NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Dak was qb 11 with 3800 and 22 TDs as qb 10.

Had 300 yards rushing and 6 TDs 

3900 and 29 should make trunisky borderline qb1 with his rushing ability 

That’s what makes it a “Bold Prediction.”

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tracy Wolfson divorces her loser husband and hooks up with a winner like me.

I know! It’s almost like he wrote that in a bold prediction thread!

My fantasy season isn't crashing and burning by week 6. That's probably too bold. 

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, mdw5048 said:

That’s bold.

Playing a civilized game of Madden with a kid is tame for Kelly. I just assumed he’d beat up the kid and steal the gaming console first.

Rumors surfacing that the Colts are thinking about bringing in Swag Kelly … Probably be 3rd in camp behind Brissett to save on Luck's arm but it's a chance to show something. How long before he ends up on da' Raidahs ?

Some bold/not so bold predictions. : 
- AFC East: This will be an utterly mediocre division with no team reaching double digit wins. The Pats manage to grab the title from the Jets in the last game. 
- AFC North: Browns coast home ahead of the Steelers who miss the play-off by a hair. The Ravens go nowhere.
- AFC South: the Texans and Colts fight for the title, with the Colts clinching it (both make the play-offs).
- AFC West: The Chiefs don't need Hill to win the West ahead of the Chargers (who make the play-offs) and even get seeded #1.
AFC Championship: Chiefs over the Browns.

- NFC East: The Eagles limp home, defeating their archrivals Cowboys. The Redskins win first place in the 2020 draft.
- NFC North: The Packers rebound, and are no match for the Vikings and Bears. Not just that, they grab the home field advantage in the play-offs. Vikings get a wildcard though.
- NFC South: this is the most fun division, with the Saints, Falcons and Bucs all strong contenders. Saints and Falcons make the play-offs again.
- NFC West: The Rams slump and let the Seahawks and 49ers get close, but still win the division. The Cards have again a high draft pick in 2020.
NFC Championship: Packers over the Saints.

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Some bold/not so bold predictions. : 
- AFC East: This will be an utterly mediocre division with no team reaching double digit wins. The Pats manage to grab the title from the Jets in the last game. 
- AFC North: Browns coast home ahead of the Steelers who miss the play-off by a hair. The Ravens go nowhere.
- AFC South: the Texans and Colts fight for the title, with the Colts clinching it (both make the play-offs).
- AFC West: The Chiefs don't need Hill to win the West ahead of the Chargers (who make the play-offs) and even get seeded #1.
AFC Championship: Chiefs over the Browns.

- NFC East: The Eagles limp home, defeating their archrivals Cowboys. The Redskins win first place in the 2020 draft.
- NFC North: The Packers rebound, and are no match for the Vikings and Bears. Not just that, they grab the home field advantage in the play-offs. Vikings get a wildcard though.
- NFC South: this is the most fun division, with the Saints, Falcons and Bucs all strong contenders. Saints and Falcons make the play-offs again.
- NFC West: The Rams slump and let the Seahawks and 49ers get close, but still win the division. The Cards have again a high draft pick in 2020.
NFC Championship: Packers over the Saints.

LOL

Let's do the one for each team thing (standard scoring)

Arizona - David Johnson returns to RB dominance with his new QB and Coach. Finishes #1 overall

Atlanta - Calvin Ridley finishes with more fantasy points than Julio Jones

Baltimore - Ravens finish with a 6-10 record

Buffalo - They go 1-15

Carolina - CMC achieves over 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards.

Chicago - The Bears go back to being the Bears and only win 6 or 7 games

Cincinnati - Joe Mixon finishes outside the top 20 for RBs

Cleveland - The Browns continue to Brown and win only 6 or 7 games

Dallas - Cooper doesn't do all that great. Finishes outside the top 15 as Elliot carries the team.

Denver- Lindsay finishes outside the top 25 RBs

Detroit - K. Johnson finishes as a top 8 back

Green Bay - A. Jones finishes as a top 6 back

Houston - Hopkins breaks the record for receiving yards in a season

Indi - Hilton finishes as a top 5 WR

Jacksonville - The defense continues to decline and is only relevant as a streaming option

KC - Miss the playoffs

Miami - Don't know how to be bold. They suck and I have nothing good to say.

Minnesota - D. Cook does quite well and is a top 8 back

New England - Brady falls off a cliff

New Orleans - Finally get over the hump and win the Super Bowl

NYG - They're worse than last year

NYJ - See above

Oakland - See above

Phili - J. Howard finishes as a top 10 back with 15+ TDs.

Pittsburg - Steelers go 6-10

St. Louis - They finish 3rd in the division

San Diego - M. Gordon doesn't finish as a top 10 back

San Francisco - Jimmy G finishes as a top 3 QB

Seattle - DK wins offensive rookie of the year

Tampa Bay - Has a top 5 offense

Tennessee - Henry is a top 10 back

Washington - Guice finishes outside the top 20

Not all of these are particularly bold most likely. However, it's quite difficult to come up with one for each team that I actually believe can happen. 

3 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

No. I was laughing at him saying the Pats won’t reach double digit wins lol.

Well that's why it's in the bold prediction thread? Definitely not impossible and with Brady getting older and gronk leaving, there's a chance to dip to 9 wins. 

That division still sucks per usual but crazier things have happened

33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Eli goes down and David Gettleman will be proven right about selecting Daniel with the #6 pick. . .😱

eli goes up, passing his best year, 2015, with more than 35 TDs, less than 14 INTs, and over 4400 passing yards…

the josh rosen experiment fails, the giants trade daniel to miami for a 2020 round 4 pick, devante parker, and a jiffy lube coupon book. 

gettleman gets canned, and while drinking away his sorrows at hooters he is beaten up by a drunken mike mccarthy over who gets the last hot wing.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

LOL

Lol is exactly right. My whole purpose was to have some silly results we could laugh at 1 year from now, so I threw some incomplete data in a spreadsheet, did some calculations with more holes in it than a Swiss cheese that's been used for target practice, and here we are.

The bit about the Pats scraping barely to a winning season is actually the thing that could happen. There were other bits that were funnier to me, but we'll see that at the end I guess :)

• Haha 1

Baker Mayfield leads the Browns to a 14-2 regular season. 5000 and 50 TDs. After beating the crap out of Baltimore he tells them to go find a real NFL QB if they want to compete against the Browns. They secure home field thru the playoffs and roll into the SB. They defeat whoever thought they were man enough to challenge the Browns for their 1st ever SB victory. Mayfield holds the SB trophy as if it's his dick.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:44 PM, Gohawks said:

Let's do the one for each team thing (standard scoring)

Buffalo - They go 1-15

Not all of these are particularly bold most likely. However, it's quite difficult to come up with one for each team that I actually believe can happen. 

LOL.  Buffalo is truly the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.  1-15 has zero chance of happening.  Every summer I read about how the Bills will finish dead last, and virtually every year they finish, at worst, 6-10.  This year they have a better roster than they've had in a few seasons.  They should win at least 7 games...8 to 10 is more likely.

Edited by Dream On
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Dream On said:

LOL.  Buffalo is truly the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL.  1-15 has zero chance of happening.  Every summer I read about how the Bills will finish dead last, and virtually every year they finish, at worst, 6-10.  This year they have a better roster than they've had in a few seasons.  They should win at least 7 games...8 to 10 is more likely.

6.5 is what the Vegas win total is at. Seems about accurate. I'll say 6-10

7 hours ago, FreakFries said:

At some point this season, Nagy lines up Eddie Goldman up as kicker and attempts a fake Kick Off on 2nd down.

At some point this season, Nagy has an offensive game plan that makes sense.

Now that's bold.