NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Enrique Hernandez 2019 Outlook

clarkevii

2 hours ago, dicka24 said:

I added him the other day, then dropped him an hour before games started today, and immediately ran to pick him back up once the first ball left the yard.  He's definitely worth a look, and could provide 25+ HR power.  If he hits low in the order his counting stats won't be great, but the power could be very real.

Think he hits higher vs LHP for what its worth. Given Roberts love of platoon mix and matching. Its a lower slot vs RHP, but a good RBI position given the depth of the Dodgers LU.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 2

Agree with everyone about him possibly having a big season/breakout. Full time position, no worrying about moving around the field (but we'll see) or playing time. That's huge, mentally speaking. This article from last week was a pretty good read, about his plate discipline. States he revamped himself to lay off the low and away trash in Aug/Sept.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/3/21/18273673/enrique-hernandez-dodgers-utility-player-slider-swing

I grabbed Kike off waivers after our draft, due to his multiple position eligibility, his designated starter at 2B and drastic changes that surfaced last year. If the latter carries over to a full season worth of AB's, I could conservatively see a line similar to .275, 80R, 27HR, 95RBI and a half dozen steals with good to great plate discipline of 75BB 100K. 

All aboard!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I got laughed at in another thread for saying this. How quickly groupthink changes after one game. 

His announcement of him being an everyday guy came after most everyone drafted. There just was not a ton to examination on him before that. Bet he would been more hyped if we knew this months before given his favorable metrics.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I got laughed at in another thread for saying this. How quickly groupthink changes after one game. 

That's probably because he was largely expected to be a super-utility type guy that hoped to just get 400 ABs again. If it was known that he even had a chance to be the everyday 2B, I don't think many (if any) would have laughed. He showed power potential/growth in 2015-17, then hit 21 in 402 ABs last year. If he gets 550 ABs, I wouldn't be surprised by 30 HR at all. 

14 hours ago, Picard56 said:

So does kiké have the taoball endorsement?? 

Pending on what we're talking about, but pretty much. Firstly, your most direct investment as any owner is taking a player in competitive leagues. It was before the announcement of Primary 2B, which effected the draft day price, but I'm an Enrique Hernandez owner in my most competitive leagues. 

He evened his splits out last year, hit more than 20+ HRs in less than 500 ABs, and seeems to have the opportunity. The flexibility is incredible to have. Trying to avoid adding a "CSB," but in one of my main leagues a trade has already gone from making him a presumed 2B for my roster to an everyday OF. In Yahoo leagues he even has 1B/2B/SS/OF and by extension MI / CI eligibility, and in leagues that separtate by OF position, he has CF eligibility I believe. 

He's not going to become an MVP this year I don't think, but .250 25/5 is very real. 

• Like 1

This guy is the PERFECT person for your bench:

1. He is eligible in multiple infield and the outfield positions

2. 30-plus homerun potential w/new every day role

3. He plays on the west coast. A perfect plugin if your east coast starter in NOT in the lineup

No one else on the waiver wire fits this bill..

Pick him up immediately

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Epic fail. So much for that everyday job 

Players get benched a lot early in the season. He has one game against a RH starter on Opening Day and he hit two home runs. Do you really think this is a platoon? 

Hernandez will sit for Taylor more than... Alex Bregman sits. But he'll be the primary player and as of now is not part of a platoon. Jesus Aguilar was benched today, and his ADP was 77th. Let's simmer down. 

• Like 1

Lead off again last night.  Even if he only does so against LH starters it should help him in the runs department.  If you're in a 12 team+ and he's still on your waiver wire, I'd advise you pick him up. 

Edited by dicka24