NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Herndon 2019 Outlook

On 11/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, y2jbones said:

Coincidentally I claimed Green off waivers last week and have a claim in for Herndon this week. Herndon should be good once healthy but can’t blame anyone for dropping him. He is taking forever to recover. I need him for week the week 11 byes. 

Well I didn't need him until week 11 but now that time-frame for me has been dramatically escalated to this week due to Engram being declared out.

Any believers still out there?  

News is encouraging he's gonna play:

(RotoWire) Herndon (hamstring) was limited at Wednesday's practice, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: That said, Manish Mehta of the Daily News relays that coach Adam Gase anticipates that Herndon will be able to practice fully at some point this week, which has a chance to lead to the tight end playing for the first time this season Sunday against the Giants. Herndon was active for Week 9's loss to Miami, but didn't play.

(Rotoworld) Chris Herndon (hamstring) remained limited for Wednesday's practice.

Analysis: Herndon was only 'active' against the Dolphins because the Jets had 26 (!) players listed on their injury report. With another week of practice and recovery under his belt, Herndon should finally be cleared to return in a prime spot against the Giants' secondary, which just allowed 37-year-old Jason Witten to roam free for season-highs in targets (9), catches (8) and receiving yards (58) Monday night. Herndon projects to play every snap if truly active for the first time all year.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still start him over O.J.   not like it matters

So Friday, they knew about this Friday. 

Choooooo Ch............

Posted Images

17 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Well I didn't need him until week 11 but now that time-frame for me has been dramatically escalated to this week due to Engram being declared out.

Any believers still out there?  

News is encouraging he's gonna play:

(RotoWire) Herndon (hamstring) was limited at Wednesday's practice, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: That said, Manish Mehta of the Daily News relays that coach Adam Gase anticipates that Herndon will be able to practice fully at some point this week, which has a chance to lead to the tight end playing for the first time this season Sunday against the Giants. Herndon was active for Week 9's loss to Miami, but didn't play.

(Rotoworld) Chris Herndon (hamstring) remained limited for Wednesday's practice.

Analysis: Herndon was only 'active' against the Dolphins because the Jets had 26 (!) players listed on their injury report. With another week of practice and recovery under his belt, Herndon should finally be cleared to return in a prime spot against the Giants' secondary, which just allowed 37-year-old Jason Witten to roam free for season-highs in targets (9), catches (8) and receiving yards (58) Monday night. Herndon projects to play every snap if truly active for the first time all year.

I’m in the same boat. I could drop Herndon for a better play this week, but I kind of want to see how good he can be rest of season. Also, Engram’s situation may have him missing games after the bye. I’m starting Herndon this week and hoping for the best. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I’m in the same boat. I could drop Herndon for a better play this week, but I kind of want to see how good he can be rest of season. Also, Engram’s situation may have him missing games after the bye. I’m starting Herndon this week and hoping for the best. 

I haven't heard anything about Engram missing games after his bye.  What makes you think that may happen?

I'm a little torn on Herndon.  Like yourself I'm intrigued as to what his upside could be ROS.  But I do wonder if it's safer to go with someone like Cook who has Brees throwing him the rock or Gesicki who now appears to be 2nd in the pecking order for targets with plenty of favorable negative game scripts going forward.   

6 minutes ago, cizastro said:

After holding for half the year, I finally let go.  Just took Gesicki and will wait until Njoku returns.  I had high hopes for this dude, but no confidence that he'd suit up this week.

And if he does suit up then what?  I haven't heard anything negative (my previous post) news indicating he's not going to play Sunday.  

15 minutes ago, ak427 said:

How do you even start those dude with any confidence assuming he's active? I'm holding, but no way I'm putting him in my lineup. 

Completely healthy ww TEs put up duds frequently. I’d rather throw in a guy that has some upside if he’s practicing in full. I’ve got 10 points the last 3 weeks by streaming TE, so it’s not like I am out anything if he flops. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, nromn said:

Completely healthy ww TEs put up duds frequently. I’d rather throw in a guy that has some upside if he’s practicing in full. I’ve got 10 points the last 3 weeks by streaming TE, so it’s not like I am out anything if he flops. 

#12 scoring TE ("TE1s") in my league, week by week (.5 PPR)

Week 9 - Travis Kelce: 9.7 points

Week 8 - Jack Doyle: 8.1 points

Week 7 - Irv Smith: 8.5 points

Week 6 - Travis Kelce: 7.8 points

Would I be reasonably confident that Herndon could come in off the street and get 9 catches for 120 yards and a score?  I would not. 

But is he just as safe a bet as Larry, Curly or Moe on the waiver wire to get 4 catches for 55, or maybe get a RZ TD and do nothing else?  Sure.  Why the hell not.  It's not like it's likely I'll be missing anything from not picking up woozits.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, ak427 said:

How do you even start those dude with any confidence assuming he's active? I'm holding, but no way I'm putting him in my lineup. 

There's probably a few guys like me with Ertz at TE who just need him for this week. I'll take anything I can get tbh.

Come on Already!  Been waiting all day to see a repeat of yesterday's news.  Do you'll feel like he is going to play?

New Player Note Thu, Nov 7

Chris Herndon (hamstring) remained limited at Thursday's practice.

Advice: Herndon is trending toward making his season debut Sunday against the Giants after missing the past several weeks with a hamstring injury he incurred during his four-game suspension. Second among rookie tight ends in receiving yards a year ago, Herndon could conceivably work his way into the TE1 mix, though it may take a game or two for him to get his rhythm back. UConn alum Ryan Griffin has spelled him at tight end the past two months.

More: New York Jets PR on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

Herndon is trending toward making his season debut Sunday against the Giants after missing the past several weeks with a hamstring injury he incurred during his four-game suspension. Second among rookie tight ends in receiving yards a year ago, Herndon could conceivably work his way into the TE1 mix, though it may take a game or two for him to get his rhythm back. UConn alum Ryan Griffin has spelled him at tight end the past two months.

Nov 7, 2019, 4:39 PM ET
4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Herndon is trending toward making his season debut Sunday against the Giants after missing the past several weeks with a hamstring injury he incurred during his four-game suspension. Second among rookie tight ends in receiving yards a year ago, Herndon could conceivably work his way into the TE1 mix, though it may take a game or two for him to get his rhythm back. UConn alum Ryan Griffin has spelled him at tight end the past two months.

Nov 7, 2019, 4:39 PM ET

Strange because Herndon said himself he practiced fully.  

Jets coach Adam Gase confirmed Chris Herndon (hamstring) is on track to make his season debut against the Giants in Week 10.

Herndon has been a limited participant at practice this week. It took him longer than expected to recover from a strained hamstring, though it appears the second-year tight end will finally see the field in Sunday's battle of the Big Apple. A favorite target of Sam Darnold's throughout his rookie year, Herndon is worth a speculative add in leagues where he's available. Still, a wait-and-see approach might be best coming off a long layoff.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:50 AM ET

giphy.gif
19 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Okay.  Who do we think outperforms who this week ....Herndon or Hollister?  I hate to say it but I think Hollister has the better game. 

No way would I start Herndon this week.  Hollister for sure.

• Haha 1