NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew Heaney 2019 Outlook

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Threw 4.1 scoreless innings with 10 strikeouts in his Triple A game today.  Was limited to 73 pitches. 

Well, that'll work: 5IP 2H (both HRs to good hitters) 2ER 1BB 8K Chart looks like he's basically back to last years goodness: FB (sinker) sat 93MPH and touched 96, pitch was darting and divi

Another beaut of a start, even if an elevated pitch count (and no offense) prevented the W. FA- sat 93 MPH and topped at 96, usual incredible double plus movement and great command, tossed 57--38

44 Ks in 36 IP.  He missed ST and the first 2 months of the season.  His problem right now is his control (3.7 BB/9 vs 2.4 last year) and the home runs (9 hr allowed already or 2.2 HR/9).  My guess is once his HR numbers and BBs normalize, he'll be good to go.  In deeper leagues I'd stash him.  It all comes down to what's available on the wire, and what your roster looks like.  I'm holding personally.

8 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

44 Ks in 36 IP.  He missed ST and the first 2 months of the season.  His problem right now is his control (3.7 BB/9 vs 2.4 last year) and the home runs (9 hr allowed already or 2.2 HR/9).  My guess is once his HR numbers and BBs normalize, he'll be good to go.  In deeper leagues I'd stash him.  It all comes down to what's available on the wire, and what your roster looks like.  I'm holding personally.

havent hrs always been an issue with heaney.  fear is this is "normalized".  that being said, i agree hes probably better than whats out there in most leagues.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, herschel said:

havent hrs always been an issue with heaney.  fear is this is "normalized".  that being said, i agree hes probably better than whats out there in most leagues.

Agreed, everyone is giving up homeruns. It'll probably get worse once the league "adjusts"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm holding onto Heaney in a 15 team league with deep benches (for what it's worth). [...] Really hoping he can differentiate himself from Porcello in he 2nd half. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Up 6-0 and can not get through 5.  

Looks like command issues.  If a pitch is in the right spot it is a swing and miss.  If not it is a hit.

Just noticed he’s on my wire, so I looked at his fangraphs page.

Love the K/9, K%, and SwStrk%, but since June 1st, he’s had a 47% FB % and a 50 % Hard % (the full season numbers aren’t much better either). And for the season, he has a .298 BABIP.

Doesn’t give me hope that there’s any positive regression coming soon.

Edited by Fantasy Dork
  • Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

There is the Heaney I know and love! [...] Oh well, keep it rolling.

SI- sat 92 MPH and touched 95, a whopping 62 thrown--44 strikes with 27 swings and 10 whiffs, same unique double plus dive and dart movements, filthy.

CU- huge loopy shape with beautiful spin, sat 79 MPH and tossed 26--18 strikes with 13 swings and 7 whiffs

CH- just an awesome pitch for him this year, sat 84/85 MPH with awesome horizontal sweep and plus fade too, threw 18--15 strikes with 13 swings and 3 whiffs

SL one slide piece for good measure at 86 and of course a strike with a cut and a whiff!

Zone plot was a thing of beauty, working all over the edges and staying off the middle--I also see a unbelievable 11 pitches on the edge but in the zone that were called balls!!! Many at the top of the zone, also buried the hook and change super well. Great start against a team that always had his number too.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1