NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jared Cook 2019 Outlook

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I drafted him and I have no idea what to expect tonight. 

I love Cook in 2019. We talk about situation all the time, and here you have a TE who put up 900/6 in 2018 with David Carr in Oakland. Now he’s playing with Drew Brees, in a high powered offense

Cook looked like a legit #2 passing option in that admittedly horrible offense last week.  Even with Thomas getting his usual workload Cook saw 10 targets. He was solid and with better redzone opportu

Posted Images

If you drop you know he's gonna post that 6 for 7 for 97 yards and a TD game.  I'm hoping a week of practice with Teddy will help them get on the same page.  He's getting looks.  But if he does have a big game I'll definitely be shopping him.  There's just nothing else out there in the TE wasteland right now to give up on him just yet.  

He may put up a good game or 2 but mostly this TE sucks. Did anyone else see the LA game? Can't separate for squat, can't fight for contested balls, hands of stone. He's this close to being cut from my team even though the FA options suck (Fant, Higbee etc). 

• 3 weeks later...

The Saints want him more involved, so we'll see. He's had 6 targets in each of the last two weeks and had 7 targets in week 2. The more comfortable Bridgewater has gotten in the offense, the better the offense has run and the more productive Cook has been. Jacksonville looks to be a tough matchup, but I do think he'll get 6+ targets again. The thing that we know about the Saints, other than TB getting more comfy in the offense, is that they want/need someone besides Kamara and Thomas to step up as consistent pass-catchers.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

The Saints want him more involved, so we'll see. He's had 6 targets in each of the last two weeks and had 7 targets in week 2. The more comfortable Bridgewater has gotten in the offense, the better the offense has run and the more productive Cook has been. Jacksonville looks to be a tough matchup, but I do think he'll get 6+ targets again. The thing that we know about the Saints, other than TB getting more comfy in the offense, is that they want/need someone besides Kamara and Thomas to step up as consistent pass-catchers.

What's your source on this?  Or are you speculating?  

19 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

What's your source on this?  Or are you speculating?  

They talked about it during the NOLA-TB broadcast. I've read snippets here and there as a Saints fan about Payton wanting Cook more involved (could just be coach speak). So I guess it's speculation based on what I've heard and read over the last couple of weeks. 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

They talked about it during the NOLA-TB broadcast. I've read snippets here and there as a Saints fan about Payton wanting Cook more involved (could just be coach speak). So I guess it's speculation based on what I've heard and read over the last couple of weeks. 

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm hoping this pans out as he was my backup choice if I got outbid for everett, which I did. My reasoning for him as my backup plan was the consistent targets (ranked 12th in TEs) and thinking that him and bridgewater are getting more comfortable together in the offense. I just need him for waller's bye week, so anything over 5pts considering the circumstances would be nice.

I also have to resort to Cook after OJ/Herndon have let me down.

Things I like...
24 targets, good for 12th in the league
He lit it up in their camp this past summer
Bridgewater getting comfortable
Cook didn't panic the first few games. I read an article that he was confident things would turn around and he still written goals he's striving to accomplish. Nice veteran belief

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1
Just now, fillypkno3 said:

Does anyone know why he is out? Will this be long term? I only kept him for a juicy matchup next week vs the cardinals who are giving up alot of points vs TE

Injury report just says "ankle":

1 minute ago, fillypkno3 said:

Does anyone know why he is out? Will this be long term? I only kept him for a juicy matchup next week vs the cardinals who are giving up alot of points vs TE

Ankle injury. Not sure on the extent of the injury but he hasn't practiced all week.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the issue with Cook, when healthy, is that Ginn is sort of like that safety valve TE for the Saints. When you watch the routes it is very similar to Cook so in essence NO has 2 TE both capable.

Mark my words, Cook or Ginn will be big in the next 3 weeks with Brees back and the schedule so soft, it might float away