NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jrue/Lauri for CJ/Blake? WHIR!

I want to improve my FG%, 3's, and stls without giving up too many pts,ast, and rbs.

Points of consideration:

1. Jrue's minutes reduction

2. Lauri cooling off (Feb stats are off the charts)

3. Blake's injury history

4. Both CJ and Blake getting rested in preparation for playoffs.

5. PO schedule (starting WK3). I'm number 1, so I have W1 bye. Number of games in WK2-WK3 goes from 43-71 to 44-74 post-trade.

The complete trade picture is actually: Jrue/Lauri/Mirotic (IR)/Round 10 pick for CJ/Blake/Round 6 pick. Leveraging Mirotic surplus for a draft pick next season.

For reference, here's my team:

Team 1: H2H 9-cat, 10-team

PG: Westbrook, Fox

SG: Holiday, Barton, Oladipo

SF: Porter Jr., Warren, Doncic

PF: Harris, Mirotic, Markkanen

C: Drummond, Gobert, Nurkic, Cousins

Are you going to stream Mirotic's spot? And what value does a 6th round pick actually have? Are there any keepers or is it a straight extra pick in a full redraft?

That being said, I'm really low on CJ. He just doesn't put up much besides scoring, while Jrue is a complete guard. I would try and get Blake only and hang onto Jrue, or ask for a better guard than CJ. 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, benjwils said:

Are you going to stream Mirotic's spot? And what value does a 6th round pick actually have? Are there any keepers or is it a straight extra pick in a full redraft?

That being said, I'm really low on CJ. He just doesn't put up much besides scoring, while Jrue is a complete guard. I would try and get Blake only and hang onto Jrue, or ask for a better guard than CJ. 

No keepers. No open spots because Miro sits on IR, so it's a 3-for-2 with picks. Mirotic is a surplus, so I'm thinking of just leveraging him for next season.

Mirotic takes a hit in MIL so tradimg him for a 6th round pick is pretty decent especially in a 10manhowever, 

I do like Jrue and Lauri over Blake and CJ though. CJ mainly just scores and blake is like a poor mans lebron. Jrue is a stud and Lauri too so id actually rather keep markannen and Jrue since blake and CJ dont get stocks either

41 minutes ago, heyitsmattdelly said:

Mirotic takes a hit in MIL so tradimg him for a 6th round pick is pretty decent especially in a 10manhowever, 

I do like Jrue and Lauri over Blake and CJ though. CJ mainly just scores and blake is like a poor mans lebron. Jrue is a stud and Lauri too so id actually rather keep markannen and Jrue since blake and CJ dont get stocks either

Even with Jrue's shutdown risk? And CJ/Blake's better combined PO schedule?

That seems like a fine trade to me since Jrue's role is probably going to dwindle soon. Blake and CJ both hit over 2 threes a game and provide good steals numbers for what you're giving up. Being that you want to improve in FG%, 3s, and steals, I don't see a big jump in any of those tbh because Jrue and Lauri provide great value in all of those but at least you can move on from Jrue's role decreasing and Lauri's mediocre PO schedule. Blake's PO schedule is fantastic and both he and CJ shouldn't be rested. Detroit is definitely going all out to make the playoffs and the Blazers will fight for seeding most likely too.

Edited by squid-jesus

I would take the CJ/Griffin side I think any day. I prefer CJ over Jrue ROS with Jrue's role going to lessen and CJ has been balling as of late. For the first time, I am able to say I am impressed with McCollum he is rebounding, he is getting defensive stats, and his FG% is not even that bad anymore. I would go by playoff schedule and Blake has a fantastic one and needs to play since the Pistons are fighting to stay in the playoffs he will play every game if healthy. This season he has only missed 2 games and I think he will stay healthy the rest of the way. Jrue may be rested with the Pelicans fading away. The Bulls are currently holding the 4th worst record in the league and may look to start tanking even more. If Lauri gets hurt or something light he is almost for sure going to sit out extra time till he is 100% healthy. The draft picks I do not really care about and Mirotic I do not like his outlook in Milwaukee. There are probably better players on the wire then him for example. You have a fairly good team. I think you may want to try and include Otto Porter for another one of his players if it is possible. Bulls playoff schedule sucks and Porter cannot stay healthy, for the same reasons as above with Lauri I would not necessarily want to own him. Good luck. Blazers are fighting for home-court advantage and for good seeding, they don't want to play the Rockets first round so they want to overtake the Thunder (if possible) McCollum has to be on top of his game. With Nurkic already on you're roster that duo will be great for you.