NBC Sports Edge Forums

Duke Johnson 2019 Outlook

Watson has never been a QB who likes to check down.

BOB is just a terrible GM and has no idea the value of draft picks or how to properly build a team around your star players strengths.

That said...Watson holds the ball way too long and takes a ton of punishment. He's either gonna learn to start checking down(not happening) or is going to wind up on IR again. If that happens maybe McCarron is the answer to Duke's woes, at least in PPR formats.

I think he's worth holding one more week in all 12+ team leagues.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I flipped him the bird before I cut him. That count?

Season can’t start soon enuf. Seems like every 3 pages the discussion starts over with this type of comment. Rinse. Repeat. Start over. 

A possible projection for Duke... --In 2018, Miller had 210 carries over 14 games (15 carries per game). --Backup Alfred Blue (nobody's idea of a solid NFL RB) had 150 carries. He had 24 in the tw

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It's not as much us being wrong vs. the Texans being incompetent with their draft picks and offensive style. 

It's a combination- sure. But what a bad fit.

So were the Brown's incompetent as well? Because they didn't believe Johnson could be an every down / bell cow back either. 

7 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

So were the Brown's incompetent as well? Because they didn't believe Johnson could be an every down / bell cow back either. 

The Browns  actually used him in the passing game. Houston literally threw away a 3rd round pick for a player they either had no plan for at all, or didn’t realize he wouldn’t fit their own system...

1 minute ago, Hero202 said:

The Browns  actually used him in the passing game. Houston literally threw away a 3rd round pick for a player they either had no plan for at all, or didn’t realize he wouldn’t fit their own system...

Their GM should've at least consulted with the coach to see if Duke was a good fit... <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Definitely have seen enough, time to drop. We have a pass catching running back on a team with a QB who does not check down. We have Hyde already taking all the early down work, and even if Hyde goes down now we may have CJA to deal with. The entire HOU backfield is a complete avoid situation.

On 9/16/2019 at 6:32 PM, KennyWoo said:

Another one of these players who used to be the darlings of the "Zero RB" crowd.  Funny those guys aren't around much any more (because they lost all their money drafting players like Duke Johnson, probably).

yep, tumbleweeds around here lmao

I got Duke from free agent pool. I have to admit, I was seriously wrong about the situation. Obviously, I should have listened to people that said Deshaun doesn't dump it off. Duke's usage looks far more terrible than it was at his end of days in Cleveland. I'm definitely not a zero RB guy though. It's my priority to get a RB in the 1st or 2nd rd. I figured Duke would at least get some nice third down work, but was hoping for a 60/40 at least. Hell, even a 50/50. Who blows a 3rd rd pick and then not use the guy you acquired for it? Houston, that's who.

This guy is still 74% owned in ESPN leagues.  I find that remarkable.  Hard to hold this guy in a 12-teamer IMO.  I'd much rather own an upside guy like Mattison, Pollard, Penny, Justin Jackson (until Gordon reports) etc. at this point.  Duke's role hasn't materialized.  Against LAC they couldn't run the ball at all and you would have thought that would be the game to use Duke in space.  He got basically nothing.

16 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This guy is still 74% owned in ESPN leagues.  I find that remarkable.  Hard to hold this guy in a 12-teamer IMO.  I'd much rather own an upside guy like Mattison, Pollard, Penny, Justin Jackson (until Gordon reports) etc. at this point.  Duke's role hasn't materialized.  Against LAC they couldn't run the ball at all and you would have thought that would be the game to use Duke in space.  He got basically nothing.

Standard leagues no idea why he isnt dropped yet, PPR i can see waiting one more week or two

3 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

tenor.gif

To hop on this gif train....I dropped Duke from my team a few days ago. Before doing so, he asked if he could stay and would improve his performance. I just looked at him like:

tenor.gif?itemid=8001052

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

You can't ever really trust ownership rates because there are a lot of "dead" owners (or even dead leagues) where guys will stay owned simply because they were drafted and the owner never changed the lineup.

• Like 2