NBC Sports Edge Forums

Frank Gore 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Smoketheclay said:

66 total yards wasn’t a barn burner but a decent waiver wire pickup to fill in for McCaffrey

Gore is a safe play every week if you need at least 5-6 points. Consistent floor and limited ceiling. He won't lose you any weeks.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gore walking into the locker room  

This guy is looking like an absolute stud, came out of nowhere  He runs with fresh legs and I think he will take the job sooner rather then later - he’s the future 

I do remember the 2012 Outlook thread, where people were legitimately concerned that he was old and about to fall off a cliff. Frank Gore 2012 Season Outlook You know, the same season where

37 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

2 more games and he should move to 3rd on The all time leading rusher list. Behind only E. Smith and W. Payton.

Was he the oldest to have a 100 yard rush game?

3 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Possibly, or maybe Marcus Allen, I know he played into his late 30s

Looks like he was the 2nd 36 year old to do it. The other wasn't Allen though.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/frank-gore-accomplishes-something-in-week-4-no-nfl-running-back-has-done-since-1978/

Yeeeesh, plugged him at flex last weekend and got lucky that juju went off or I would've lost. 

Anybody watch the Bills game? Did he have any GL chances? 

Any reason for optimism? I'm between a rock and a hard spot at RB but have about 0% confidence in Frank.

Thoughts by someone who watched the game?

18 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Yeeeesh, plugged him at flex last weekend and got lucky that juju went off or I would've lost. 

Any reason for optimism? I'm between a rock and a hard spot at RB but have about 0% confidence in Frank.

He was running against one of the best defensive lines in the league, and still looked decent with the carries he got. The problem was that they switched to Singletary when they fell behind in the game to try and spark some offense on screens (which he did well on his TD)

Frankie should do better this week against trash Washington, but it's a 50/50 split it's looking like with Singletary healthy

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I don't think you can play any bills RB with confidence. The back field is split right now and depending on game script, it would be impossible to guess who's going to be leading in the WAS game. You'll most likely be playing a guessing game on which RB is going to emerge as the FF producer every week, until one of these guys goes down.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LoneSoldier said:

I don't think you can play any bills RB with confidence. The back field is split right now and depending on game script, it would be impossible to guess who's going to be leading in the WAS game. You'll most likely be playing a guessing game on which RB is going to emerge as the FF producer every week, until one of these guys goes down.

As a Singletary owner, I agree with your statement. At least this backfield isn't as disfunctional as the chiefs.  

13 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Can be safely dropped in all formats 

I plan on dropping before the fantasy playoffs when his schedule gets tough against the run. He still has value right now as the lead back on a good running team with some good matchups. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, y2jbones said:

Definitely flex or bye-week worthy this week against the Skins. 

On the fence to flex him, seems like he plays better against stronger defenses when his team needs him. Have a feeling Singletary may get some shine this weekend. How many carries do you think frank will get? 

• 3 weeks later...