NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yandy Diaz 2019 Outlook

41 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

He probably can't wait to get the hell out of Kansas City. 

Been a rough couple days for him. I think he hit a couple good balls that were just right at fielders over this 0-12 stretch. Better hitters have had 0-12 slumps - expecting a better weekend from him!

• Like 1
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no sympathy for those who missed Yandy. The minute the Rays and Indians finalized that deal, we all should have immediately concluded: 1. Jake Bauers isn't as good as I thought 2. Yandy Dia

You're factoring in RW blurbs into your decision just like the very people you are hating on.  Are you the guy who likes a band until they become "mainstream" and then you don't like them anymore

[Foreword: No offense to you, you are just posting this guys tweet, this comment is directed to the Twitter personality, not you.] What a stupid tweet by that person, totally cherry picks stats f

Posted Images

1 hour ago, corey_rideout said:

Been a rough couple days for him. I think he hit a couple good balls that were just right at fielders over this 0-12 stretch. Better hitters have had 0-12 slumps - expecting a better weekend from him!

@ Baltimore coming up should do the trick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

@ Baltimore coming up should do the trick. 

Against a gas can like Straily tonight. I'm expecting some production.

6 minutes ago, Denbo32 said:

3 hitless games is killing you?  Dude been amazing 

Hes 7 for 37 the last 14 days aka the time I’ve been playing him so he has been killing me lol. The overall numbers aren’t terrible though. 

Edited by Helms
5 minutes ago, Denbo32 said:

3 hitless games is killing you?  Dude been amazing 

Agreed. Slumps will happen. He is still hitting the ball hard and has been a little unlucky in this stretch. Haven't watched him a ton but I know one of those outs was a line drive crushed right at the CF.

Is it just me or is this guy a really good hitter? Most of what I've read about him is about hard hit rates and all that, but his average (except for a few stretches) has been a pleasant surprise, in addition to his elite walk rate and corresponding OBP.

10 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Is it just me or is this guy a really good hitter? Most of what I've read about him is about hard hit rates and all that, but his average (except for a few stretches) has been a pleasant surprise, in addition to his elite walk rate and corresponding OBP.

edit: the more reading I do, the more evident it is that he was always a high BA guy, just lacked power. Still, no complaints from me..

1 hour ago, Jyeatbvg said:

edit: the more reading I do, the more evident it is that he was always a high BA guy, just lacked power. Still, no complaints from me..

He's usually been a bit higher than this. It really seems like he's trading away some average for power. He's still struggling to consistently get the ball in the air and he isn't pulling it as much as I'd like, but we've got a legitimate breakout on our hands, even if it's not shaping up for some monstrous top five finish.

Apparently injured. Anyone see what happened?

Yandy Diaz has left Wednesday's game against the Marlins with an apparent injury.
Diaz has been replaced by Daniel Robertson at third base. The injury appeared to come while Diaz was on base, and the Rays checked on him between innings. He's been a revelation for the Rays this year, so this would obviously be a significant loss if he has to miss time. We should know more about the severity -- and what exactly the injury is -- shortly.

Tweaked his ankle with a sudden stop running the bases according to cbs sports.  He played a few innings in it and has an off day tomorrow.  Doesn’t sound alarming, but it is baseball.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Helms said:

.245 avg with a .770 ops over the last month. Not terrible but nothing special either. 

If this is simply a slump, then it's all good.  I have Yandy as a bench player personally.  The homeruns seemed like a aberration - but I still believe in a strong year overall for them.  Tampa seems to be the one organization that knows how to squeeze that extra bit of talent out of their players

Just now, jahweedum said:

If this is simply a slump, then it's all good.  I have Yandy as a bench player personally.  The homeruns seemed like a aberration - but I still believe in a strong year overall for them.  Tampa seems to be the one organization that knows how to squeeze that extra bit of talent out of their players

Ya he’s a bench player for me too. His overall numbers so far are fine .255 avg with a .830 ops and I agree he’s playing for the right team. 

• 2 weeks later...