Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Latavius Murray 2019 Outlook


affliction
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

That and Murray is a JAG and the offense has been pretty bad without Brees. 

JAG? Yeah okay. Lat Murray is the consumate professional. He is not scared of the Bears and in career games with 15 carries or more he averages 15 fantasy points.

I'm not uber confident in this matchup, but JAG he is not.

He was efficient last week and had a long touchdown called back. I'm heard the bears are in the bottom 10 in receptions allowed to RBs as well. If you don't have a better option roll him out there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This could indeed be a better matchup than people are assuming. While the Bears are elite run stoppers they're only middle-of-the-pack when it comes to slowing fantasy RBs. Why?

 

Indeed it's the passing game, as the poster above alluded to. The Bears give up the second most receptions per game (7.4) to running backs and the fourth most yards (58.6). Targets? The highest in the league at 9.8 per game.

 

This all makes sense, given their stifling defense and pass rush. A lot of checkdowns and screen passes are needed to deal with them. Coincidentally, Murray just had a screen pass TD called back due to penalty last week. And fortuitously, Bridgwater happens to be a more conservative QB, who won't mind checking the ball down several times a game.

 

Murray may get a boost in the running game with Hicks out, but it may be through the air that he does most of his damage.

 

Could be a sneaky game of something like 11 carries for 40 yards. 8 receptions for 60 yards with either a rushing or receiving TD.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Flare said:

This could indeed be a better matchup than people are assuming. While the Bears are elite run stoppers they're only middle-of-the-pack when it comes to slowing fantasy RBs. Why?

Indeed it's the passing game, as the poster above alluded to. The Bears give up the second most receptions per game (7.4) to running backs and the fourth most yards (58.6). Targets? The highest in the league at 9.8 per game.

This all makes sense, given their stifling defense and pass rush. A lot of checkdowns and screen passes are needed to deal with them. Coincidentally, Murray just had a screen pass TD called back due to penalty last week. And fortuitously, Bridgwater happens to be a more conservative QB, who won't mind checking the ball down several times a game.

Murray may get a boost in the running game with Hicks out, but it may be through the air that he does most of his damage.

Could be a sneaky game of something like 11 carries for 40 yards. 8 receptions for 60 yards with either a rushing or receiving TD.

You are right that Murray is going to have to get his production through the air.  People assume just because Hicks is out/on the IR, that they still aren't great against the run. They are, as Jacobs is the only RB to have done anything noteworthy against them all season on the ground.

Murray is a good enough pass catcher to be able to produce good enough there, although I still don't think he's an automatic start unless you have no other solid options because there's no guarantee he does anything on the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree Murray is a strong volume play today.. He should get carries and be plenty involved in passing game (TreQuann Smith and Cook out also). 

I doubt they deploy Murray identical to how they would kamara, but still no reason he doesnt see  15+ Rush attempts and 5-6 passes (considering cook out also).. with an easy 20+ touches, he should be a very strong flex especially in PPR. Floor could be in the 8-10 range (15 rushes 40 yards / 4 catches 20 yards) and the ceiling could be pretty high too if he finds the endzone or breaks one off..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mjb said:

Looks great against the Bears vaunted defense.  Not sure about Kamara's outlook next week, but anyone behind this this Oline would be great.

Wow, how about my boy Lat Murray, 114/2TD's..😀

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, austin316 said:

JAG? Yeah okay. Lat Murray is the consumate professional. He is not scared of the Bears and in career games with 15 carries or more he averages 15 fantasy points.

I'm not uber confident in this matchup, but JAG he is not.

He was efficient last week and had a long touchdown called back. I'm heard the bears are in the bottom 10 in receptions allowed to RBs as well. If you don't have a better option roll him out there


JAG my a**

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

Yes!  Just to let you know my ego isn’t as inflated as it should be because I sat Aaron Rogers for Kyler Murray this week. But I totally called this one😉

Yeah, I sat Waller, MVS, and J Allen..🤮Hoping the ride continues as the Saints appear to be a complete team and NFC favorites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

As an owner of both Kamara and Murray, this was obviously great for this week, and I hope they sit Alvin through the bye.

 

However, I’m wondering if this performance turned it into more of a timeshare once Kamara is back... could be a bit more of a headache after the bye.

 

Yup, I think Latavius just carved out an Ingram-lite role when Kamara gets back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

As an owner of both Kamara and Murray, this was obviously great for this week, and I hope they sit Alvin through the bye.

 

However, I’m wondering if this performance turned it into more of a timeshare once Kamara is back... could be a bit more of a headache after the bye.

Could turn into AK/Ingram2..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

As an owner of both Kamara and Murray, this was obviously great for this week, and I hope they sit Alvin through the bye.

 

However, I’m wondering if this performance turned it into more of a timeshare once Kamara is back... could be a bit more of a headache after the bye.

Might be a good idea. This is the first year that Kamara has had the bellcow role and it obviously didn’t do his body good. Sean Payton has proven that his offense is able to support two backs before 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...