NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jared Cook 2019 Outlook

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I drafted him and I have no idea what to expect tonight. 

I love Cook in 2019. We talk about situation all the time, and here you have a TE who put up 900/6 in 2018 with David Carr in Oakland. Now he’s playing with Drew Brees, in a high powered offense

Cook looked like a legit #2 passing option in that admittedly horrible offense last week.  Even with Thomas getting his usual workload Cook saw 10 targets. He was solid and with better redzone opportu

Posted Images

by RotoWire Staff
(33 mins ago) Cook (ankle) was a full participant in Wednesday's practice, Luke Johnson of The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Cook missed New Orleans' last two contests, but he appears to have managed a full recovery during the team's bye. The veteran tight ends stands to retake his starting role versus the Falcons on Sunday. Given that Cook has yet to surpass 50 receiving yards in a game this season, and has only scored twice, he won't be easy to trust for fantasy purposes despite a favorable matchup.

Jared Cook has played one full game with Brees and people are throwing Cook to the scrap heap  when he's playing for an offense that was #3 in scoring when Brees was under center for a full season?

Cook all day for free.

• Like 2
On 11/6/2019 at 6:20 PM, nonstopfan said:

Jared Cook has played one full game with Brees and people are throwing Cook to the scrap heap  when he's playing for an offense that was #3 in scoring when Brees was under center for a full season?

Cook all day for free.

Yeah and this team doesn't have much outside of Thomas and Kamara.

3 minutes ago, affliction said:

Ginn is done and Murray isn't used much in the passing game with Kamara healthy.

Look at week one stats with Brees there and tell me Ginn is done.  Murray doesn't have to do much in the passing game with Kamara healthy.  He assumes the Ingram role which was pretty productive.  

11 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Look at week one stats with Brees there and tell me Ginn is done.  Murray doesn't have to do much in the passing game with Kamara healthy.  He assumes the Ingram role which was pretty productive.  

Great sample size on Ginn.

And we are talking about the passing game here.

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Great sample size on Ginn.

And we are talking about the passing game here.

What's Cooks sample size?  

Look just tempering expectations on Cook.  There are a lot of mouths and Brees spreads it around quite a bit.

With that said now convince me to pick up Cooks please.  😁

5 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

What's Cooks sample size?  

Look just tempering expectations on Cook.  There are a lot of mouths and Brees spreads it around quite a bit.

With that said now convince me to pick up Cooks please.  😁

The argument for Cook is simply that he was being drafted as a mid-back end te starter with the expectation that he would be playing with Brees. He only got in one game before Brees broke so we really don’t have much to go on to say that he won’t still be that. And he’s free or was free in most leagues. 

Just now, Bmore86 said:

The argument for Cook is simply that he was being drafted as a mid-back end te starter with the expectation that he would be playing with Brees. He only got in one game before Brees broke so we really don’t have much to go on to say that he won’t still be that. And he’s free or was free in most leagues. 

Yes and I'm considering picking him up only because of Brees being his QB.  If he's available I may make the switch with Engram being out.  

21 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

who feels comfortable starting Cook this week?

I think everyone outside 4-5 tes are a crap shoot. Cook, Rudolph, gisicki, Howard, Smith, Doyle, Ebron... you just hope you pick the right match up.

i will say I think cook is being a bit overlooked. Has a great match up, brees is back and there should be plenty of redzone opportunities. The only problem is Thomas and kamara are way ahead and almost the only redzone options. I have kittle and really no clue what to do. Haven’t needed to look at TEs til now

21 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

who feels comfortable starting Cook this week?

I know its been said over and over again, but with Cook seemingly 100% healthy, Brees back and this game set as the second highest point total of the week (51.5), I really like Cook.

Edited by nonstopfan

Cook was decent. I thought his floor would be pretty solid, around 8 pts in half-ppr, and he put up 10 last week. 

There were other higher ceiling options on the wire like Mcallister, but Cook put up 10 pts in a bad offensive week, and now has TB, so he could be usable again. 

Anybody watch the game? Was he more of a safety valve for Brees or was he sometimes looking for Cook as a first or second read? 

7 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Cook was decent. I thought his floor would be pretty solid, around 8 pts in half-ppr, and he put up 10 last week. 

There were other higher ceiling options on the wire like Mcallister, but Cook put up 10 pts in a bad offensive week, and now has TB, so he could be usable again. 

Anybody watch the game? Was he more of a safety valve for Brees or was he sometimes looking for Cook as a first or second read? 

I wouldn't put much stock into last weekend's game.

The Falcons had a bye week to prepare for a hated rival and their defense played way above their heads.  Brees and Kamara both looked rusty coming back.

What you like this week is another week of practice under Brees's belt, the Bucs lack of wherewithal covering the TE, their generally strong run defense, and Lattimore probably being out yielding a possible shootout.

What's murky is how much they lean on Thomas.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Cook looked like a legit #2 passing option in that admittedly horrible offense last week.  Even with Thomas getting his usual workload Cook saw 10 targets. He was solid and with better redzone opportunities he's seems to have a very decent floor for a TE and I would think will get some endzone work if the Saints can get close there this week, which hopefully they will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1