NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mookie Betts 2019 Outlook

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of a player's high draft ranking is the confidence in knowing they might not finish quite as high as they're ranked but they'll still finish as a sure-fire high end piece. This is a terrible vers

[...] There are currently 3 guys that were drafted in the 1st round who are currently ranked in the top 12 in 5 x 5 (espn player rater). That doesn’t mean we have 9 busts. This happens every sing

He hit leadoff last season and won mvp.

Posted Images

I think he had 10 homers and was hitting .490 at this time last year.  Baseball can be a cruel game sometimes.  Going to have to be very patient here.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 2

This is the 2017 thread all over again.  It’s like deja vu up in here.  Mookie will fill sheet eventually.  Unfortunately we may never know what his average will be on a yearly basis.  

6 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

This is the 2017 thread all over again.  It’s like deja vu up in here.  Mookie will fill sheet eventually.  Unfortunately we may never know what his average will be on a yearly basis.  

I'm not that worried I just like using the Papi Stinks quote whenever I can modify it. Was fitting for a fellow struggling BoSock.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:54 PM, Cmilne23 said:

In fairness, Mookie has been WAY worse this year than 2017.  In 2017, he was a disappointment but still posted 2nd or 3rd round value

6 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

In fairness, Mookie has been WAY worse this year than 2017.  In 2017, he was a disappointment but still posted 2nd or 3rd round value

Look at his April that year.  He was awful.  That’s what I meant in correlation of threads.

28 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Look at his April that year.  He was awful.  That’s what I meant in correlation of threads.

In April of 2017, Mookie hit .293 with 2 HR and 3 SBs.  That certainly was disappointing given his ADP, but it wasn't nearly as bad as this year.  

I think the best comparison is with Goldschmidt last year.  Like Goldschmidt last year, after such a terrible start Mookie is probably not going to be able to quite live up to his ADP this year overall, but you have to hope that Mookie wakes up and starts producing 1st round value the rest of the way like Goldschmidt did last year.  Anyone that sold low on Goldschmidt last year I'm sure really regretted it in hindsight, and I'm not selling low on Mookie this year.

17 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

In April of 2017, Mookie hit .293 with 2 HR and 3 SBs.  That certainly was disappointing given his ADP, but it wasn't nearly as bad as this year.  

I think the best comparison is with Goldschmidt last year.  Like Goldschmidt last year, after such a terrible start Mookie is probably not going to be able to quite live up to his ADP this year overall, but you have to hope that Mookie wakes up and starts producing 1st round value the rest of the way like Goldschmidt did last year.  Anyone that sold low on Goldschmidt last year I'm sure really regretted it in hindsight, and I'm not selling low on Mookie this year.

Goldy was just absolutely brutal in the entire month of May. Lets hold off we make that comparison.

13 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Goldy was just absolutely brutal in the entire month of May. Lets hold off we make that comparison.

Fair enough.  I guess my point was just that, while it's probably too late for Mookie to be able to live up to his ADP this year (despite turning it around, Goldschmidt was still a fantasy disappointment overall relative to his ADP last year), normally players, especially hitters, with proven track records like Mookie and Goldy will eventually turn it around.  Just like with Goldy last year, I don't see much point in trading Mookie now while his value is at an all-time low.  

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, FoulPole said:

That's rough man. They will come around soon though. 

not so sure.  i thought betts just had his career year.  he could be 2017 betts again.  and i dont like machado outside of camden.

dont mean to be a debbie downer but id be a little nervous.  you know what they say, you dont win your league in the first round...but you can lose it

13 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Fair enough.  I guess my point was just that, while it's probably too late for Mookie to be able to live up to his ADP this year (despite turning it around, Goldschmidt was still a fantasy disappointment overall relative to his ADP last year), normally players, especially hitters, with proven track records like Mookie and Goldy will eventually turn it around.  Just like with Goldy last year, I don't see much point in trading Mookie now while his value is at an all-time low.  

Why is it too late? 

30 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Goldy didn’t turn it around until June. It’s April 19! Lol good Lord...

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

not so sure.  i thought betts just had his career year.  he could be 2017 betts again.  and i dont like machado outside of camden.

dont mean to be a debbie downer but id be a little nervous.  you know what they say, you dont win your league in the first round...but you can lose it

Too early in the season to declare these guys busts boss. Mookie showing signs of life tonight at least...

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, FoulPole said:

Too early in the season to declare these guys busts boss. Mookie showing signs of life tonight at least...

ya he had a good night.  i dont think hes a bust either.  i just think hes more of an 900ish OPS guy instead of the 1.07 he put up last year

On 4/19/2019 at 9:15 PM, Evincar said:

Why is it too late? 

You really think after this horrible of a start, he's going to finish as a top 2 player overall?  He's already 8 runs, 9 HR, 23 RBI, 2 SB, and 146 points in batting average below Yelich.  Even if you think Mookie will be better than Yelich rest of the season (which is highly debatable), I can't see him making up that gigantic hole on him.

1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

You really think after this horrible of a start, he's going to finish as a top 2 player overall?  He's already 8 runs, 9 HR, 23 RBI, 2 SB, and 146 points in batting average below Yelich.  Even if you think Mookie will be better than Yelich rest of the season (which is highly debatable), I can't see him making up that gigantic hole on him.

Great point. On that note, lol at people who took Trout at 1, am I right?? I mean, he’s already way below Yelich and Bellinger. And considering there’s only 87% of the season yet to be played, he will never return ADP!!