NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hyun-Jin Ryu 2019 Outlook

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know its a fake injury... This guy doesn't even have a neck!

He's pitched well enough to be ranked 33rd by some guy RW employs named Matthew Pouliot. https://www.rotoworld.com/article/strike-zone/june-starter-rankings-4 Right behind Yu Darvish. Imagin

On 9/3/2019 at 1:38 AM, IDGAFOS said:

Have to wonder if he's pitching through an injury. 1 good start and then 3 straight duds after returning from the IL.

Ryu doesn't seem pitching through an injury. I think he's mature enough to know it would be better for him and the team to don't play if he was really injured.

His regression wasn't obvious for most people, even Ryu's fans. The last time he started 26 games was in 2014, and I guess he's on his way to break his 30 starts. Right now he has also pitched 161.2 IP. He hasn't reached such a number since 2013.

I do love Ryu and think he's underrated, but his recent regression appears logical to me. He's not a GOAT if it means something and was predisposed to lower his GOAT stats through the season. Now with all that in mind, I don't understand the Dodgers don't sit him. He clearly needs a break. Get back his stamina and feel fresh for the PO. They do not need him right now. And I even think it should be the same for Kershaw.

You don't want guys skipping too many starts coming into the playoffs. I think most teams prefer their starters to have a more seamless transition from regular season to postseason. They might be easing up on side sessions, bullpens, etc. though.

• Like 1

In weekly leagues next week what are you guys doing with him? It says on the schedule that included the skipped start he should be going against the Mets on Sunday the 15th.

I’m  going into my 2 week matchup for the championship and rolling him out there to not get one start for this next week scares the s--- out of me. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

In weekly leagues next week what are you guys doing with him? It says on the schedule that included the skipped start he should be going against the Mets on Sunday the 15th.

I’m  going into my 2 week matchup for the championship and rolling him out there to not get one start for this next week scares the s--- out of me. 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:55 PM, Eddie Mush said:

Skipped start against Baltimore kinda sucks, will he pitch at all next week? Against the Mets sounds juicy as well.

I am seeing @Mets on 9/14 for his next start on CBS...obv skipped tonight, so it makes sense...3 more starts on the year...it is super tempting, dude has a 1.38 ERA in 45+ IP v Mets! I just don't think I can trust the dodgers to not hold him out a bit longer.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am seeing @Mets on 9/14 for his next start on CBS...obv skipped tonight, so it makes sense...3 more starts on the year...it is super tempting, dude has a 1.38 ERA in 45+ IP v Mets! I just don't think I can trust the dodgers to not hold him out a bit longer.

He's also been bad lately. 

16 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's pitching against the Mets this weekend. Fire him up