Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Latavius Murray 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kamara is not playing tomorrow.     

So now NON-injury prone players are injury prone?    LOL, NO ONE IS SAFE

LaDainian Tomlinson* Eddie George Curtis Martin* Rudi Johnson Tiki Barber Ray Rice Matt Forte Corey Dillon Shaun Alexander Chris Johnson Marshawn Lynch Frank Gore Charlie Garne

Really tempted to trade him while his value is high if I can get a lead back with more assured touches, I was an Ingram owner last year and remember it being very hard to predict usage week to week.  On the other hand Murray seems to have proven over the last couple games that he might have higher upside than Ingram did especially if gets the goal line work...Tough decisions ahead [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I am praying that the ingram role comes back.  I have Kamara and murray and want the ingram/AK stats of last year which is what Peyton likes to do.


His receiving skills are very impressive. I’m right there with you. I’ll gladly start both of them 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poormansmoorman said:

Really tempted to trade him while his value is high if I can get a lead back with more assured touches, I was an Ingram owner last year and remember it being very hard to predict usage week to week.  On the other hand Murray seems to have proven over the last couple games that he might have higher upside than Ingram did especially if gets the goal line work...Tough decisions ahead [...]

Your best bet is to move him to the Kamara owner. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

What's his trade value?  Low end WR3/WR4?  No Thanks.  I can't see getting any more, outside of a Kamara owner with a stacked bench. until he shows stand alone value with Kamara in the game.

I'm not sure what you we're expecting? He's a handcuff (obviously one of the best). Your best bet is to package him with another player and trade him the Kamara owner in order to upgrade at a different position (ex. Murray + WR2 for a WR1).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

What about the OBJ owner?

Even as crappy as OBJ has been, the owner will still be insulted with that offer.  If he's hung on to him this long, he's pot committed and looking at those few easy games on his schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, esprits4s said:

What's his trade value?  Low end WR3/WR4?  No Thanks.  I can't see getting any more, outside of a Kamara owner with a stacked bench. until he shows stand alone value with Kamara in the game.


Holding is a perfectly viable strategy. Kamara could get injured again, this time more seriously (in which case LM has league-winner written all over him), or Murray may yet achieve the mythical Ingram Role in which case he’s an every week flex.

Trying to trade him right now by himself for a WR2 will be seen as an insult, because we all know he’s not going to put up 30 points every week after the bye. Will he put up even 10 points? We don’t know yet, and that’s why his trade value remains low.

The Kamara owner in my league doesn’t seem too interested in Murray, and a lot of them probably feel that way. I’m also holding and seeing what happens.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

7idopp6b05d11.gif


Saints BYE week and Kamara back after that.  😢 

 

I miss Lat muscle already...

 

but he’ll be back.

 

I think he splits time with Kamara going forward and will remain RB2 or flex worthy depending on league/roster. RB1 without Kamara in all leagues.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm thinking that I am going to play the Kamara + Murray combo week in and week out.  I figure that there is a combined 40-50 fantasy points to be had between the both of them and I might as well just play it safe. 

 

"safe" is usually 6-7, 7-6 type of record, and a first rd bounce from the playoffs. 

no one ever won a cotdamn thing playing it safe. 

fare thee well, RW brutha 🤠

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

"safe" is usually 6-7, 7-6 type of record, and a first rd bounce from the playoffs. 

no one ever won a cotdamn thing playing it safe. 

fare thee well, RW brutha 🤠

 

I guess I am calling this a safe play when maybe it is really a huge upside risk play...hmmmm...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm thinking that I am going to play the Kamara + Murray combo week in and week out.  I figure that there is a combined 40-50 fantasy points to be had between the both of them and I might as well just play it safe. 

Your estimate sounds incredibly high to me.   I think you can count on 20-25.  

If you're playing both and expecting 40-50, that's not safe.  Imo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So guys, what can we expect from Murray going forward?. I picked him up 2 weeks ago when I heard Kamara was limited and Murray single handedly won me my matchups. Now that Kamara is back, do they give Murray more touches/work? I feel like he's earned it. He beasted in the 2 weeks Kamara was out and showed he can handle the workload.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Logic says it should be about a 60/40 but we’re dealing with NFL coaches so who knows, but it would make sense to limit Kamara’s touches for the stretch . A few games early in the year he barely saw any action at all so there’s definitely risk. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...