NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Turner 2019 Outlook

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

He’s doing just enough to not really complain much, but not enough to really impress much either, so there hasn’t been much to talk about. He usually seems to do his best work, especially power-wise, in the second half, so here’s to hoping.

1 hour ago, Caelum said:

He’s doing just enough to not really complain much, but not enough to really impress much either, so there hasn’t been much to talk about. He usually seems to do his best work, especially power-wise, in the second half, so here’s to hoping.

I agree. Man, in this guy boring to own.  Doesn’t help you really, but you can’t really replace him, and you never feel the need to. Hits in the heart of the order for the best team in baseball, yet somehow has 39 rbis.  I like to check box scores instead of my team page because it feels like opening presents, but I always forget to check the dodgers because I forget every day that I actually own him.  If he was food, he’d be oatmeal.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I agree. Man, in this guy boring to own.  Doesn’t help you really, but you can’t really replace him, and you never feel the need to. Hits in the heart of the order for the best team in baseball, yet somehow has 39 rbis.  I like to check box scores instead of my team page because it feels like opening presents, but I always forget to check the dodgers because I forget every day that I actually own him.  If he was food, he’d be oatmeal.

And as soon as you want to bench him, well, I benched him once this year in a weekly, and he hit 5 home runs. Been scared to bench him ever since. He hits them in bunches.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Caelum said:

And as soon as you want to bench him, well, I benched him once this year in a weekly, and he hit 5 home runs. Been scared to bench him ever since. He hits them in bunches.

Same.