NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't understand why everyone is upset that he sits vs. lefties.  Wouldn't you rather his .550 OPS vs. lefties be on the bench, so you can put literally anyone else in his spot and get actual produc

It is more annoying reading the posts whining over and over again about his status as a platoon bat, when this should have been common knowledge all along.  Take it to the vent/rant thread.

Post-hype sleepers are kind of my thing.

23 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

LAD facing Lefties M-Tu-W and off day Thursday this coming week

just FYI 

Then the following week, 5 righties in a row according to CBS.

13 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Seriously can’t believe he’s facing 4 lefties in a row this week.  Just....how?

you'd think Roberts has to play him in at least one of these games right?  No way he benches his scorching bat in all 4.

7 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

you'd think Roberts has to play him in at least one of these games right?  No way he benches his scorching bat in all 4.

Career vs RHP: .241/.358/.495

Career vs LHP: .181/.265/.316

The gap was even wider last year (.260/.338/.556 vs .170/.211/.302)

I mean yeah you can argue that it would be nice to let him try to figure things out vs lefties but you really can't blame Roberts if he sticks with a strict platoon at this point. 

• Like 1

Actually Joc was respectable against lefties in the 2nd half last year and also in his 30/30 AAA season from 2014, and he’s never really been given much of a chance to play through it in the majors.  I could see him getting a career high in ABs this year and finally getting those R and RBI totals to where you can regulary use him in weekly formats.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

Come on Uncle Dave, is Joc really that bad against lefties that you can't even start him once just for practice?  You are giving Muncy a shot today even.

yes, he is that bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

His improving plate discipline this year is pretty intriguing to me. His k-rate has been hovering around 15% so far. If he could manage to carry a 260ish BA and walk at his 12% rate that OBP jump is pretty significant compared to years past. 

46 minutes ago, Chesney said:

Is it interesting that his .259 BA is coming with a .171 BABIP?

HR don't count against BABIP but do count for BA. So his non-HR balls in play will come up from 0.171 but his 33% HR/FB rate is also not very sustainable. Still, he's mashing righties at a trout-like level right now!

• Like 1