NBC Sports Edge Forums

Greg Bird 2019 Outlook

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Followed by: Bird to be shut down for a few days Bird to begin the year on the Injured List Bird to get a cortisone injection Bird hopeful to return by All Star break Bird to

Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders waiting for Bird like  

I don’t think it’s quite the “Period” situation you’re making it out to be.  Judge for yourself based on Cashman’s comments from a couple of weeks ago:   ”My gut is, although I'm not calling

1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

This gif has been a constant in the Greg Bird thread over the years

Had that one on speed dial waiting for the moment when it was beyond discussion that he had crashed and burned with his latest opportunity.  That gif is amazingly on point for his career!

The full blurb.

Yankees placed 1B Greg Bird on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 14, with a left plantar fascia tear.

Yet another injury for the Yankees to deal with and yet another injury for Bird, who continues to have terrible luck in that area. It's unclear how long he might be sidelined. The 26-year-old was off to a slow start to begin the year (.550 OPS in 10 games) and now the path is clear for Luke Voit at first base. The Yankees have called up Mike Ford to take Bird's spot on the active roster.

Apr 16, 2019, 10:48 AM

As if the path wasn't already clear for Voit.  And Greg Bird has managed to make Tulo look like the poster child of good health. 

Feel sad for him as a person I guess but man that bird gif was awesomely funny.

Never seen a young 1B/DH get hurt so much. You're barely even running out there. Just swing a bat and walk back to dugout. Man.. you watch the NHL Playoffs and you're like, "Is this guy a different species?" 

17 minutes ago, dod959 said:

Never seen a young 1B/DH get hurt so much. You're barely even running out there. Just swing a bat and walk back to dugout. Man.. you watch the NHL Playoffs and you're like, "Is this guy a different species?" 

Hes never on base so I can't imagine it was a running related injury.  Probably hurt himself on a swing-and-miss.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

This " left plantar fascia tear" ... once you have plantar fascia do you ever get over it truly?  Long term career wise this is bad for him as well.  Yankees should have tried to trade him before this current injury.

His value was next to nothing. it has been for a while