NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eugenio Suarez 2019 Outlook

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like that hand is okay.  6/10 with 2 HR since coming back.  We could be looking at the quietest 50 HR season in a very long time.

I’d be very interested in looking at his batted ball data from last year to this year. Im curious if he was attempting to raise his launch angle this year? That could explain the cold 1st half and inc

46 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

3B for the Reds.

rosterresource has Suarez hitting 3rd after Votto and ahead of Gennett/Puig.

Good shot at 100 RBI and 100 runs this year. Targeting him mid-4th round in a 12-team league.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Ham Porter said:

Agreed. Got him mid 5th (65) in a 14 man! My favorite value pick.

I got him in the 4th round in a 14 team league. Reds offense should be better this year so I'm thinking 110 RBI's would be possible.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Miss when this guy would go forgotten in drafts and was a steal 

He still is. He has two top ten obp guys in front of him and Puig behind him. Strange how his season suffered when Winker went down

On 3/12/2019 at 8:57 PM, avatoot said:

I got him in the 4th round in a 14 team league. Reds offense should be better this year so I'm thinking 110 RBI's would be possible.

I got him 10th round in a 10 team dynasty league! Feel he could have a brilliant year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, dkrocka said:

This guy lead the league in rbi's over the first half and his sabremetrics were elite. He's a 2nd round talent going around 50ish. Get him.

Wait a minute, did I say elite? Because this is what I meant: xOBA's and OBA's were comparable to this crowd: JoRam, Yelich, Stanton, Bregman, Lindor. His soft hit went from 20% in 2017... to 8% in 2018. 8 F****** SH%. His hard hit went up from 33 to 48%. And those numbers are including his slump. IFFB? From 11% to 3%

This is a different hitter here folks.

People forget he actually missed time last year. He might have flirted with a 40-120 season if he hadn't.

Most people don't know that it was an adjustment to keep his hands lower to keep the bat in the zone longer that propelled the surge in batting average. He basically traded a few walks for home runs

He's 27

Same park as last year... "Home Run Ballpark"

They added Puig. Winker's gonna be 100%, and he was up there for ROY before getting hurt

You should be all over this guy in the 40's, let alone the 50's

Edited by dkrocka
  • Like 2

Since I like to throw water on a lot of guys on here 😄 I just want to point to the slightly concerning rise in K-rate last season which seems to have crept into spring. It might be a narrative I'm making up, but it appears to me that pitchers finally found something to exploit after his torrid start:

K%

Mar/Apr 17.9 %
May 16.4 %
Jun 20.5 %
Jul 30.8 %
Aug 24.8 %
Sept/Oct 29.0 %

Spring 37.3% (51PA)

Admittedly all that does is take him from elite to very very good.

• Like 1

Could be that he struggles against Sliders a good deal. But he struggles v Sliders less than Aguilar struggles in Sliders, Curves, and Change-Ups pretty much 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by taobball
  • Like 1

Maybe it’s the emoticon this isn’t worth another post but couldn’t edit: I’m fading him DFS against harsh slider throwers early in year and putting him as a stud in lineup potentially with no slider in repertorie

• 3 weeks later...

There's no reason why this guy shouldn't eventually be close to the same player he was last season, right?  I thought he took a big step forward last season and assumed he'd build off of that this year.

I've just got so many guys off to slow starts and it's testing my patience.

29 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

There's no reason why this guy shouldn't eventually be close to the same player he was last season, right?  I thought he took a big step forward last season and assumed he'd build off of that this year.

I've just got so many guys off to slow starts and it's testing my patience.  

Right.  I think his results highlight  how cold the Reds have been collectively.  His power and walk #'s are ok.  There are too many good bats not to wake up, so in my mind he's one of the guy who will wake up and make the Reds exciting over the summer.   

• Like 1