NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is this a "Rate my Draft" disguised as a Vent & Rant thread?   Take it to Bench Coach where you get 2 responses like the rest of us. 😆

“Sweet,dodgers scored 12 runs, let’s see how Justin Turner did.”  

Getting sniped on the ww since i have so many guys waiting to go on IL...fantasy baseball is trash

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Pitchers that I've been relying on across multiple leagues - Caleb Smith, Boyd, Paddack - are now getting destroyed when I'm trying to secure playoff spots and byes.

Yeah...Quantril and Morton really did a number on me today.  That said, Boyd has been lousy for awhile...same for Smith and Paddack...why did you start them?

1 hour ago, secretagentman said:

Yeah...Quantril and Morton really did a number on me today.  That said, Boyd has been lousy for awhile...same for Smith and Paddack...why did you start them?

If I don't start them in average matchups, why even own them? However, it's coming to the point where I may have to cut ties...

2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

surprised you started Cal vs LAD

Weekly league and he is\was a 2 start option with the second start Sun vs SF, though it looks like they may have moved his second start out a day.  Do not have the luxury of sitting guys like that with a month left.  Just my all round bad luck this year wrt pitching.

2 hours ago, Del Rio said:

If I don't start them in average matchups, why even own them? However, it's coming to the point where I may have to cut ties...

Well it is nearing Sept and Boyd and Paddack are on the wire in many leagues and Smith has just been lousy for awhile.  I own Smith in one weekly league where I sat him even though it is a 2 start week in favor of Quantril who was also a 2 start week (though that may have changed)...damn if I do and damned if I don't lol.  All 3 of them are near worthless now imo.  You would be better off streaming a spot or two and looking for decent plays against lowly teams with lowly offenses like Detroit.

Edited by secretagentman

I’m in fifth place in my 12-team keeper league and actually tied my girlfriend for fourth just the other day for the final money spot. My pitching just dug me into a hole early in the season and I doubt there’s much more for me to do.

might have to re-think my pitching strategy in the off season with this new home run era.

2 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

I’m in fifth place in my 12-team keeper league and actually tied my girlfriend for fourth just the other day for the final money spot. My pitching just dug me into a hole early in the season and I doubt there’s much more for me to do.

might have to re-think my pitching strategy in the off season with this new home run era.

My competitiveness(Being a dick) in these leagues, would not go well in that situation.  A good way for a relationship to not make it through a summer, for sure.  That's a bold move cotton.

As for pitching, it's really been the relief pitchers this year in my eyes.  Love the starters I've been able to assemble, Nola/Clevinger/Bumgarner through the draft, Soroka and Gallen off the wire, Pineda via trade (K/BB League he's a god).  That all gets counteracted by Edwin Diaz and Raisel Iglesias.  They almost aren't worth the negative ratios for the saves they bring in.

In my current playoff match-up, they are responsible for nearly a full half run addition to my ERA, all for 3 saves.

The league voted out Saves/Holds to return to just Saves and it's just made the relief pool garbage.  Hate Saves.  Hate Relievers.

I hate Eugenio Suarez.  Earlier in the year he started a hot run by hitting HR after HR against me after being cold. Now he has another 3 straight days of home runs against me.  What the hell.  I always seem to catch the hot streaks of my opponents' players. 😡 Of course Acuna and Goldy reward me with 3ks each today too. 

56 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

12 K's in 17 ABs tonight thus far.  just get this ******** season over with.  jesus ******** christ.

15 Ks in 23 ABs tonight.

On the week so far, my offense has 33 K's in 72 ABs, good for a 45% K-rate.

hows that even possible.  how is my offense this bad.

2 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

15 Ks in 23 ABs tonight.

I usually only come here to whine and complain myself and nkt comment on others,but that is crazy bad. My condolences. 

10 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

15 Ks in 23 ABs tonight.

Can I send you a sympathy card, that would ruin my day week month.

9 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I usually only come here to whine and complain myself and nkt comment on others,but that is crazy bad. My condolences. 

ended the evening with 20 Ks in 38 ABs.  like i wasn't even mad when i checked my team this morning.  i was impressed

I had 5 guys with at least 3K's and 1 of those had a golden sombrero.

Edited by crotchcrickets
8 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

ended the evening with 20 Ks in 38 ABs.  like i wasn't even mad when i checked my team this morning.  i was impressed

I had 5 guys with at least 3K's and 1 of those had a golden sombrero.

imagine if K's were a roto cat.. along with all the other "positive" stats like hr/rbi/avg, so was K's. lol you would be set

Just now, MSkibisky said:

imagine if K's were a roto cat.. along with all the other "positive" stats like hr/rbi/avg, so was K's. lol you would be set

haha--i was actually thinking the same thing last night and laughing about it.

Just frustrating when i'm fighting for one of the last two playoff spots--my team is completely ****ting the bed this week and this is just salt on a wound.