NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew McCutchen 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Just peaced out on him in several leagues. Putrid average and not stealing and diminished power. He could easily pick up the pace and I'm not thrilled with dropping but in this juiced year there are just too many options out there hitting the crap out of the ball and hot callups all seem to be happening at the same time.

This. Cut him for Riley. Because apparently I’m a chick and chicks dig the long ball. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't seen a thread started for him yet, so thought we'd get some discussion going on Cutch as he enters his first season with the Phillies.    Cutch is coming off his worst season to date

Views will of course differ depending on format for a guy with a .240ish AVG and .360ish OBP, but I do think a lot of people expected better power numbers from Cutch this year, myself included.  He ha

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

That's fine, but anytime you're talking about a player's value in general terms without clarifying you're speaking in the context of a nonstandard format, it's going to create some confusion. Glad he's helping you more, but be mindful that others are likely speaking in terms of standard formats. 

I understand, and I should have clarified my position. The discussion immediately prior to my post was referencing OBP so I continued with that same frame of reference. 

• Thanks 1

Haven't seen him discussed all year, thread is active today. I'm in the boat of I'd hate to drop him right as he may start to heat up (traditionally) but yea wishing i'd of already picked up some other hot OF bats. Tough spot. 

Cutch has been the weakest link on a couple of my 10T rosters when deciding who must go to make room for one of several recent call-ups.  Was a bit hesitant to drop for Riley or Hiura, and I still feel like he's going to heat up later in the season but couldn't pass on the ++ upside options available when this dude's hittin .235 with 1 SB a quarter of the way into the season. 

As Rotoworld has stated, he should compete for the league lead in runs scored hitting atop the Phillies’ lineup. He has decent value in most formats and won’t hurt you in any category. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cutch has moved up to OF37 on the ESPN player rater with a .368/.478/.763 stretch over the last 10 games heading into today's 0 for 4.  His 3 longballs over that stretch has him up to 8 on the year.  Still kind of fringy for 3 OF mixed leagues, but if his history of hitting another gear in the sum,er months repeats itself, he'll be an all formats starter and easily turn a profit on his 130-ish ADP.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

Definitely looked like maybe ACL or MCL. I'm leaning MCL because of how much weight he could put on it walking off, but definitely looks serious. 

I’ve seen guys walk off on an ACL before too. This ain’t good I fear.

Grabbed the front of his knee when he went down. I’d lean toward a patellar tendon issue.  Even if it’s just a sprain, probably gonna require longer than 10 days on the IL because those seem to linger

• Like 1