NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

In 93' when I was 1,  Ozzie Smith Joe Torre and Red Schoendienst were on the field during BP or something and my father asked Smith for a pic with me. 

Ozzie Smith picked me up and held me in a picture with all 3 of them in it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL this is hilarious. Benching Betts, Harper, or Soto because you must start Tauchman

die hard blue jays fan...dropped [Bichette] in a keep 8 because I had so many injuries and no NA spot. Plus was fighting for the playoffs...looks like I won't make the playoffs and lost BO to another

So I started Yordan Alvarez, Juan Soto and Aristides Aquino today...

Posted Images

long time lurker, finally did the thing... 
...and it quite honestly took this injury to pull me out of the shadows. 

i thought i was so smart when i started the season with hicks and scooter in my 2 DL slots on a pitching heavy 12-team redraft... that is, before proceeding to limp through kluber, cutch, glasnow, taillon, willie calhoun, eloy twice, t. anderson, lowe, woodruff and now snell.

:(

snell was having an inconsistent year to be sure but he had been rounding into form (albeit not last year's) in july so this feels like a veritable gut punch. ugh. can i just set my team on fire, already? pretty sure it's already burning.

• 2 weeks later...

die hard blue jays fan...dropped [Bichette] in a keep 8 because I had so many injuries and no NA spot. Plus was fighting for the playoffs...looks like I won't make the playoffs and lost BO to another Jays fan...yes sad story not the right place but my wife is sick of hearing about it...

BO KNOWS!

I own Acuña, Soto and Tatis in a 7-keeper keep-forever h2h 12 team. Tatis fell to the 23rd round of the draft as he hadn't officially made the team yet at the time. Also snagged Ryu in the 10th round. In first place, with a playoff spot hopefully being cinched today. 

3 hours ago, OaksterDan said:

I own Acuña, Soto and Tatis in a 7-keeper keep-forever h2h 12 team. Tatis fell to the 23rd round of the draft as he hadn't officially made the team yet at the time. Also snagged Ryu in the 10th round. In first place, with a playoff spot hopefully being cinched today. 

I also own Acuna and Tatis and instead of Soto I have Vlad in my keep forever league.  I also have Alvarez.

• Like 2

I managed to trade Giolito and Soler for Ronald Acuna Jr. I also managed to trade Patrick Corbin for Trea Turner. Both from the same owner. I liked dealing with him... and now he's in dead last. :)

3 hours ago, OaksterDan said:

I'm kind of surprised to hear Soto isn't a must-start daily for everyone that owns him at this point.

He might as well be, but I had to choose between him, Betts, and Harper. Wasn’t gonna sit Aquino, Tauchman or Alvarez with how hot they’d been

Benching Ryan McMahon in favor of Josh VanMeter (last night), because I needed to try to get stolen bases only to see VanMeter get thrown out in a steal attempt and McMahon actually succeed in stealing a base. Love fantasy baseball. 

Had a brief moment today where a season high 9 out of 11 of my teams were in first place. Multiple shares of Hamels and Bauer quickly put an end to that, but I thought that was pretty decent for this point in the grind that is a fantasy baseball season.

• Like 1
On 8/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, tuesdays said:

He might as well be, but I had to choose between him, Betts, and Harper. Wasn’t gonna sit Aquino, Tauchman 

LOL this is hilarious. Benching Betts, Harper, or Soto because you must start Tauchman

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 8/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, nlm said:

I managed to trade Giolito and Soler for Ronald Acuna Jr. I also managed to trade Patrick Corbin for Trea Turner. Both from the same owner. I liked dealing with him... and now he's in dead last. :)

In my opinion, trades like that ruin leagues.  It’s not shrewd and savvy baseball sense, it’s taking advantage of the league idiot.  I guess if you didn’t get those first rounders, someone else would have though.

8 team dynasty league that is somewhat deep, we roster about 80 starting pitchers.  Most of the arms carrying my team like Darvish, Gray, Caleb Smith, Gallen, Lynn, Fried, and Anibal Sanchez were scooped up off the WW av various points through the year.  This carries over from me scooping Castillo 2nd half last year.  This is why I don't trade for SP and don't have a problem capitalizing on trading away a top SP.  I do regret trading Buehler in the offseason but haven't missed him much.  Naturally if this was a much deeper league I'd have different thoughts about it. 

• Like 1

My 2B musical chairs for this season:

Biggest regret was drafting Rougned Odor over Yoan Moncada. Odor's great 2nd half last season rolling into Spring Training plus Moncada's 200Ks...made sense at the time. Drafted Brandon Lowe and Kike Hernandez as backups. 

Kike played his way out of the starting 2B job so dropped; picked up Tommy La Stella.

Lineup crunch and chasing closers, dropped Odor in early June thinking I was good with Lowe and La Stella at 2B.

July 2nd, lost both Lowe and La Stella on the same swing, same foul ball off the same leg, in the same night. Awesome.

Picked up Robel Garcia...he was cool for about a week.

Picked Kike back up when he started heating up...gets hurt.

Tried Niko Goodrum but just wasnt cutting it.

Picked up Isan Diaz...nice 1st game, thinking I struck gold. Nothing since.

Picked up Josh VanMeter then he stopped playing everyday. 

Picked up Ian Happ, hoping for 2B eligibility. He stops hitting and Addison Russell comes back up to take time away at 2B.

Picked up Freddy Galvis and Nick Solak this week...fingers crossed.

I have Jose Ramirez but my OCD refuses to let me plug him in at 2B; hasnt played there this season, at all. Plus every time I move him off the 3B slot, he stops hitting. 😃 

Edited by Gryfter
1 hour ago, Gryfter said:

My 2B musical chairs for this season:

Biggest regret was drafting Rougned Odor over Yoan Moncada. Odor's great 2nd half last season rolling into Spring Training plus Moncada's 200Ks...made sense at the time. Drafted Brandon Lowe and Kike Hernandez as backups. 

Kike played his way out of the starting 2B job so dropped; picked up Tommy La Stella.

Lineup crunch and chasing closers, dropped Odor in early June thinking I was good with Lowe and La Stella at 2B.

July 2nd, lost both Lowe and La Stella on the same swing, same foul ball off the same leg, in the same night. Awesome.

Picked up Robel Garcia...he was cool for about a week.

Picked Kike back up when he started heating up...gets hurt.

Tried Niko Goodrum but just wasnt cutting it.

Picked up Isan Diaz...nice 1st game, thinking I struck gold. Nothing since.

Picked up Josh VanMeter then he stopped playing everyday. 

Picked up Ian Happ, hoping for 2B eligibility. He stops hitting and Addison Russell comes back up to take time away at 2B.

Picked up Freddy Galvis and Nick Solak this week...fingers crossed.

I have Jose Ramirez but my OCD refuses to let me plug him in at 2B; hasnt played there this season, at all. Plus every time I move him off the 3B slot, he stops hitting. 😃 

Bro I feel you.  I finally found one in Keston Hiura and then dropped him accidentally because my phone screen/digitizer is broken.  I had the app open and my phone managed to hit all the right spots on the screen needed to drop him.  Crazy ****.  Just to clarify, my phone did this when I wasn't even touching it.  I found out later when I logged on with my desktop.  It's honestly pretty funny, thankfully it wasn't a dynasty league.

Edited by Slimzy17