NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pablo Lopez 2019 Outlook

Wins will obviously be next to non-existent, but the kid's showing great promise this spring and their front office and beat writers have such high praise for him (one calling him "their best arm" recently on twitter)

In deep leagues, he could be gold if he keeps progressing---Fantastic outing today which may have clinched him a rotation spot

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed.  at Atlanta, at Cinci, Cubs next 3.  Won’t be easy.  Just have to hope some of these new cool hip managers decide to rotate their losers in for their 23-28 year old studs who might be tired af

I'd say somewhere in the range of:  

Wells Dusenbury‏Verified account @DuseReport FollowFollow @DuseReport More Pablo Lopez putting together another strong outing – 5 scorel

Posted Images

A week ago I had zero shares of any Marlins and thought that might continue all season. Now, suddenly, I have shares of Smith, Richards, and I'm thinking of adding Lopez. I think there's definitely some sleeper potential with these young arms, though I'm not sure which ones are making the rotation.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NewEnglandYankee said:

what pitches does he have besides a 94 mph fastball?

Last year his FB graded out as garbage with a nice change up and decent curve. So if the velo increase is legit, he could be an interesting breakout prospect. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, bcobb311 said:

This is a big time pick up guy after everyone gets DL’d or NA’d and you have a few roster spots. 

Worth the flier and should go under radar because Marlins. 

Picked him up in the last round of my 12T draft 

where is the current hype train level at? 

on a level of:

spacer.png

to

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Any thoughts on his initial outing tonight?

I was very impressed. FB sat 93-95, touched 96 with good movement and pretty good command. Change up was as advertised with tons of swings and misses. Curve was a little inconsistent but he threw a nasty one to k Hampson. He’s a top 60sp for me so if your league rosters over 60 and he’s sitting on your wire still I’d grab him. I’ll be benching him in tough matchups to start to be safe.

Edited by meh2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I was very impressed. FB sat 93-95, touched 96 with good movement and pretty good command. Change up was as advertised with tons of swings and misses. Curve was a little inconsistent but he threw a nasty one to k Hampson. He’s a top 60sp for me so if your league rosters over 60 and he’s sitting on your wire still I’d grab him. I’ll be benching him in tough matchups to start to be safe.

Agreed.  at Atlanta, at Cinci, Cubs next 3.  Won’t be easy.  Just have to hope some of these new cool hip managers decide to rotate their losers in for their 23-28 year old studs who might be tired after playing in more than 2 baseball games in a row when he pitches.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Rough night last night, nice matchup vs reds next time out..any thoughts on the kid?

Last night's outing hasn't changed my opinion on him. He was an easy bench at Atlanta. He's still an SP6 or 7 for me. If you're starting him every week, you could be in trouble, but if you pick the matchups selectively I think he'll be productive. At Cincy sounds rough, but their lineup has been straight up trash against righties out of the gate. I'm planning on starting him but if they start heating up in the next couple days, he'll be on my bench.

7 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Has to be a drop now at this point. 

Probably although he didn't get hit hard. Got burned twice when Votto beat the shift. Wins will be hard to come by on this team so I have probably seen enough.