Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jacob deGrom 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, checkers said:

Is he going to start this week?

 

He threw a bullpen session after meeting with a doctor this morning.

Came out fine.  Will throw another bullpen Wednesday.  If all things ok, he's set to start on Friday vs the Brewers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What kind of bark we talking about here? A Bichon or a Great Dane?

I'm fully anticipating we find out he's actually been dead for weeks.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

MRI came back clean, that's a big sigh of relief.

The Mets are such a joke. Goes from strep to elbow barking, scheduled MRI, nah no MRI needed, ok maybe still an MRI we'll see, let him throw, then actually have the MRI. And all of that for a guy that hasn't even begun the extension that they just gave him. They handle their most prized assets with the least care. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not looking good out there.  Degrom is visibly frustrated.  Fastball sitting at 95.  The velo seems normal.  Keith and Gary were saying on the broadcast the Met's were trying to work out some of Degrom's mechanical kinks.  Keith Hernandez said that it looked like his arm was lagging behind.  Hopefully there's no physical issues with him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vesuvius333 said:

He's not looking good out there.  Degrom is visibly frustrated.  Fastball sitting at 95.  The velo seems normal.  Keith and Gary were saying on the broadcast the Met's were trying to work out some of Degrom's mechanical kinks.  Keith Hernandez said that it looked like his arm was lagging behind.  Hopefully there's no physical issues with him.  

 

They should of worked it out against a crappy team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very concerned now. Something I've been pondering and there may be nothing to it, but seems like every game he has struggled in there has been a weather delay, where he has to sit and wait for a period of time. Someone refresh my memory, was there a delay when facing the Twins?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

How has this gone off the rails so far from the 26 game quality start streak/Cy Young pitcher?!

Overpitched in a lost season where they could have just shut him down. 220 innings throwing that hard and that many pitches is always a chance for trouble. He simply did not need to have 30 starts last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Overpitched in a lost season where they could have just shut him down. 220 innings throwing that hard and that many pitches is always a chance for trouble. He simply did not need to have 30 starts last year.

Guys used to do that no problem, all the time.  Softies now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 4:48 AM, Tugginroot said:

Guys used to do that no problem, all the time.  Softies now.

They didn't used to throw 97 consistently though. Unless they were built like brick houses, which Degrom isn't.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully statistical noise. On paper his approach and stuff looks same/same from last year -- movement, velo, release point. He's throwing a few more FB and fewer CB. But his ERA is underperforming xFIP 4.85 to 2.91. His GB% is 28.6% (carreer 45%) and his HR/FB% is 20.8% (carreer 10.5%). Let's face it, he was lucky last year with the 6.5% HR/FB & 82% LOB, but he should regress to his pre-2018 self: ROS 2.9 ERA / 1.15 WHIP / 10 K/9 in lots and lots of innings. He will turn it around tonight against the hapless Reds and their .667 team OPS (crosses fingers)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the entire game. He looked sharper, but still not like last year. He had a very VERY shaky inning where it could have easily been another day wrecking game but got Puig chasing a way out of the zone slider with the bases loaded and a full count. Just for some reason he’s not locating with that pin point control like last year. Buuut, he was a bit better at least. *positive thoughts*

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mets have successfully destroyed another amazing arm. Nice work. I knew I should have taken Scherzer, aka the Schure thing> I'm an idiot sandwich. Though even he has been off this year. I think the moral of the story here is to never trust any pitcher.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrPositive said:

The Mets have successfully destroyed another amazing arm. Nice work. I knew I should have taken Scherzer, aka the Schure thing> I'm an idiot sandwich. Though even he has been off this year. I think the moral of the story here is to never trust any pitcher.

That's on you drafting him ahead of Scherzer but if I may how did the Mets destroy him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrPositive said:

The Mets have successfully destroyed another amazing arm. Nice work. I knew I should have taken Scherzer, aka the Schure thing> I'm an idiot sandwich

You mean the guy with a 3.72 ERA and a worse whip than deGrom? 

And the Mets destroyed his arm huh?

Nice hot takes. But hey at least you got one sentence right!

Edited by cs3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...