NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jared Cook 2019 Outlook

PizzaBeerFF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still can't find any legit news on Cook since he left the game yesterday. I'm hoping against hope that he can move through the protocol quickly but as of right now, I'm not expecting to have him in the lineup next week. 

For Cook owners who are still alive, this really stings, especially in a year with such a thin TE crop. He was the #1 TE in the league in the five game stretch since he and Brees have been back together, with a line of 19/355/4. To say that those numbers from a TE are irreplaceable at this point in the year would be one heck of an understatement.

I have Njoku as a backup plan. Needless to say, it is a backup plan that I am not thrilled about. 

I haven't seen much of anything on Cook's status. 

Jared Cook concussion update

Cook (concussion) was hit in the head on the second of his touchdown catches last Sunday and didn't return to action. Payton said of Cook on Monday: "He had outstanding touchdowns last night. I don't know if he remembers them." There hasn't yet been word of Cook clearing concussion protocol yet, so until that happens, his status for Monday night's game against the Colts is in doubt.

If Cook sits out, Josh Hill will be the starter at TE while Taysom Hill will also get more action at that position. If you're a Cook owner who'd like to play him this week, Josh Hill is an adequate fill-in that you can stash now and make the swap Monday night if needed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Pickem said:

Here’s the problem if he’s not cleared by Sunday we have to role with somebody else Sunday [...]

With concussions, we've generally been getting word a day in advance about whether protocol has been cleared. I expect word on Cook to be handed down Sunday, hopefully before any games kickoff.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Wow - unsung hero over the last two weeks.

He is a perfect fit w/this offense. Here's to hoping he sticks around in NOLA a while.

He's always been a talent - looks like he found a home. Just has to stay healthy.

Too many owners in fantasy this season gave up on him too soon. Definitely my waiver wire pick up of the year. Once Brees came back from his injury, Jared Cook has seen his season take off.

• Like 2