NBC Sports Edge Forums

Calvin Ridley 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I've watched every game and even I don't know. When Hooper and Sanu are leading the team there are issues. The offensive play-calling is atrocious.

I'm assuming Ryan is dumping passes underneath?

Julio isn't doing his thing either

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's not change what is working for Ridley.

alright i'll keep him benched for you guys

It's also been noted earlier in the thread that the Falcons have 13 indoor games this season. Historically, Matt Ryan has been much better indoors. Part of that may be at least half his games in a sea

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Yeah, Ryan is being heavily pressured and just taking what the defense is giving him. But it doesn't even look like they are trying to get the ball to Ridley. At some point you have to get the ball to your playmakers. Run them underneath and let them make plays. I've seen none of that.

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, Ryan is being heavily pressured and just taking what the defense is giving him. But it doesn't even look like they are trying to get the ball to Ridley. At some point you have to get the ball to your playmakers. Run them underneath and let them make plays. I've seen none of that.

It just doesn’t seem to me like Ridley or Jones ever run quick timing routes for RAC. Everything is downfield & they seem lazy running those routes. If they can’t get separation nothing is gonna happen because Ryan has the arm strength of Brady or Manning, not Elway or Marino

• Like 1

This team sucks and their coach sucks. Very simple. I don’t think any owner would want to set the precedent of firing a coach after losing the Super Bowl but it was so egregiously bad that maybe Arthur Blank should have. It’s becoming pretty clear that Kyle Shanahan really got the best out of Ryan and made this offense go. No knock on Ryan either he’s had a very good career but massive underachieving so far this year.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

His zone defense comments and that the falcons don't have time to let routes develop. They don't have a run game to keep defenses honest so their dbs will play back all year long

Is Freeman washed up or is the line just garbage?

10 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

Freeman got paid. He got no reason to be in top shape and give his all. His team ain’t maki g the playoffs. He’s just going through the motions.

Calvin Ridley is not a legit offensive threat. They’re are probably 15-20 players on the waiver wire that are simmilar to Calvin Ridley. 

12 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Line is garbage. Think Freeman still has juice in the receiving game but he's not like the beast he used to be 

The line isn’t great but Freeman just isn’t very good either. He makes a lot of moves & goes nowhere. I can’t remember how many times I’ve seen him trip over his own feet trying to make moves

3 hours ago, raidaz18 said:

Im always watching Redzone during games, so its hard to really know what's going on just looking at box scores. I find these videos incredibly helpful every week to see what was going on during the game. Ive seen worse lines, Ryan freaks out too much sometimes and hurries passes he doesn't always have to. Ridley not getting much separation certainly doesn't help. Sanu is actually on our waivers but I dunno. We know what he does and what his ceiling is, Ridley is the more dynamic playmaker but he's just not getting open. Im guessing his hip injury is bothering him and he's not 100%

Edited by Dexter75
3 hours ago, Jvanspro said:

Everyone is so down on this guy.  So I just traded for him.  I like his prospects moving forward, [...]

You obviously haven’t been watching. You wouldn’t be so optimistic if you were

• Like 1
4 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Actually quite the opposite.  This is as low as his price will get, I tend to try to predict future results not look at past results.

i think he has really good value moving forward.

• Haha 1

I don’t think he’s necessarily a bad buy low depending on cost but it’s depressing how low his floor is. He’ll have some good games and probably plenty more of these massive stinkers. forced to start him again due to byes so I’m praying he goes big this week even though nobody believes in him anymore 

9 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

[...] Ridley is at worst flex viable with WR2 upside everyweek.  This move was an upgrade to my team overall.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
3 hours ago, owenmills said:

I don’t think he’s necessarily a bad buy low depending on cost but it’s depressing how low his floor is. He’ll have some good games and probably plenty more of these massive stinkers. forced to start him again due to byes so I’m praying he goes big this week even though nobody believes in him anymore 

Me too.