NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, 9amest said:

Remember when the narrative around this guy was injury prone plodder and we could still buy low? Great to see him balling, the positive td regression is bound to happen eventually

Well injury prone is definitely not going away. But he has been injury free so far. Enjoy the ride.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This probably looks pretty appetizing to quite a few people right about now

That’s what happens when you come in here running your mouth with an arrogant attitude, you get put in your place when you’re wrong.   There is nothing wrong with making a bad call, everyone

thank you for your sacrifice.  

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, 9amest said:

Remember when the narrative around this guy was injury prone plodder and we could still buy low? Great to see him balling, the positive td regression is bound to happen eventually

I have gotten many many bad offers from people in my league for him. they must think I believe he is an injury prone plodder. Nice to have a set and forget RB, I must say.

7 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Does anyone still think he is injury prone ? Guy has been carrying the team.

He's been playing a lot less recklessly this season compared to usual so that might have something to do with it. He used to actively try and bulldoze defenders.

28 minutes ago, chargahs said:

Ho hum 25 carries for 150/2 today

nothing to see here

So you’re predicting rush yardage numbers that he’s hit twice in the regular season in his career, and simultaneously TD numbers that he’s hit twice in the regular season in his career, against the #11 run D in the NFL?

I’ll take some action on the under.

Gonna be the first guy to lead the lead in rushing and finish with 3 or less TDs.  That GL rush was a quick whistle by the ref, I thought he was in.  Maybe next week for the TDs but i'll take the 150 scrimmage yards a week nonetheless.

• Like 2

The lack of TD's is troubling HOWEVER Fournette just produced 13 points on 7 targets (20 points total in PPR) in the receiving game alone. That's cool 😎

It’s crazy bc one would assume this is where he excels most. But yeah, he got screwed out of one in the 4th, followed by a horrible play call the next play (afterwards Fournette was visibly upset). 

• Like 1

Yeah they may want to tweak their approach when they get near the end zone. They usually go really heavy, which allows the defense to bring in their big guys. A lot of teams now just spread the defense out and then hand it off. Not saying this is what the Jaguars should do, but what they’ve been doing hasn’t been working all that great.

• Like 2

They did spread it out and tried a wide run with Fournette which predictably failed. They should have just pounded it again. I can't complete since the next play went to Chark for his TD.

Refs also called progress dead early before his OLine helped drag him into the endzone. Should have had a TD if not for the trigger happy refs.

• Like 1

Didn't watch the game, but am interested in Leonard shares. I saw he had a 66 yd dash on his first touch, but after that, 18 attempts for 10 yards. Is anyone worried? Last game I watched with him was against Titans and he was in negative yardage for a bit. 

His numbers show he's a rock solid RB1.5 or so (same tier as Carson, Jacobs, Mack, etc. IMO). Initially, I was worried about his injury, but he seems to be doing great (knock on wood). 

Are owners concerned with him at all or wanting to shop him for any reason? 

Also if Foles were to return, does he check down like Minshew does? Or will his receiving take a hit?

Edited by mvttchew
3 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Didn't watch the game, but am interested in Leonard shares. I saw he had a 66 yd dash on his first touch, but after that, 18 attempts for 10 yards. Is anyone worried? Last game I watched with him was against Titans and he was in negative yardage for a bit. 

His numbers show he's a rock solid RB1.5 or so (same tier as Carson, Jacobs, Mack, etc. IMO). Initially, I was worried about his injury, but he seems to be doing great (knock on wood). 

Are owners concerned with him at all or wanting to shop him for any reason? 

Also if Foles were to return, does he check down like Minshew does? Or will his receiving take a hit?

That’s about the same thing he did with Tennessee. I’m not worried. He has hit his floor in bad matchups and his ceiling in good matchups. He will be super involved enough in every game to be an easy must start. It sucks that he has 2 games like that and doesn’t have true breakaway speed but knowing the home run is there is huge. When he gets one of those closer to mid field it’ll be a long TD.

Injury risk is also an issue for him until he plays 14+ in multiple seasons. It’s going to be wise to handcuff with armstead when byes are mostly over. Like most workhorse RBs, expect an injury but hope it never comes. 

Im not going to shop (but he’s my only true RB1-2, so I can’t) but he’s so low on TDs his scoring and value are down. Those TDs will start coming sooner or later and even if it’s not in masses it’s going to really help out. 

Foles returning is probably a net neutral, but he is a better check down passer than Gardy has shown (haven’t watched the last 2 games though...glad I didn’t with a 66 yard run to start and then not getting 100 tho...I’d have been mad!)

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, aapox said:

That’s about the same thing he did with Tennessee. I’m not worried. He has hit his floor in bad matchups and his ceiling in good matchups. He will be super involved enough in every game to be an easy must start. It sucks that he has 2 games like that and doesn’t have true breakaway speed but knowing the home run is there is huge. When he gets one of those closer to mid field it’ll be a long TD.

Injury risk is also an issue for him until he plays 14+ in multiple seasons. It’s going to be wise to handcuff with armstead when byes are mostly over. Like most workhorse RBs, expect an injury but hope it never comes. 

Im not going to shop (but he’s my only true RB1-2, so I can’t) but he’s so low on TDs his scoring and value are down. Those TDs will start coming sooner or later and even if it’s not in masses it’s going to really help out. 

Foles returning is probably a net neutral, but he is a better check down passer than Gardy has shown (haven’t watched the last 2 games though...glad I didn’t with a 66 yard run to start and then not getting 100 tho...I’d have been mad!)

Thanks for the detailed insight. Seems like a solid RB and his play off schedule is mouth watering, especially given the other RBs match ups (I.e Carson and Mack). I’ll be looking to buy in. Was a huge fan of his during his rookie year, but never had a chance to own him. Maybe this is the year! 

9 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Thanks for the detailed insight. Seems like a solid RB and his play off schedule is mouth watering, especially given the other RBs match ups (I.e Carson and Mack). I’ll be looking to buy in. Was a huge fan of his during his rookie year, but never had a chance to own him. Maybe this is the year! 

Thanks! Just be ready if you watch the game for a lot of plodding and unimpressive blocking..but it adds up!

1 minute ago, Jordan23 said:

12.2ppr and made it out healthy. Considering the game was an absolute 💩 show I'll take it. But man this offense has issues. 

Minshew was absolutely horrible.  Took the life out of the entire O with numerous turnovers and sacks from holding on to the ball too long.

Fournette could have easily caught another 5 passes but Minshew kept ignoring him and take what the D was giving him.  Instead he kept trying to extend plays downfield and got burned.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Minshew was absolutely horrible.  Took the life out of the entire O with numerous turnovers and sacks from holding on to the ball too long.

Fournette could have easily caught another 5 passes but Minshew kept ignoring him and take what the D was giving him.  Instead he kept trying to extend plays downfield and got burned.

Yup there were a ton of 2nd and 10 3rd and 10s (4th mode) where he would take the low probably deep shot instead of the manageable 5 yards~ ..rook mistakes