NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Max Kepler 2019 Outlook

nlm

He’s not a platoon guy, much like Meadows. He’s usually dropped to 6th or 7th against leftys. I think today was just an opportunity to get him a day off especially against a very tough lefty in Boyd.

He’ll probably hit a pinch hit homer in the later innings. 

Edited by Sonny_D

1 hour ago, TC84 said:

Slugged 3 HRs yesterday... Definitely better cool his a** off on the bench. Christ

Facing a lefty, and it's Matt Boyd, one of the top pitchers this year.

Even if he was starting i wouldn't put him in my lineup 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ty5592 said:

He’s started 53/61 games I wouldn’t call that a platoon player. That’s 140 starts for a whole year

I didn't mean Minnesota is platooning him per se, I meant as a fantasy owner you can platoon him vs. the better LHP (daily leagues with decent bench depth).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, he's been amazing lately and solely responsible for today's win.   Not even starting but ends up going 3-5 with a walk, a game tying homer in the 13th and the game winning hit (would have been a double) later in the 17th.   Lots of surprise stories out there this year and Kapler is shaping up to be one of the best ones...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knuckleheads said:

Geez, he's been amazing lately and solely responsible for today's win.   Not even starting but ends up going 3-5 with a walk, a game tying homer in the 13th and the game winning hit (would have been a double) later in the 17th.   Lots of surprise stories out there this year and Kapler is shaping up to be one of the best ones...  

actually sold Kepler short as he tied the game twice and then won it in the 17th.  Amazing game... 

• Like 1