NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yandy Diaz 2019 Outlook

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have no sympathy for those who missed Yandy. The minute the Rays and Indians finalized that deal, we all should have immediately concluded: 1. Jake Bauers isn't as good as I thought 2. Yandy Dia

You're factoring in RW blurbs into your decision just like the very people you are hating on.  Are you the guy who likes a band until they become "mainstream" and then you don't like them anymore

[Foreword: No offense to you, you are just posting this guys tweet, this comment is directed to the Twitter personality, not you.] What a stupid tweet by that person, totally cherry picks stats f

Posted Images

2 hours ago, professorbaseball said:

Activated, thinking of picking him up again. Looking at his statcast he's doing pretty good but LA still very low. Whatsup?

Was mentioned during yesterday's game that the manager and coaches were more interested in him hitting the ball as hard as he could as opposed to elevating. They said if he just focused on doing that, things would take care of themselves.

Multi-hit games in three of his last five. Looks to be heating back up if he's on your wire (based on the fact he's owned in an absurdly low 33% of ESPN leagues, I'm guessing he is.).

On 6/10/2019 at 2:20 AM, TribeFoo said:

Multi-hit games in three of his last five. Looks to be heating back up if he's on your wire (based on the fact he's owned in an absurdly low 33% of ESPN leagues, I'm guessing he is.).

Crazy. His OPS is the same as Mookie Betts so far, that tells me he's pretty good.

• Like 1

Shame he's out today but he's heated right back up lately. Not sure why the hype has gone away. Really solid lineup and he hits either 1st or cleanup usually which you gotta love.

Diaz has started 15 consecutive games since returning from the injured list June 2, slashing .361/.426/.508 with two homers, nine RBI and a 7:9 BB:K during that stretch. 

1 minute ago, Macgregor said:

They said it was just a breather yesterday, but maybe Wendle's return will be eating into some playing time?

Hmm..Wendle is lefty and Yandy rakes lefties...playing Happ tonight who is known to get shelled by good RHH

Just now, WTP333 said:

Hmm..Wendle is lefty and Yandy rakes lefties...playing Happ tonight who is known to get shelled by good RHH

I'm confused as well, just speculating. Was excited to have Yandy in my lineup tonight for that very reason.

• Like 1

No Yandy, No Meadows i dont think either

where do the Rays think they are getting all this hitting depth from where they can sit main bats this much, as the yankees go get the bat they SHOULD HAVE gotten, also in a HUGE game vs NYY 

W.....T........F

yea i got no clue guys, hopefully a trade or something or else its just stupidity 

If its not an injury or something like bereavement leave then Cash is crazy. Yandy’s been on FIRE lately!!!

He’s Hitting:

.417 with a 1.107 OPS in the last week.

.379 AVG and .963 OPS in last 2 weeks.

No way you bench that 2 straight games, especially being as important of games as they are against NYY.

And for Joey Wendle or Ji-Man Choi!? Give me a break!

• Like 2

This is frustrating... I was almost going to deal my 3B away to play him there too, thank goodness I didn't. At this point I can't rely on him to be anything other than a Util slot when he is healthy.

34 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

No love? 

Strong guy who hits the ball on the ground...meh

20 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Strong guy who hits the ball on the ground...meh

.854 OPS. He's been good this season. The Hosmer thread has gone quit with regards to groundball jokes.

Yandy is so underrated. He doesn't have the RBIs like you'd expect from a power hitter, but he piles up runs and his average is legit. When he does pop a homer it's just icing on the cake. He's golden in my OBP league as a guy who will keep your hitting ratio up regardless of counting stats. And he stole a base tonight.