NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like he is starting to better figure out how to attack hitters and play with his sequencing to maximize his stuff, chart was noteworthy imo: FB- averaged 93mph with some 95s, very good vert

7IP 3H 1ER 1BB 6K v a good Brewer lineup last night. It's usually not flashy, but he's been rather useful for deeper formats and points leagues. Chart was impressive too: FA- sat 92.5 MPH an

Someone doesnt read Pitchers list. Any pitcher who interests Nick Pollack is of interest to me, and he ranks him #69. An indepth piece from his PL sidekick here: https://www.pitcherlist.com/going

• 2 weeks later...

I would throw this start out of the window honestly. He was incredibly unlucky. Yeah, he walked some guys but he also should have gotten out of the first two innings unscathed if it wasn't for the wind completely screwing Kelly and the fielders. The ball was whipping around in the air like a boomerang. Pretty frustrating to watch but I'm not too concerned about this start.

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

I would throw this start out of the window honestly. He was incredibly unlucky. Yeah, he walked some guys but he also should have gotten out of the first two innings unscathed if it wasn't for the wind completely screwing Kelly and the fielders. The ball was whipping around in the air like a boomerang. Pretty frustrating to watch but I'm not too concerned about this start.

Agreed and although he walked too many, it could’ve gone much differently as he was in a lot of high pitch at bats. He pitched much better than the line shows. 

9 hours ago, nlm said:

I too am happy I took the dive. I also may be holding for now.

He is streamer fodder in 10-12 team leagues. Go pick someone else up, he'll be around next time he has a good matchup.

3 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

He is streamer fodder in 10-12 team leagues. Go pick someone else up, he'll be around next time he has a good matchup.

Pretty league dependent. But his next matchup has him lining up against the depleted Yankees in Arizona. I don't think I'd necessarily call that a bad matchup.

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Pretty league dependent. But his next matchup has him lining up against the depleted Yankees in Arizona. I don't think I'd necessarily call that a bad matchup.

Exactly. In my league, the FA with the highest league score is John Means. Andrew Cashner is right below him.

It's a very deep league and Kelly against the NYY holds value to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems like he is starting to better figure out how to attack hitters and play with his sequencing to maximize his stuff, chart was noteworthy imo:

FB- averaged 93mph with some 95s, very good vert action on it, threw 19--14 for strikes with 10 cuts and 2 whiffs, spotted it with precision

FC- cutter has some very nice action, sits about 91mph and stays off barrels really well! he threw 28--19 strikes with 17 hacks and 2 whiffs

CU- seems to be his $ pitch, really nice shape on it and compliments his velo and vert spectrum well, sits 81mph, spun 31--22 strikes with 16 swings and 8 whiffs

CH- has some nice tumble, sits 88mph, threw 10--8 strikes with 8 cuts and 2 whiffs

SI- only 5 sinkers at 93+mph--4 for strikes and 3 swings for a couple easy ground outs

• Like 4