NBC Sports Edge Forums

6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

3 walks is a bit of a worry. Although thats nitpicking.  That area seems to have improved from last season. Going forward, he looks like a must start.  Even on a bad night,he should get a good k/9.  

The cubs are one of the best teams at drawing a walk. I wouldn't worry much about this. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think I'm going to trade Caleb Smith and let another owner read this thread.

Get this man the respect he deserves!  Between 2018 and 2019 this is his line, which combines as a full season.   32 games 167.1 innings 3.71 ERA 1.12 Whip 198 k’s 1

Just an update, Smith pitched in a rehab game tonight.  He tied the Southern League record with 8 straight Ks!  Overall, only pitched 4.1IP, 2 solo HR, 11Ks!  While they may still have him make anothe

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

3 walks is a bit of a worry. Although thats nitpicking.  That area seems to have improved from last season. Going forward, he looks like a must start.  Even on a bad night,he should get a good k/9.  

He didn't miss by much on those walks. He consistently pounds the zone. 

• Thanks 1

At the end of the year Caleb Smith may have one of the biggest disparities all-time in regards to value in "wins leagues" versus "quality starts" leagues.

DeGrom last year, Shelby Miller back before he became awful, and Felix Hernandez a couple different seasons also come to mind as candidates.  

1 hour ago, Overlord said:

At the end of the year Caleb Smith may have one of the biggest disparities all-time in regards to value in "wins leagues" versus "quality starts" leagues.

DeGrom last year, Shelby Miller back before he became awful, and Felix Hernandez a couple different seasons also come to mind as candidates.  

He might, but he's ranked 20th overall in my standard 5x5, which obviously counts Ws and not QS. 

How high is he in QS leagues?

Currently second in swinging strike percentage behind Snell. Pitchers behind him are the usual suspects(Scherzer deGrom Cole) etc. it’s hard to fake missing bats. The only concern I’d have about him at this point is health and if he’s capable of handling the workload of a top pitcher.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

He might, but he's ranked 20th overall in my standard 5x5, which obviously counts Ws and not QS. 

He's 12th overall (second highest rated SP).

But the fact that the Marlins have managed to win three games for him seems like a miracle that won't keep happening.  

54 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

He's #1 in my league with k/9 and QS lol (2nd overall behind Yates but 1st starter)

Edited by street sharks
10 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

OK, Caleb. I sincerely apologize to you for even 'considering' as a sell-high asset.

Today's game seals the deal. There is no way I'm selling this stud unless I get a bona fide all-star, period.

You HAVE a bona fide all-star.  His name is Caleb Smith.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
If you want to fight about selling high vs. holding, do it in the strategy thread.
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

In my league he is pitcher #5 behind Ryu, Glasnow, Berrios and Paddack  - QS, SV, K, WHIP, K/BB.

He also is #5 overall pitcher in my very fun points format, behind Yates, Verl, Cole and Berrios... [Removed Cool Story]

3 hours ago, Overlord said:

Quintana was -16 W-QS in 2015. Largest disparity I can recall. 

Wait, no, DeGrom last year was -18. That will never be topped. 

Edited by sleepysock
43 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

I’m surprised there’s no chatter about his start today.  The dude has been great so far this season. Yes the wins will be hard to come by but I’ll take the solid Ks and ratios. He’s a stud. 

He’s a legit ace.  Sadly some loser named Berti?  Was leading off tonight.  The lineup the Marlins toss out nightly would be mid pack in PCL, it’s that bad. Smith deserves better.  He’ll run into wins as season goes along but in QS leagues he’ll likely be more valuable for this season.

Edited by Cmilne23
4 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s a legit ace.  Sadly some loser named Berti?  Was leading off tonight.  The lineup the Marlins toss out nightly would be mid pack in PCL, it’s that bad. Smith deserves better.  He’ll run into wins as season goes along but in QS leagues he’ll likely be more valuable for this season.

Maybe they’ll trade him