williams has never proven to be a lead back, and Hyde is a better pure runner.   He could vulture a lot of goal line carries. He also has the chops to fill in for Williams in his role should he be injured. He landed in a great spot for his talent level, and he got a pretty nice contract.  I see worse options out there.  

 

Sleepy 2019 pick, and a pretty decent handcuff option.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

pretty dead in here! 

 

 

CARLOS HYDE, RB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

(EFP: 9.4, PPR: 7.2)

There’s been some concern reflected in Damien Williams ADP that Hyde might eat heavily into his workload, and specifically around the end zone. I’d bet against that. Hyde has been our least efficient running back over the past two seasons, falling 71.0 fantasy points short of his expectation. He’s been especially bad near the end zone, falling 7.3 touchdowns shy of his expectation (ranks worst over this span).

  We both brought this from the dead!

What are we thinking!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

I suspect this guy may surprise this year.

Williams has never proven to be a lead back, and Hyde is a better pure runner.   He could vulture a lot of goal line carries. He also has the chops to fill in for Williams in his role should he be injured. He landed in a great spot for his talent level, and he got a pretty nice contract.  I see worse options out there.  

 

Sleepy 2019 pick, and a pretty decent handcuff option.

Williams never had the opportunity to prove himself a lead back. Now he does and he did it well last season in a limited amount of games. Hyde has already proven to be a poor GL back and inefficient RB. He has been for years as injuries have sapped his talent coming out of college. Hyde is purely a volume RB. He is a great handcuff and nothing more.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I suspect this guy may surprise this year.

Williams has never proven to be a lead back, and Hyde is a better pure runner.   He could vulture a lot of goal line carries. He also has the chops to fill in for Williams in his role should he be injured. He landed in a great spot for his talent level, and he got a pretty nice contract.  I see worse options out there.  

 

Sleepy 2019 pick, and a pretty decent handcuff option.

 

Carlos Hyde is going to inherit the Frank Gore role for the next few years and suck the life out of the "starter" of any team he plays on.  Take away just enough touches, receptions, and TDs to make both players fantasy duds.  Every week for DWill and whoever he plays with in future years will feel like this every week: 

 

spacer.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jumper said:

 

Carlos Hyde is going to inherit the Frank Gore role for the next few years and suck the life out of the "starter" of any team he plays on.  Take away just enough touches, receptions, and TDs to make both players fantasy duds.  Every week for DWill and whoever he plays with in future years will feel like this every week: 

 

spacer.png

Reid tends to stick with one back primarily if that back is a good pass catcher and can block, which Damien does both well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jumper said:

 

Carlos Hyde is going to inherit the Frank Gore role for the next few years and suck the life out of the "starter" of any team he plays on.  Take away just enough touches, receptions, and TDs to make both players fantasy duds.  Every week for DWill and whoever he plays with in future years will feel like this every week: 

 

spacer.png

 

slight diversion, but i'll defend gore whenever and wherever need be:

other than last season, when he was not given ample opportunity (i.e. 100 less carries than usual), for the last nine years frank gore has continually finished RB10 to RB17 on the season. for a decade, you could not find a more reliable RB2. he also continually exceeded his draft price and proved a value year after year.

also worth noting, if gore didn't have adam gase and the miami RB mix sucking the life out of him, he would have ended the season in the top 15; his yards per attempt matched kamara, hunt, and cook at 4.6.

Frank_Gore_3.gif

some men are made from sterner stuff. watch gore's gameplay over the next four or five years --- he is no plodder, and it's the other RBs on a team that take away from his potential, not the analogy you put forth.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

In other words.

 

Hyde is the vulture Damien Williams owners will be lamenting. I ll let someone else draft him.   I might take Hyde as a flyer.  

 

Did you read what I posted right before you haha ..Hyde being used on the goal line makes little sense in this situation. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

Did you read what I posted right before you haha ..Hyde being used on the goal line makes little sense in this situation. 

 

LOL.   It is funny , i posted my post mere seconds after yours. Did not read yours first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, steevio_uk said:

Yeah, bit of a mind boggler, that one.

The clear backup in a Reid offense that leans primarily on one RB with one, if not the best, offenses in the league is a valuable handcuff.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

 Carlos "Jekyll" and Hyde is going to be in Williams and his owners nightmares,      Hyde, is a great late round flyer.  IMO

I don't understand why he would be in the fantasy owners' of Williams nightmares when he is a handcuff. Either you pick up the handcuff or let someone else pick him up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, devaster said:

I don't understand why he would be in the fantasy owners' of Williams nightmares when he is a handcuff. Either you pick up the handcuff or let someone else pick him up.

 Because he is likely to vulture goal line carries. He is also able to be the primary back, and should Williams struggle early Carlos could take over and not let go of the job. 

This limits Damiens upside.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

 Because he is likely to vulture goal line carries. He is also able to be the primary back, and should Williams struggle early Carlos could take over and not let go of the job. 

This limits Damiens upside.   

 

I'm confused. Both scenarios you present are situations that Hyde has not been particularly good at. And tend to go against what Reid has typically done with his offenses in the past.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Carlos is going to see some action early, and he can punch it in.  He may very well prove to be the better back. He has more of a history and consistency.  It is fine if you think he is a JAG, but how would you define Williams performance over his career?  I think he is going to surprise some people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...