Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still start him over O.J.   not like it matters

So Friday, they knew about this Friday. 

Choooooo Ch............

Posted Images

On 9/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, Cord said:

How does the Darnold illness impact his value?

I am less interested with Darnold out, but when Darnold will return is the question.  He could be back in a week or two or it could be months in a worst case scenario.  

The Jets (if they’re smart) have to protect the long term asset they have in Darnold. 

51 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I am less interested with Darnold out, but when Darnold will return is the question.  He could be back in a week or two or it could be months in a worst case scenario.  

The Jets (if they’re smart) have to protect the long term asset they have in Darnold. 

Yep, best case scenario for Darnold is 2 weeks.  Worst case, and unlikely is 4 months.  

If somebody is going to wait until week 6 for Herndon to be playable, wouldn't you rather have Hunter Henry on your bench, assuming he comes back in 4-6 weeks?  Or is he too injury prone? 

I just fail to see why everyone is interested in Herndon.  I know the narrative - the backup TE was on the field for most of the game, which translates to Herndon getting all the snaps when he comes back.  And that Darnold is a short to intermediate thrower, so that's why all the Crowder usage.  But really, what has Herndon done to warrant the pseudo hype?  If you're looking at Herndon, you've missed the train on Waller, Andrews, and Hock.  Can't use him now, so you've got another option already. I'd see if the Henry owner got impatient.

48 minutes ago, CooL said:

If somebody is going to wait until week 6 for Herndon to be playable, wouldn't you rather have Hunter Henry on your bench, assuming he comes back in 4-6 weeks?  Or is he too injury prone? 

I just fail to see why everyone is interested in Herndon.  I know the narrative - the backup TE was on the field for most of the game, which translates to Herndon getting all the snaps when he comes back.  And that Darnold is a short to intermediate thrower, so that's why all the Crowder usage.  But really, what has Herndon done to warrant the pseudo hype?  If you're looking at Herndon, you've missed the train on Waller, Andrews, and Hock.  Can't use him now, so you've got another option already. I'd see if the Henry owner got impatient.

I mean, you're right. I'm stashing him cause I missed on the 3 you mentioned and I'm kicking myself for it. 

I won't even name my TEs because I have a reputation to maintain, but every time I look at my lineup I throw up a little bit. 

Please save me Herndon! 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, CooL said:

From Weeks 6-13, I'd take Herndon over every TE outside of Kelce/Ertz/Engram/Kittle

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I mean, you're right. I'm stashing him cause I missed on the 3 you mentioned and I'm kicking myself for it. 

I won't even name my TEs because I have a reputation to maintain, but every time I look at my lineup I throw up a little bit. 

Please save me Herndon! 

For sure, I get it.  Just seems painful but in bigger leagues, you gotta do it now before somebody else jumps on him. 

1 minute ago, abc12345 said:

From Weeks 6-13, I'd take Herndon over every TE outside of Kelce/Ertz/Engram/Kittle

Really?  Over Andrews and Waller?  I guess it's only one game for them, so I could see if you are pessimistic about them.  Giving up on OJ Howard, ok, I understand.  But you'd really take Herndon over Cook, Vance, and Delanie Walker too?  Herndon's 2018: 16 games, 56 targets, 39 catches, 502 yards, 4 tds.  Not exactly earth shattering.  I may be wrong though, but lucky I don't have to worry about Herndon.  Just was curious what all the hype and optimism is.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, CooL said:

Really?  Over Andrews and Waller?  I guess it's only one game for them, so I could see if you are pessimistic about them.  Giving up on OJ Howard, ok, I understand.  But you'd really take Herndon over Cook, Vance, and Delanie Walker too?  Herndon's 2018: 16 games, 56 targets, 39 catches, 502 yards, 4 tds.  Not exactly earth shattering.  I may be wrong though, but lucky I don't have to worry about Herndon.  Just was curious what all the hype and optimism is.

1 he was a rookie not named hockenson

2 he did not play much until week 6 so this is really in 10 games

5 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

When a team has a meh qb as a starter. Then that meh qb comes down with mono, I imagine the qb behind him is super trash so I'm good on the passing offense of the jets without Darnold.

Herndon isn’t back until week 6. 

We've seen nothing saying Darnold won’t be back by then. 

Obviously I want no part of of Herndon with Siemian at QB. I’m talking about ROS value worth Darnold. 

On 9/14/2019 at 4:37 PM, CooL said:

There is no way Henry is back playing football in 4-6 weeks with the injury they are saying he has. Typically people are non weight bearing for that long or longer depending on severity.      I’d be shocked if he is back this season.   Source  MD degree

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

are we beginning to stash this guy or are the jets with a third string qb not worth the roster space?

There's apparently a good chance Darnold is back for week 5:

You probably should have been stashing him 2 weeks ago TBH.

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

are we beginning to stash this guy or are the jets with a third string qb not worth the roster space?

Darnold supposed to start practicing next week, as per Gase - said he's coming along right on schedule, expects him to be active for the Iggles game 🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, smeeze said:

There's apparently a good chance Darnold is back for week 5:

You probably should have been stashing him 2 weeks ago TBH.

why?  hes still sitting on the ww, so that would have just been wasting a roster spot.  anyway, good to see darnold is hopefully back soon....

I'm in the deepest of deep leagues and this guy is still on my wire. Even my neighbor got drafted in that league. Of course he is 250 and runs a 4.5 40. Anyways, I'm eyeing Herndon as an add maybe this week if I swing and miss on my targets. I'm envisioning him being a pretty run of the mill solid nothing special fantasy TE(which I already have one of), BUT you never know.

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm in the deepest of deep leagues and this guy is still on my wire. Even my neighbor got drafted in that league. Of course he is 250 and runs a 4.5 40. Anyways, I'm eyeing Herndon as an add maybe this week if I swing and miss on my targets. I'm envisioning him being a pretty run of the mill solid nothing special fantasy TE(which I already have one of), BUT you never know.

Cool story bro. 

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, herschel said:

why?  hes still sitting on the ww, so that would have just been wasting a roster spot.  anyway, good to see darnold is hopefully back soon....

YMMV depending on league size, # of bench spots, etc. But Herndon looked like a TE1 as a rookie last season and there doesn’t appear to be a whole lotta depth at the position this season.