NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Aren't bold predictions just sweetstats about guys that you drafted and bum stats about dude's you didn't? 

I'm usually the opposite because I don't want to jinx the players I drafted

Edited by pbjfb
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tracy Wolfson divorces her loser husband and hooks up with a winner like me.

I know! It’s almost like he wrote that in a bold prediction thread!

My fantasy season isn't crashing and burning by week 6. That's probably too bold. 

Meh’s Predictions (Which may or not be bold):

1. Saquon exceeds 20 combined TDs 

2. Damien Williams finishes as RB2 overall on a per game basis

3. David Johnson is plagued again by ineffective QB and o-line play to finish outside of the top 10 running backs

4. Kerryon Johnson finishes outside of the top 20 running backs

5. JuJu finishes as the WR1 overall 

6. Matt Breida finishes as a top 10 RB

7. Robby Anderson exceeds 1100 yards receiving 

8. Jameis Winston finishes as a top 5 QB

9. Darren Waller finishes as a top 8 tight end

10. Josh Allen finishes as a top 10 QB

• Haha 1

Time to throw a few out there: 

1. Russell Wilson will outscore DeShaun Watson: Doesn’t feel too bold to me, but ADP suggests it is. Wilson dropped from QB1 to QB9ish and everyone is expecting regression downward due to a high TD rate, but I think he will regress upward with far more volume. Meanwhile, Watson was #5 and is 2nd or 3rd off the board. He was sacked 60+ times and had to travel on the ground by the end of the season. Hopkins didn’t drop a pass all year. They could start 1-5 with a horrific schedule and Vegas has them underdogs to break .500 after an 11 win season. I think the fantasy community has whiffed on the QB that is most likely to regress downward. I think Watson is the biggest risk at QB due to the penchant for taking sacks (Tunsil won’t fix this immediately) and he’s being taken high enough that it makes little sense to back him up. 

2. Will Dissly is a top ten TE. In keeping with the prior prediction, I think here is a completely ignored guy who shouldn’t be ignored. As a rookie, he was the darling of the waiver wire last September after 2 3-5-1 (R-T-TD) games last year. He got hurt and everyone now has amnesia on him. A rookie TE getting that type of production in games 1 and 2 is highly rare. They are going to play a lot of 2 TE sets. He’s healthy and they cut Hollister today. Someone is going to get the volume and I think both Dissly and Vannett are going to step up this year, but let’s start with Dissly based on his start last season. 

3. Adam Humphries will outscore Chris Godwin. Again, ADP says this is highly bold but it was entirely the case last season in the second half. For a player that completely whiffed in the fantasy playoffs last year, Godwin is getting an incredible amount of hype. I’m not buying it at all and see him as a massive bust. 

4. Kerryon Johnson and James White will be outside the top 36 RB. Johnson in the 2nd round feels crazy to me. White benefitted a lot from Burkhead being out and now Michel is eating into his role. Both guys are DND for me. 

Godwin 95-1150-6   Adam Humphries barely got used the first 3 games and is a much worse player and got 76-815-5. Godwin is a much better player and now has a much better offensive mind. Evans keeps the defense honest and they're gonna pass a lot. (Don't own)

Mark Andrews is the 3rd most valuable TE behind Kelce and Kittle (2 leagues)

Devin Singletary flops, they turn to TJ Yeldon who puts up top 24 value in PPR in a 60-40 timeshare with Gore. (no shares of any Bills RB)

Kyler is the 2nd most valuable QB in 4pt passing td behind Mahomes. The arm talent and mobility are immense, we've seen talented mobile rookie QB's light up the league from the start before (Rg3/Cam) (1 league)

One of the top 4 RB's gets injured, paving the way for Chris Carson to have a top 4 finish at the position in ppr. He's very talented, continually improving and will have an increased role both on the ground and in the air. Will end up in a 80-20 share with Penny. (1 league)

Mark Ingram gets injured around the halfway point, paving the way for Justice Hill to win championships down the stretch putting up top 10 numbers at the position in .5 ppr. (no shares of any Baltimore RB)

Amari Cooper barely plays and when he does is limited, Michael Gallup puts up top 15 ppr numbers at the position. Amari Cooper doesn't get the contract he wants and leaves in free agency, the Cowboys draft a WR in the first two rounds next year to be the 1b to Gallup's 1a. (no shares of either)

Mecole Hardman becomes a top 15 WR

Alexander Mattison becomes a top 12 RB

Mahomes makes history and puts up consecutive 50+ burgers to win back to back MVP by throwing 60! TDs...boldddd

JJ Arcega-Whiteside gets double digit TDs

Justin Jackson rushes for over 1,000 yards...

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1

MY 10 BOLD PREDICTIONS:

Chris Carson finishes as a top 5 RB for the season.

Cooper Kupp is the tops Rams WR and finishes as a top 10 WR for the season

DeDe Westbrook finishes the season with at least 90 receptions

Christian Kirk goes for 80-1,000-7

Austin Ekeler finishes as a top 12 RB for the season

James Washington becomes a fantasy star 70-1,100-10

Darren Waller finishes as a top 5 TE for the season

Matt Breida is the best SF RB and finishes as a top 15 RB for the season

Kerryon Johnson goes for 260-1,300-7 / 60-450-3

Tony Pollard puts up RB 1 numbers during any games Zeke misses, and is still a solid RB3 fringe RB2 even after Zeke comes back. 

• Like 2

1. Chris Carson missed 4 total games to injury, neither he nor Penny crack the top 10.

2. Hunter Henry is the TE3 at the end of the year.

3. Le'veon Bell is the RB 6 at the end of the year.

4. Josh Gordon goes for 1,000/7.

5. Josh Jacobs finishes as the RB8.

Marquise Goodwin finishes as a WR2- Was a 5th/6th rd pick at this time last year.  Jimmy G's favorite WR.

Justice Hill emerges close to what Kamara did in '17.  

Will Dissly finishes as top 10 TE- Someone needs to step up after Lockett for targets

Larry Fitzgerald finishes top 20 WR- This offense will have a lot of completed passes.  

Zach Ertz finishes outside top 5 TE-  Unlike last year, too many options for Wentz to throw to

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Kyler Murray sets record for fantasy points by a rookie QB 

I'm starting to think this is very likely to happen. He's never getting benched no matter how ugly it gets. They are going to always be playing from behind so he will put up stats in all 4 quarters. Not to mention he has skills.

15 minutes ago, jvmillion83 said:

Marquise Goodwin finishes as a WR2- Was a 5th/6th rd pick at this time last year.  Jimmy G's favorite WR.

Justice Hill emerges close to what Kamara did in '17.  

Will Dissly finishes as top 10 TE- Someone needs to step up after Lockett for targets

Larry Fitzgerald finishes top 20 WR- This offense will have a lot of completed passes.  

Zach Ertz finishes outside top 5 TE-  Unlike last year, too many options for Wentz to throw to

I like all of these. The Hill one is a little high but he should do better than his ADP. Like the rest

1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

I like all of these. The Hill one is a little high but he should do better than his ADP. Like the rest

Yeah I don't think he'll top what Kamara did but this situation seems so similar to the Saints one a few years ago.  Hill is that preseason guy, no matter his current role, just draft him on your roster and watch it all play out.  I think this is one very late round pick that people might regret passing on  His skill set fits the offense the best and this offense can make two rbs relevant.  

31 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I'm starting to think this is very likely to happen. He's never getting benched no matter how ugly it gets. They are going to always be playing from behind so he will put up stats in all 4 quarters. Not to mention he has skills.

His passing numbers will finish solidly in QB1 range.  His rushing totals alone will put him close to an RB2.  If I had to guess numbers, 4000 yards, 26 TDs, 800 rush yards, 6 TDs.  

22 minutes ago, Chardo said:

His passing numbers will finish solidly in QB1 range.  His rushing totals alone will put him close to an RB2.  If I had to guess numbers, 4000 yards, 26 TDs, 800 rush yards, 6 TDs.  

That's within the range of outcomes. I'm terrified about their offensive line. There could be a lot of turnovers included in those numbers. They play against Rams and Niners twice. Both have scary pass rushers. The Hawks have Clowney now so that's scary. I'm optimistic and scared at the same time. It's also possible this offense just doesn't work or takes a while to get going.

I think you have to take a solid second QB if you go with Murray.

Team by team, not sure how bold any of these are, but I have one prediction for every team:

Miami Dolphins - Devante Parker sets career highs in Receptions, Yards, and Touchdowns en route to a top 20 WR finish.

New York Jets - a surprising amount of offensive weapons, Sam Darnold flirts with top 10 QB value while leading the team to the playoffs as a Wild Card.

Buffalo Bills - new year, same story, as the Bills fail to support a single offensive player being top 25 in his position after a mid-season Josh Allen injury.

New England Patriots - Tom Brady has his highest QB Rating since 2007.  The stats are not as high, but the efficiency will reach record highs as he throws less than 7 INT.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Fournette will finish better than RB5, as he leads the NFL in touches and rushing yards, en route to a Wild Card berth.

Tennessee Titans - Derrick Henry turns back into a pumpkin, and fails to rush for 1,000 yards.

Indianapolis Colts - Jacoby Brisset finishes top 14 QB, as their offense does not miss a beat, but they fail to make the playoffs despite a winning record.

Houston Texans - the #1 Seed in the AFC, with the #1 Overall QB, Deshaun Watson.

Baltimore Ravens - Leads the NFL in Rushing en route to a Division Title, without a single player in the top 20 at their position and no WR with more than 750 yards receiving.

Cincinatti Bengals- Undrafted rookie Damion Willis has the 2nd most receiving yards of the rookie class, behind only Deebo Samuel.

Pittsburgh Steelers - James Washington rebounds from last year's unmitigated disaster season with 1,000 yards and leads the NFL in Yards per Reception.

Cleveland Browns - Beckham Jr. ends season with career highs in Receptions and Yards, and ends the season as the WR1.

Denver Broncos - the surprise of the AFC, going 12-4, and winning the West.  Emmanuel Sanders wins Comeback Player of the Year and ends year as WR10.

Kansas City Chiefs - Damien Williams finishes the year with less than 130 touches, and finishes the year outside the top 30 RB.

San Diego Chargers - Phillip Rivers sets new career highs in Passing Yards and Touchdowns, but fails to make the playoffs as the loss of Derwin James cripples the D.

Oakland Raiders - Not bold, but Antonio Brown melts down before Week 12 once the Raiders are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and plays less than 10 games after Gruden suspends him for conduct detrimental to the team.

Philadelphia Eagles - Dallas Goedert finishes TE7 while receiving a more equitable share of the insane workload given to the Tight Ends on Philly.

New York Giants - Saquon Barkley both rushes and receives for 1,000 while ending as the RB1.

Washington Redskins - a fantasy wasteland as Jay Gruden is the first head coach fired.  Trey Quinn leads the team in receptions, and the team finishes last with a top 3 draft pick.

Dallas Cowboys - Jason Witten re-retires midseason when his comeback goes worse than his broadcast career.  Ezekeil Elliot leads the team in receptions and receiving yards.

Chicago Bears - The forgotten Tarik Cohen finishes the year with a higher rank than David Montgomery.  Bears win another Division Title.

Green Bay Packers - Marquez Valdez Scantling leads the team in Receiving Yards.  New coach, same disgruntled Rodgers, as they fail to make the playoffs again.

Minnesota Vikings - Unable to stay healthy again, Delvin Cook fails to play 10 games, while Alexander Mattison is the RB5 from December 1st on.

Detroit Lions - Danny Amendola leads the team in receptions, nearly matching his career high of 85 from 2010.

Atlanta Falcons - playing on turf most of the year, the Falcons are the highest scoring team in the NFL, and Matt Ryan finishes QB3 while winning the division.

New Orleans Saints - still pouting from last year's blown PI call, the Saints regress significantly while inheriting Sean Payton's loser unaccountable mentality, and fail to win 8 games and miss the postseason.

Tampa Bay Bucs - Peyton Barber holds off Ronald Jones as the lead back, and finishes as a top 20 RB as the most consistent option on a high powered offense.

Carolina Panthers - DJ Moore breaks out, and finishes a top 10 WR, while eclipsing 100 Receptions and 1,250 Receiving Yards.

San Francisco 49ers - Winning the Division Title, Jimmy Garoppolo earns his first pro bowl bid without having a single 1,000 yards pass catcher (including Kittle).  Deebo Samuel leads the team in Receiving yards.

St. Louis Rams - exposed by the Patriots in the Superbowl, the Rams regress mightily, and their window closes with looming Cap issues after missing the postseason.  Todd Gurley plays less than 9 games and Jared Goff throws 20 Interceptions.

Seattle Seahawks - Tyler Lockett plays all 16 games, and finishes top 8 WR.  The legion of boom returns with Seattle's D ending a top 5 fantasy option.

Arizona Cardinals - Failing to win at Texas Tech with Patrick Mahomes, the NFL proves no different for Kliff Kingsbury with Kyler Murray, who ends the year with top 6 fantasy stats in hollow fashion.  Christian Kirk is 3rd on the team in receiving yards en route to finishing outside the top 40 WR.

Edited by The_Truth_Returns
update
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Mike Evans goes for 1600yds and 14tds for the wr 1 finish

Elliot signs and becomes highest paid rb in history. Tears acl week 3

Josh Jacobs is Rookie of the year with 1300yds and 10tds and 55 rec 450yds 3tds

Patrick Machines fails to throw for over 4500yds and leads the NFL in interceptions

I'm curious why you say that about Mike Evans and Josh Jacobs. Obviously the ACL comment is a total guess.