NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ketel Marte 2019 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's funny if true. Yeah, it could be a whole bunch of same old same old with Marte, but I like the changes in the second half. He's been going outside of pick 200, I love the redraft value here.

So basically he's reading this thread from 1-2 months ago.

I don't care if it's April 5th I'm doing my victory lap 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

I really don't see what there is to be excited about here aside from a starting role... And he did nothing to amp it up in spring.

May as well take a shot on guys like Kinsler or B. Lowe as late 2B/MI options.

Spring training is spring training.  Did you know that JD Martinez did NOT hit a homer this spring?  And guess what?  He didn't hit one last year either.  Big whoop for spring training.

Why the talk here?  Because Ketel is showing signs of growth.  That's what good young players do.  Just like Brandon Lowe is.  But Kinsler?  Hah, got to be kidding me.  Guy looked cooked last year when the Red Sox picked him up for depth down the stretch.  He was a total waste.  Take him over Marte at your own risk.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
On 3/26/2019 at 4:11 AM, Wallscrapers said:

If hes hitting at the top of the lineup with no Goldschmidt behind him, won't that allow him to run wild?

I don't think that's the reason he wasn't running. I think he's just not a guy that's going to run a bunch.

14 minutes ago, erik vulaj said:

Thoughts on him so far? Looking good!

I had him last yr and watched him throughout the year- seems primed for a breakout this yr.....hoping he keeps the 2B/SS eligibility and he should be well worth it.  

11 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

I had him last yr and watched him throughout the year- seems primed for a breakout this yr.....hoping he keeps the 2B/SS eligibility and he should be well worth it. 

He should keep his 2B for next year in dynasties.  4 starts already there to go with 4 starts in CF.   But doubt he will keep SS unless Ahmed gets injured.  Which could happen of course.  Players are already dropping like flies.

• Like 2

Already added ... dropped ... and re-added. The position eligibility is great. Looks like a solid bench bat. If he can produce 15 / 15 he’s worth a roster spot. DBacks lineup isn’t great and he’s battling lower in the order right now. Hope he can bat his way up to the top. 

Like there are more left handed starters in the NL West than right handers (At least if take the D'Backs out of equation). Think he can make improvements vs righties, but situation isn't as bad as it would be in be in like the NLC. 

Will be interested to see if he does get more aggressive stealing. Its not the lack of steals was from getting caught too often.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mi26 said:

will he get OF eligibility?

Yes.  In Yahoo he needs just one more start to receive it (5 starts, he has 4).  Eight games and half of them have been in CF so even on platforms that demand 10 he should get there sooner than later.  The intention was to play him as the regular CF from day one.  The 2B starts are icing on the cake to keep him 2B eligible next year as well.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Doesn't this guy make wayyyy more sense batting leadoff instead of Adam Jones who doesn't run anymore?

yes! it should be Marte, Jones, Peralta then Escobar etc.

Edited by JetsAwesome

Jeff Sullivan thinks Ketel Marte could be AZ's Jose Ramirez. He's a smart dude. Doubt he has that type of ascension, but I don't think we've seen the best of Marte yet.

• Like 2
On 4/3/2019 at 12:50 PM, brockpapersizer said:

So basically he's reading this thread from 1-2 months ago.

True, but Marte is doing a pretty damn good Jose Ramirez impersonation so far this season, especially after tonight's monster game.

• Like 1
On 3/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, brockpapersizer said:

That's funny if true. Yeah, it could be a whole bunch of same old same old with Marte, but I like the changes in the second half. He's been going outside of pick 200, I love the redraft value here.

1. He's locked into a  starting role
  2. will likely have a premium lineup spot since it's a bad team.
  3. Eligibility at 2b, SS, OF, MI, UTIL
  4. will have some speed. 
  5. Is at a near perfect breakout age of 25
  6.  doesn't have much competition for PT
  7. at least one reputable site says his upside is potentially massive. 
  8. after pick 200!

A lot to like here. Brockpapersizer approved sleeper ™

I don't care if it's April 5th I'm doing my victory lap 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1