Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

Yahoo is colluding against me.

 

they just vetoed another deal my keston and gallen 4 giolito and wheeler. amazing they vetoed all 3 of my deals for SP at the deadline. 

This might be a really dumb question, but you do realize it’s not yahoo that’s vetoing the trades but rather the humans in your pool right?  

my apologies if that’s what you mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this a "Rate my Draft" disguised as a Vent & Rant thread?   Take it to Bench Coach where you get 2 responses like the rest of us. 😆

“Sweet,dodgers scored 12 runs, let’s see how Justin Turner did.”  

Getting sniped on the ww since i have so many guys waiting to go on IL...fantasy baseball is trash

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

This might be a really dumb question, but you do realize it’s not yahoo that’s vetoing the trades but rather the humans in your pool right?  

my apologies if that’s what you mean.

its yahoo staff that reviews trades in pro leagues

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every week I get 4 earned in less than an inning from a reliever and a 9 earned game from a starter. Just brutal how bad these professional pitchers are right now

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Vent and Rant:

1-I have Taylor Rogers and Josh Hader. Their teams played against each other this week. I got no saves, no holds

2-Been waiting on the Rangers guy Classe to get a hold. He did today, when I benched him for Colin Poche

3-I have Ryan McMahon and I have Robbie Ray. I benched McMahon as did the Rox. Ray leaves early due to injury and McMahon pinch hits and hits a 3 run homer

Robbie Ray now joins Blake Snell, Luke Weaver, Jordan Hicks, Adam Morgan, Dansby Swanson, Alex Verdugo, among others on IR. All of those guys save Hicks and Weaver have gone down over the last 2-3 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kwolf68 said:

Vent and Rant:

1-I have Taylor Rogers and Josh Hader. Their teams played against each other this week. I got no saves, no holds

2-Been waiting on the Rangers guy Classe to get a hold. He did today, when I benched him for Colin Poche

3-I have Ryan McMahon and I have Robbie Ray. I benched McMahon as did the Rox. Ray leaves early due to injury and McMahon pinch hits and hits a 3 run homer

Robbie Ray now joins Blake Snell, Luke Weaver, Jordan Hicks, Adam Morgan, Dansby Swanson, Alex Verdugo, among others on IR. All of those guys save Hicks and Weaver have gone down over the last 2-3 weeks.

 

I didnt even notice Ray got hurt. I've got him on 4 teams. Injuries are absurd recently. FML

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, buzzkilloton said:

 

I didnt even notice Ray got hurt. I've got him on 4 teams. Injuries are absurd recently. FML

 

It's quite hilarious. 

I traded for John Means, he immediate got hurt and has been garbage since

I traded for Jordan Hicks, he was looking good, was out within 3 weeks

I traded for Ray just before our league trade deadline, he got me one start v. Dodgers (a good one) then gets hurt very next game

I already have Blake Snell, who was scuffling all year, then seemed to really turn the corner, then...GETS hurt. Oh yea, there is also Luke Weaver, who I worked so hard to trade for in the off-season and he was simply lights out, he then...gets hurt. And I also have Andrew Heaney, who is always hurt (so not an issue there, I expect it). 

So yea it's been a hell of a year. We have 1 more week after this week and I am teetering on the edge of an epic meltdown and possibly missing our playoffs.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

I traded for John Means, he immediate got hurt and has been garbage since

Orioles management is a joke - set this dude up for NYY, NYY, BOS post injury return.  Way to wreck your only bright spots confidence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IDGAFOS said:

Orioles management is a joke - set this dude up for NYY, NYY, BOS post injury return.  Way to wreck your only bright spots confidence.

 

Really good point. His first start v. NYY was incredible for 3 innings then he got squeezed by the ump and left a meatball for the Yankees backup catcher. I didn't see his latest game in NYY, but I understand it wasn't pretty. 

I still like this kid as a back end rotation piece who can generate all kinds of soft contact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IDGAFOS said:

Orioles management is a joke - set this dude up for NYY, NYY, BOS post injury return.  Way to wreck your only bright spots confidence.

I have to vent and rant about this 

 The Orioles faced the NYY, HOU, NYY, BOS from August 5th thru 18th

"No don't pitch for another few weeks, we can't have you facing good teams"

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suck selecting closers this year.  Drafted Holland, Davis, Allen, Kimbrel.  I added Jackson, and Elias during the season, then both lost their jobs at the trade deadline. I've give up on saves this year and just going to go for holds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I suck selecting closers this year.  Drafted Holland, Davis, Allen, Kimbrel.  I added Jackson, and Elias during the season, then both lost their jobs at the trade deadline. I've give up on saves this year and just going to go for holds.

that's why i keep telling people to not draft a single closer, just play the wire. Didn't draft one closer this year, currently have 6. Thanks closermonkey.com :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 11:52 AM, MSkibisky said:

that's why i keep telling people to not draft a single closer, just play the wire. Didn't draft one closer this year, currently have 6. Thanks closermonkey.com :)

Good take.  I usually play the wire and get closers thrown into deals if I really need them.  Even end up trading closers I pick up off the wire constantly.  It works nicely.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 8:12 AM, MSkibisky said:

I hear ya. I have Snell, Laureano, Sevy, Hicks, all on the shelf. Really hurting right now, and I'm in 2nd! Gunna be a tight race.

Man, injuries are crazy this year.  Before my deadline trades I had Manaea, Kluber, Scherzer, Hicks, Voit, Laureano, Gallo, Chavis and Andujar injured on my bench.  Literally my entire IR and bench was injured lol.  Team is starting to make a playoff push though still as I had the prospect capital to fill the spots.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, MSkibisky said:

that's why i keep telling people to not draft a single closer, just play the wire. Didn't draft one closer this year, currently have 6. Thanks closermonkey.com :)

Couldn’t agree more.  Every year, with the massive help of this forum, I manage to finish near the top in saves despite never even thinking about closers.  It seems painstakingly obvious, yet every year, there are guys, and “experts” who I insist on taking a can’t miss guy because they don’t want the headache of chasing saves.  Edwin Diaz and Blake trendien were THE cant miss guys.  Diaz you had to reach for.  Greene was the closer that was going to lose his job in 2 weeks.  If there’s a decent closer starring me in the face a few rounds after the closer run, I might grab him, or grab a few guys near the end.  It’s a blind dart toss that even extensive research doesn’t seem to help.  Why waste the effort or the high pick?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow advancing to the semis (where if I win, I’m in the money) even after losing Snell.  Just lost Sale right before the semis.  My ace is now Hendricks and I’m going against a team with Buehler, Kershaw, mad max (who will conveniently be coming back this week), Bumgarner, Flaherty and Hamels.  4th straight year I will finish 3rd place in the regular season with no money (thanks to BS like this).  Can’t even prepare when you lose your ace one day before the semis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Caelum said:

I give up. Every pitcher I throw out there gets annihilated. Haven’t experienced anything like it in a long time.

Juiced ball has really ruined this season. Unless you're a moron, every fantasy team has ridiculous offense whereas streaming pitchers is impossible and good luck to you if you've had injuries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My opponent, a crap bottom feeder team, 12 out of 16 teams. 

13 out of 16 in HR

16 out of 16 in RBI

15 out of 16 in runs

6th out of 16 in BA

 

Puts up 20 HR, 52 RBI, 47 runs this week.  Oh, and hit .352!

I got massacred by W. Flores, K. Seager, Realmuto, and Sano.  Kept waiting for slide each day this week and never happened.

 

Unreal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 9:56 AM, Slatykamora said:

I have to vent and rant about this 

 The Orioles faced the NYY, HOU, NYY, BOS from August 5th thru 18th

"No don't pitch for another few weeks, we can't have you facing good teams"

 

you're right bud that was the only solution in this situation with a young guy fresh off the DL - quality hot take on your part :rolleyes:

Edited by IDGAFOS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...