• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daniel Vogelbach ate his soul.

@Dr. Whom  

Because then they win because you’re limiting the number of ABs your best players get. Funny thought though.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Welp. Did Leclerc get taken out for an injury after allowing 2 runs in 2/3 an inning in the 7th?

Yeah. If your league allows to put DTD player in IL spots, he's worth a stash, but I'm really questioning how much longer he can be held on my bench.

• Like 1

I’m done. He can’t pitch under pressure imo. If he ends up doing great and closing games so be it. I won’t care. He’s not only damaged my ratios long enough but all this time I’ve wasted precious waiver moves where I could have replaced him. Good luck owners. 

Edited by Members_Only_76

I'm holding because he had been pitching better, and his stuff is still electric. If he has an IL or injured stint, I'll stash him and add someone else and then leave him on IL until he proves his worth. In my Fantrax format, you can leave someone on IL after they are activated, so if he is in fact hurt it may be the best scenario for me anyway. I'll just stash him in an IL slot.

I think they said heel or something. I was listening, but not paying close attention when it happened. It didn't look too serious... in fact, nothing stood out. Then there was a huge mound visit with the trainer and he was out.

I'm sure I can find something.

I cannot imagine what size league would make you IL a washed up closer with an era over 5 who will never see the ninth inning again

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

I cannot imagine what size league would make you IL a washed up closer with an era over 5 who will never see the ninth inning again

Believe it or not, Leclerc was pitching very good until he served up that home run. As of May 21: Jose Leclerc has retired his last 16 hitters, 11 by Ks.

Just now, nlm said:

Believe it or not, Leclerc was pitching very good until he served up that home run. As of May 21: Jose Leclerc has retired his last 16 hitters, 11 by Ks.

Choke job and his era is still over 5...he’s garbage now

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Choke job and his era is still over 5...he’s garbage now

And they still gave him a contract and likely will try to get him back into the 9th. If you're chasing saves like a lot of people stashing him on an IL that holds 4 slots isn't a horrible idea. at least in my case. I'm not saying you have to do it, but he still has a decent shot at getting the gig back. Do you truly believe in the rest of Texas' pen? Really?

Edited by nlm
Just now, nlm said:

And they still gave him a contract and likely will try to get him back into the 9th. If you're chasing saves like a lot of people stashing him on an IL that holds 4 slots isn't a horrible idea. I'm not saying you have to do it, but he still has a decent shot at getting the gig back. Do you truly believe in the rest of Texas' pen? Really?

Kelley doesn’t choke like leccrap does

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Kelley doesn’t choke like leccrap does

It sounds like you're an angry Leclerc owner, to be honest. I am simply going with the facts. Kelley just blew a save. Martin is nothing special. Leclerc has the best stuff in the pen. Is he a headcase? Probably. But he also is a headcase with a big contract they gave him to close. It would not shock me one bit to see him closing again. This injury could change that, but he was on the track to reclaim the job. One gigantic blast by Vogelbach wasn't going to change a lot when their entire pen is a dumpster fire.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Josean Pelota said:

Yeah, he had been doing well. But Texas kept deploying him specifically in the 7th, and now if he misses any time, I can't see any fantasy owners except those in deep league or save-strapped situations holding onto him. 

At least you can recognize he was doing well. This Dr. Whom dude seems really butt hurt over Leclerc giving up that HR. Non-save situation and if you had him in your lineups, that's on you man. I've had him planted on my bench and don't know why anyone else wouldn't, even with his success. His value is as a closer. Not an opener or 7th inning guy. He is getting paid to be their closer. All comments from Woodward indicate they want him to be their closer. I'm simply speaking facts. Not letting rage get to me. And he is on my team that is short on closers, so believe me, it's frustrating to me too. But not something to throw an e-tantrum over. Vogelbach just killed that ball. Plain and simple. Meatball aside, he mashed that ball. Sometimes it happens.

Edited by nlm