NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fantasy Baseball Resources (Sites, Tools, Podcasts, Books, etc.)

19 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

Anyone know if @taobball is going to be releasing rankings?  Sorry if it has been talked about, have only been on here sparingly - trying to get back on more.

on his twitter (@cj_freel) he suggested back on Feb 5th that his 2020 draft guide is in the works and should be available soon. i check in everyday so if/when he posts it i'll share the link here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

on his twitter (@cj_freel) he suggested back on Feb 5th that his 2020 draft guide is in the works and should be available soon. i check in everyday so if/when he posts it i'll share the link here. 

First follow all the teams beat reporters. There are several for each team and some are better than others but they are almost always first with line-ups, call-ups, and injury news. In no meaning

I think the days of the published mag are on their way out. There's just too much information available online, much of it for free without having to pay $10 for a mag to say the same thing, except th

Posted Images

Anybody else disappointed in Rotoworld's Draft Guide this year?  I buy the MLB draft guide online and this year it's just not very good in my opinion. Seems like they produced it more for H2H / Points leagues than Roto leagues.  Maybe that's the trend in fantasy baseball.  Their projections just seem way off too, I guess that is based on my opinion of players but they are all over the place on players.  

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Anybody else disappointed in Rotoworld's Draft Guide this year?  I buy the MLB draft guide online and this year it's just not very good in my opinion. Seems like they produced it more for H2H / Points leagues than Roto leagues.  Maybe that's the trend in fantasy baseball.  Their projections just seem way off too, I guess that is based on my opinion of players but they are all over the place on players.  

Some of the player groupings by tier are horrible.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:16 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

I know he was probably being a bit sarcastic, but he is kind of right. If you're willing to pay for the software I'd look into what FantasyPros offers. My only problem with it is their "suggested players" list doesn't seem to do a very good job of taking your roster construction into account. You can integrate it directly with Chrome and your ESPN or Yahoo draft platform which is nice though. A little pop up box comes up with suggested players as you draft and you can also rankings lists (overall, by position, etc.) without having to open another window. 

the draft software basically saves me the time from having to sift through my lists and rankings that are on paper...  saves a lot of time and energy doing basically the same thing.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:15 PM, murraygd13 said:

I bought the Rotoworlds draft guide this year as I usually do.  I use it as only 1 of my 3 sources of projections/rankings.  Don't depend on only one source.  Just use an average of 3 or however many you decide.  It is more time consuming but I averaged out the projections/rankings last year and it helped me take 1st place last year of 12 teams in a points keeper league.  

• 10 months later...

Are there any good baseball podcasts right now? I’ve never been a podcast fan, but I found a fantasy football podcast that I really like. So I’m curious if there is a go-to fantasy baseball podcast for guys in here. 

Obviously, I’d want something accurate and informative, but I don’t want something that is going to put me to sleep, lol. 

52 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Are there any good baseball podcasts right now? I’ve never been a podcast fan, but I found a fantasy football podcast that I really like. So I’m curious if there is a go-to fantasy baseball podcast for guys in here. 

Obviously, I’d want something accurate and informative, but I don’t want something that is going to put me to sleep, lol. 

I personally listen to:

• Rates and Barrels (DVR and Eno)
  • Sleeper and the Bust
  • Pitcher List (when they focus on... pitching)
  • Batflip Crazy (not as frequent)
  • The Athletic Fantasy Baseball

The top 2 are basically every episode listens. If I run out of content, I will listen to CBS  Fantasy baseball, they are a lot more basic, but they do a lot, so they are sort of old faithful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, oswald737 said:

I personally listen to:

• Sleeper and the Bust

The top 2 are basically every episode listens. If I run out of content, I will listen to CBS  Fantasy baseball, they are a lot more basic, but they do a lot, so they are sort of old faithful.

It's a good list. Sleeper and the bust is less good these days. Haven't listened in a while but hq radio has always been decent. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

It's a good list. Sleeper and the bust is less good these days. Haven't listened in a while but hq radio has always been decent. 

Sleeper and the bust was better with eno but I think Justin mason does a good job. Jason collettes occasional appearances are also nice. 

1 hour ago, damana said:

Sleeper and the bust was better with eno but I think Justin mason does a good job. Jason collettes occasional appearances are also nice. 

I remember Jason Collette before he became a name in the industry. We were members of The Bull Pen on Rotojunkie.com many moons ago...the very first fantasy baseball forum I ever joined back around 2000 or so. Maybe 1999. It was cool to see him be able to make a career out of it. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, oswald737 said:

I personally listen to:

• Sleeper and the Bust

2 hours ago, damana said:

I personally love The Sleeper and the Bust and I think Pitcher list is well done.  Nick Pollack is very knowledgeable about the in's and out's of pitching.     

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Thank you for your input, fellas. Much appreciated. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I remember Jason Collette before he became a name in the industry. We were members of The Bull Pen on Rotojunkie.com many moons ago...the very first fantasy baseball forum I ever joined back around 2000 or so. Maybe 1999. It was cool to see him be able to make a career out of it. 

That’s pretty awesome. He has really done well for himself in the industry and I love his insight. I’m pretty sure he was a poster on this forum as well when I first joined. My detective skills aren’t always the greatest so I might be wrong lol. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, duke of queens said:

Anybody who usually does their auction remotely have a good solution for their draft,  whether it be zoom, google meets etc., plus an app that can handle a 4 hr auction with customizable settings?

FanTrax and Zoom worked pretty good last year for my league.

49 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

FanTrax and Zoom worked pretty good last year for my league.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:53 AM, duke of queens said:

Anybody who usually does their auction remotely have a good solution for their draft,  whether it be zoom, google meets etc., plus an app that can handle a 4 hr auction with customizable settings?

I was under the impression that you had to pay for Zoom if you went over 45 minutes?  My home league is looking into using Skype as the app is free to use if you are calling to a mobile or pc that has the app Downloaded and active.  I believe it just requires a Microsoft account.  You get a 10 hour time limit per day split into 4 hour blocks.  I wish I had more info for you but I've only made a few calls with it and never had 12 people on the line at once. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have only found a couple of published magazines (Athlon and Lindy's) so far ... I know most are sticking to the online sources but am wondering if there's word on the other established roto baseball magazines -- one by Roto Rob that i've never remembered the title but was always a must-have in my pool. I haven't seen The Sporting News MLB issue either.

9 hours ago, danny-o said:

I have only found a couple of published magazines (Athlon and Lindy's) so far ... I know most are sticking to the online sources but am wondering if there's word on the other established roto baseball magazines -- one by Roto Rob that i've never remembered the title but was always a must-have in my pool. I haven't seen The Sporting News MLB issue either.

Baseball Forecaster has been out for a couple of months.

Edited by duke of queens
11 hours ago, danny-o said:

Sporting News isn't publishing this year.  A couple of guys in my league ordered the Rotowire Magazine.  So far I've only heard negative feedback.

I think the days of the published mag are on their way out. There's just too much information available online, much of it for free without having to pay $10 for a mag to say the same thing, except that it's outdated almost as soon as it's published. I'd much rather pay $25 for Forecaster and get the rest of my info online than buy a mag. 

• Like 3