NBC Sports Edge Forums

12-team league, 8 keepers, Yahoo.  I finished 8th last year and began my rebuild at the end of 2017.

CATs:  R, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP / W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP\

Roster :

C - A. Hedges, 1B - F. FREEMAN, 2B - D. Gordon , 3B - M. CHAPMAN, SS - D. Gregorius, OF - J. SOTO, OF - M. HANIGER, OF - A. Jones, UTIL - R. DEVERS, UTIL - W. Adames 

SP - J. BERRIOS, SP - M. CLEVINGER, RP - R. OSUNA, RP - K. Giles, P - L. Castillo, P - N. Pivetta, P - J. Happ, P - R. Hill

BN - J. Lester, F. Peralta, D. Rodriguez, H. Rondon, A. Desclafani

So which 8 should I keep?  The way I'm leaning in BOLD.  My struggle is figuring out if I should keep Pivetta.  Really like his long term value (with a chance to breakout this year).  Any other suggestions?

WHIR ASAP

Thanks!

I'll be the odd man out. I like all your bolds except I'd substitute Pivetta for Osuna. Since HLDs are a category in addition to SVs, it devalues closers a bit. I'd want to keep Pivetta. I think he breaks out this season and he's on a lot of people's sleeper boards. In a keeper, he's more valuable than Osuna in this case. 

Good luck 

• Thanks 1

Hill is more valuable these days now that there’s not as many workhorses getting over 200 innings or even 180 for that matter. We know he’s gonna have a few blisters/DL stings but even if he pitches 130 innings with his ratios and K/9 I’d bet he ranks in the top 100. Like @BeantownBashers mentioned since saves arent as valuable in saves+holds leagues Osuna isn’t an optimal keeper here. If you really wanted to you could elect to keep Happ or Castillo instead both should rack up a ton of Ks and Wins this year.

• Thanks 1

I too would keep pivetta over osuna...hill is always hurt and one injury away from retirement. Help with mine please

• Thanks 1

I would keep Castillo instead of Osuna. Castillo had a solid second half I think he is a breakout candidate(again). Closers/Relievers are probably fine to let go cause there are always new closers and new roles as the season goes on. Just need to pay attention and grab them fast enough. 

• Thanks 1