Rich Hill 2019 Outlook

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can’t spell Hill without IL...

I recently drafted Hill in my main keeper league after owning him in both 2017 and 2018. With fewer starting pitchers throwing 200 innings let alone 175+ I think he, and others who only pitch 140-150

Yes, brutally bad ERA and whip this year with a very low k/9 on top of that not sure why he should even be rostered in any league smaller than a 20 Teamer

8 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I own this guy.

Picked him up after he was dropped with his injury, but with limited IL spots, is he a drop?

If you need room for a player who will return much earlier, I say yes. Looking at possible end of July, before he picks up a ball & who knows how long of a rehab / minor league stint he will require. If still interested, can keep en eye on him mid-July or later, to see if anything has changed & pick him up then, if you have room.

40 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I own this guy.

Picked him up after he was dropped with his injury, but with limited IL spots, is he a drop?

I think he's a hold. When healthy he pitches like an ace. If all goes well and he has no setbacks we can expect him to be back sometime in the middle of August. In h2h leagues that means you'll have him for a couple weeks before the playoffs begin and in roto leagues that's still a good chunk of time where you'd have him back for the final push.

• 1 month later...

It just came out that he's still 3 weeks from mound work then of course after being stretched out we're likely looking at the middle of September at best. And that if every goes perfectly. That puts him back in middle of our playoffs. Kind of hard to hold him still if you've got other IL needs. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, erik vulaj said:

This scrub gunna start when he's back? Lol

Originally it wasn't the plan as far as I remember, but let's Ryu struggling one or two more outings and Kershaw the same, and I'm sure Hill be back in the rotation when he's back in the lineup.

Looks like we'll get around 4 starts . First coming against Baltimore. Bad news is he has to build up his pitch count. Pondering that, may take two starts to get a decent pitch count. So,  maybe 2 starts far as regular season goes?

Edited by Z06vette