NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jared Cook 2019 Outlook

So, which is it:

1 hour ago, warpster said:

i would settle for a third round pick for cook by the way, but i'd try to get more!

10 minutes ago, warpster said:

i wouldn't give away a 3rd rounder for him.

Your value bases are in complete contradiction with each other.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I drafted him and I have no idea what to expect tonight. 

I love Cook in 2019. We talk about situation all the time, and here you have a TE who put up 900/6 in 2018 with David Carr in Oakland. Now he’s playing with Drew Brees, in a high powered offense

Cook looked like a legit #2 passing option in that admittedly horrible offense last week.  Even with Thomas getting his usual workload Cook saw 10 targets. He was solid and with better redzone opportu

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, warpster said:

i wouldn't give away a 3rd rounder for him.

You might  trade your 3:12 if your current TEs are DGoedert and GEverett, and you have 3 other rookie picks in the top 19. *see sig

It's all about relativity and perspective.

Edited by FollowTheLeader
10 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Your value bases are in complete contradiction with each other.

no, i said i'd give him away to get a 3rd (which wasn't very clear, true) but that i would not give a 3rd to get him

Edited by warpster
8 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

You might if your current TEs are DGoedert and GEverett, and you have 3 other rookie picks in the top 19.

i'd try to get someone better, paying more of course. i don't think a 3rd is good value for cook and you have no need to panic and overspend in march.

wait until closer to the draft, picks are generally more valuable just before, cos everybody likes to participate.

but of course if you really like him go for it!

7 minutes ago, warpster said:

i'd try to get someone better, paying more of course. i don't think a 3rd is good value for cook and you have no need to panic and overspend in march.

wait until closer to the draft, picks are generally more valuable just before, cos everybody likes to participate.

but of course if you really like him go for it!

No panic here, and the thought is: I pay the 3:12 for Cook, and I have no need to spend an earlier rookie pick on one of the elite rookie TEs (which struggle to score year 1 anyway.) *I already struck out on trying to trade for Ertz and Kittle using my 14th overall pick. Kelce would cost even more.

Absolutely zero FA TEs worth a darn available in my league. If something/someone pops up during the season, maybe I can make a play...

ps: I trade...a lot! Check out the "Completed Trades" thread, I think I have the last 3 posts :P

Ok, enough about me, I'll show myself to the door.

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Earlier you stated:

So, it really sounds as if we are saying the same thing. *see other FTL posts

Well, to me, 55-620-3 was the "C" option..  I think he'll do better than that so I B'd.   Still, close enough.  

So the thread is definitely pessimistic on him, mostly.   I have to think that TE strategy in 2019 mirrors the common discussions I saw last year.  Everyone had a clear top 3, and many people didn't see a difference at all in the TE's going after those.  Why take the 4th TE when he's likely just as good as the 10th or 11th?

The season kind of proved that to be a savvy decision.  Outside of Kittle, all the 2nd tier TE's didn't really differentiate positively.   This year, swap Gronk for Kittle, and its probably the same thing.    

5 minutes ago, BrianM said:

So the thread is definitely pessimistic on him, mostly.   I have to think that TE strategy in 2019 mirrors the common discussions I saw last year.  Everyone had a clear top 3, and many people didn't see a difference at all in the TE's going after those.  Why take the 4th TE when he's likely just as good as the 10th or 11th?

The season kind of proved that to be a savvy decision.  Outside of Kittle, all the 2nd tier TE's didn't really differentiate positively.   This year, swap Gronk for Kittle, and its probably the same thing.    

This is pretty much every single year at TE.

22 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Report was he was interested in NE but didn’t sign because of a fear over playing time. If his deal isn’t official yet does anyone think there’s a chance he changes course now that Gronk retired?

Martellus Bennet is coming out of retirement now. . . just u wait and see😜

21 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The news of his desire to play with his brother is weeks old.

Hence the point of the post. . . . but you do know that you lose the effect by stating the obvious of what was stated to be obvious .😜

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

Hence the point of the post. . . . but you do know that you lose the effect by stating the obvious of what was stated to be obvious .😜

Nothing to lose, because nothing was gained in the post I quoted 

On 3/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, dmb3684 said:

This is pretty much every single year at TE.

Ehh, I've felt like the depth has been a lot better 3-4 years ago, but there was only a short window where we really had a lot of em to choose from

16 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Ehh, I've felt like the depth has been a lot better 3-4 years ago, but there was only a short window where we really had a lot of em to choose from

The only TE's I'd feel VERY good about having as my starter would be Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Henry, OJ Howard, Ebron, Engram and Cook (if he signs with NO or NE). 

Maybe Njoku but he doesn't give me a huge amount of confidence with all of Cleveland's weapons and how they seem to spread the ball around

Howard, Ebron, and Engram were streaky last season, even with Ebron scoring a bunch of TD's. Like usual at the TE position there are only 3-4 legitimate guys and then a whole bunch in the next tier.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, devaster said:

Howard, Ebron, and Engram were streaky last season, even with Ebron scoring a bunch of TD's. Like usual at the TE position there are only 3-4 legitimate guys and then a whole bunch in the next tier.

Agreed but I do expect an improvement for both Engram (due to OBJ and his huge target share gone) and Howard (due to both DJax and Humphries being gone).  Ebron will still be streaky, I really only like him in best ball.

21 hours ago, BrianM said:

Which years? It seems like there are 2-3 studs then a bunch of crapshoot every year.

19 hours ago, dschddny said:

Agreed but I do expect an improvement for both Engram (due to OBJ and his huge target share gone) and Howard (due to both DJax and Humphries being gone).  Ebron will still be streaky, I really only like him in best ball.

I like Howard if his ADP isn't too high

19 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Which years? It seems like there are 2-3 studs then a bunch of crapshoot every year.

2011-2013 seemed to have better second tiers based on what I'm looking at  (I use FF Today for historical data).     But yeah, that's a brief period.    Maybe this good draft class will give us a few more guys that can consistently put up 10 ppg or more.   

Personally I feel worse about 2019's group than I do 2018's.    I'm gonna start a TE strategy thread, i want to expand on this a bit, but its off topic here.   

21 hours ago, dschddny said:

Engram+tate+Sterling+Barkley all competing for the short to intermediary pass from Eli. . . hard pass.

Maybe just maybe Engram become a red zone hog and makes his points with TD's