NBC Sports Edge Forums

Calvin Ridley 2019 Outlook

34 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Dropping him was never the answer. Especially as a WR that was coming into the week top 25 at the position unless you were in a really shallow league. That was a terrible call as mentioned by my clear lack of understanding and wondering who people were dropping him for if they were. 

Certainly wasn't after the fact, but you seem to be taking it well. 

I never dropped him. In fact, I had to start him because Adams was on a bye and it was Conleys first game back along with Foles. Doesn’t change the fact he’s been complete crap the last month and he’s totally unreliable.

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's not change what is working for Ridley.

alright i'll keep him benched for you guys

It's also been noted earlier in the thread that the Falcons have 13 indoor games this season. Historically, Matt Ryan has been much better indoors. Part of that may be at least half his games in a sea

Posted Images

Wouldn’t surprise me if the falcons went 4-1 down the home stretch. Team looks completely different since they got rid of that locker room cancer Sanu. I’m flexing Calvin from gear on out most likely, looks like he’s finally being trusted and made some good plays today 

• Haha 1
On 11/7/2019 at 11:46 AM, ludawg23 said:

Look at his splits when he gets more than 8 targets per game - dude just balls out and now no Sanu and they will always be playing catch-up.  

Blurb from RW article:

Continue to fire up Jones as a no-doubt WR1, while Ridley can probably be approached as more of an upside WR2 moving forward. Overall, the talented second-year WR has posted 8-93-1, 8-105-1, 6-71-1, 5-88-1 and 7-146-3 lines in five career games with at least eight targets.

Add this week's 8-143-1 line to the tally. It's crazy that he's never failed to produce when given that level of volume. Hooper or no Hooper, TB is a PLUS matchup. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

hooper back this week. it was fun for 1 week, but back to being an afterthought

Dear lord you people are negative. First off, I'll believe Hooper is back when I see it. Their coach said he 'has a chance' to suit up for practice Thursday. He's already been ruled out of practice Wednesday which is two days away. I'd say it doesn't sound like he's super close to being ready to but time will tell I guess.

Second off, good god man just let yourself enjoy the Ridley explosion for a minute. He can still put up number whenever Hooper finally gets back on the field. 

21 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

hooper back this week. it was fun for 1 week, but back to being an afterthought

Are you insane?  No chance Hooper plays this week.  Suiting up for practice doesn’t come close to playing.  Remember, Barkley was practicing 2-3 weeks before actually playing.  Same thing with Mahomes.

I just acquired him last week (for JuJu), so he is firmly in my circle of trust and I know none of the early season angst that most of you in here have dealt with.

This week could not look much better either, my body is ready.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

This is the Ridley test tonight. Could be a small glimpse of the offense going forward without Julio.

I haven’t watched a ton of Falcons since the SB meltdown, but Ryan looks like he has fallen off a cliff. His ball is hideous nowadays, and it could definitely affect the next several years of Ridley’s career if they don’t move on from him soon enough. I think a better OC could mitigate the decline, but holy moly it looks so bad and so stark in contrast to Ryan several years ago, or even last year in the few full games of his I watched. Maybe he is injured?

Edited by LostAtSea

Calvin Ridley has played 28 career games.
He's received 8 or more targets in 8 of 28 games (28.6%).
He's had a good game in all 8 of those 8-target games (100%).

image.png.7c2c1890bfe8610ae5f780b1d9c2883e.png

Obviously the more targets a WR gets, the better chance he has to have a good game. But I think the fact that Ridley has always had a good game in this situation, multiple times, shows that it makes sense for ATL to make a legit effort to target Ridley more.