NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this a "Rate my Draft" disguised as a Vent & Rant thread?   Take it to Bench Coach where you get 2 responses like the rest of us. 😆

“Sweet,dodgers scored 12 runs, let’s see how Justin Turner did.”  

Getting sniped on the ww since i have so many guys waiting to go on IL...fantasy baseball is trash

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Live look at me fumbling through pitching this season. Wheeler, Matz, RHill, MFried, MKelly, SGray, Pivetta...I cant seem to add/start the right guys at the right time. 

spacer.png

Did you also pick up Matz for his brilliant 6ER affair where he didn't record a single out?

12 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Did you also pick up Matz for his brilliant 6ER affair where he didn't record a single out?

Yup. Drafted him and had him started. Had Wheeler in for his 7 BB performance (K/BB league), then benched him against the scary PHI lineup for his 7 shutout, 11 K/0 BB game. 

It’s been a disaster this season for me.

Yahoo is practically hitting uninformed owners over the head with signs  that say “pick up mckay.”   Since he’s gonna be on waivers...in FOUR DAYS, there’s no chance for a sneak stash.  I just hope the inevitable “must add immediately” article comes after the waiver period.

18 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Add montas to the long list of lost players. The last three has been blood disease, cancer (piscotty came back but who knows), and now PED. 

For Piscotty you just hope and pray he’s ok and forget about fantasy.  

20 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Live look at me fumbling through pitching this season. Wheeler, Matz, RHill, MFried, MKelly, SGray, Pivetta...I cant seem to add/start the right guys at the right time. 

spacer.png

I’m going through the exact same thing.  My aces are getting lit up, my “breakout” guys are disasters.  My good pitchers get injured.  I said #&! It and just started starting whoever the orioles are playing regardless of their name or stats. The ONLY thing that mattered was if they were available. Sad thing is, is that it’s worked WAY better than actual research.

2019 pitching. 

Just awful. Juiced ball isn’t helping. But some pitchers are obviously getting it done. Who are they? I haven’t had much luck. 

And I've been scrambling. Using waivers and trades to upgrade. Poof they turn to crap. Corbin, Snell and Giolito come to mind. Tanaka is my best pitcher. Wth.   

Extremely maddening. 

Every time I turn around I see guys getting wins from RP (even when they blow saves).

I think I've gotten like 1 win from RP's this year.

Too much luck with some of this stuff. Such is fantasy sports.