NBC Sports Edge Forums

Catcher help... WHIR

I waited a little too long on a catcher. I ended up drafting Robinson Chirinos. I figure that he will be the starting catcher for the Astros and should see a lot of playing time, while also providing some pop for my line up. There are some other options out there and not sure if I should pick one up and carry two catchers or drop Chirinos for one. 

Tucker Barnhart(Cincy)

Yan Gomes(Nationals)

Jorge Alfaro(Marlins)

Omar Narvaez(Mariners)

Please help and leave your link. thank you 

18 minutes ago, al3x said:

I waited a little too long on a catcher. I ended up drafting Robinson Chirinos. I figure that he will be the starting catcher for the Astros and should see a lot of playing time, while also providing some pop for my line up. There are some other options out there and not sure if I should pick one up and carry two catchers or drop Chirinos for one. 

Tucker Barnhart(Cincy)

Yan Gomes(Nationals)

Jorge Alfaro(Marlins)

Omar Narvaez(Mariners)

Please help and leave your link. thank you 

Barnhart

Gomes

Chirinos

in that order for me. Basically all 12-18

type catchers. I like the Reds lineup.

Do not waste a roster spot on a 2nd catcher. Beginning the season with Chirinos is alright just don't hesitate to drop him for a hot catcher throughout the year. I like Barnhart and Narvarez of the others you mentioned. 

Edited by BostonCajun
2 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

That's why you never wait to draft a catcher, you should of drafted either Realmuto, Sanchez, Cubs catcher very very very early in the draft. 

it is a Keepers league and both Realmuto and sanchez were kept. Posey went 4th overall and Contreras yadi and Ramos went quickly after.