Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this a "Rate my Draft" disguised as a Vent & Rant thread?   Take it to Bench Coach where you get 2 responses like the rest of us. 😆

“Sweet,dodgers scored 12 runs, let’s see how Justin Turner did.”  

Getting sniped on the ww since i have so many guys waiting to go on IL...fantasy baseball is trash

Posted Images

On 5/11/2019 at 4:44 AM, Overlord said:

Been a real tough year for me pitching wise ... I had a day back in April where Cobb gave up 9 earned runs in 2.2 innings while Cimber managed to allow four in .2 innings.  Nothing like the old 13 earned runs in 3.1 inning effort.

But I've become pretty immune to disastrous days over the years.  Though one in particular still haunts me. Many, many years ago in one of my first seasons playing online baseball, My first pick was a young right fielder coming off an absolutely monster season.  He proceeded to slump the first month and a half and I finally got pretty irritated and benched him.

That player?  Shawn Green.  And what day did I decide to bench him?  May 23, 2002. 

I remember that game. Lol.    Thanks for the laugh. I needed it after this week's performance.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In my keeper league who only allows (3) IL spots and is a category H2H weekly league...

 

Altuve, Kluber, Glasnow, Taillon, Strop all being on the DL at the same time

with Soto & Meadows coming back this weekend

Olson coming back earlier this week

Pollock needing to be dropped as I can't keep all these guys in bench spots

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man finally get ahead by 20pts last night. Looks like I got a decent shot at winning this week. He's got 1 start left as long as he doesn't pitch that well, my hitters beat his....maybe pick up a save or 2; it could happen.

 

Whelp Altuve's hurt, Carpenter gets a day off today, and my opponent picks up another start today with Godley.  I'm facing another topv3 scoring team as we're the top 2 scores so far this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heroebal said:

Man finally get ahead by 20pts last night. Looks like I got a decent shot at winning this week. He's got 1 start left as long as he doesn't pitch that well, my hitters beat his....maybe pick up a save or 2; it could happen.

 

Whelp Altuve's hurt, Carpenter gets a day off today, and my opponent picks up another start today with Godley.  I'm facing another topv3 scoring team as we're the top 2 scores so far this week.

You should be thankful your opponent is starting Godley

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ComeSaleAway said:

Had to rage drop Martin Perez. I'm in 1st place and he's going to cost me 2 cats this week. I can't have a loser like that on a championship contender. So thanks Martin on a job..done 

Yup. I'm with you, knew as soon as I picked him up he'd become a hr machine. The data shows that other than that cutter, he sucks. I hoped I could catch lightning in a bottle but whatever

 

All pitchers suck

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On Perez - he had Dixon struck out on a called strike three before allowing that solo shot.  I’m not going to fault anyone for allowing a homer to Castellanos.  That move may come back to haunt you guys calling him a “loser.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

On Perez - he had Dixon struck out on a called strike three before allowing that solo shot.  I’m not going to fault anyone for allowing a homer to Castellanos.  That move may come back to haunt you guys calling him a “loser.”

 

Yeah that pitch was clearly a strike.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on, stop babying Snell.  I doubt they were going to score for him since they've made Tanaka look like the best pitcher in baseball today, but still, he was only at 96 pitches.  Pitchers need to throw 100+ pitches at some point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FritzLn said:

Yup. I'm with you, knew as soon as I picked him up he'd become a hr machine. The data shows that other than that cutter, he sucks. I hoped I could catch lightning in a bottle but whatever

 

All pitchers suck

 

What I have been saying all year...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

In my keeper league who only allows (3) IL spots and is a category H2H weekly league...

 

Altuve, Kluber, Glasnow, Taillon, Strop all being on the DL at the same time

with Soto & Meadows coming back this weekend

Olson coming back earlier this week

Pollock needing to be dropped as I can't keep all these guys in bench spots

Haha, I'm dropping Pollock from my full 3 man IL tonight too because it's full and I need to DL Glasnow to pick up a SP off the wire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

going up against 92 inn of 2.74 era 0.98 whip 114 k's. 

 

Going up against 99 innings of 1.81 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, and 95 Ks when you have 2.84 ERA, 1.06 WHIP, and 87 Ks...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 team keeper league....

Drafted Josh Bell and Soroka. Hit with injuries early on and dropped Bell instead of Braun. Dropped Soroka when he was sent down to the minors. Added Chavis when he got the call but dropped him 4 days later to add pitching to win my weekly matchup. 

 

Oh what could have been...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...