NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread

7 minutes ago, Baseball Or Bust said:

I know Cody Allen has it locked down for the angles, every year he seems to tiptoe on the fringes of demotion. Who’s the best bet / best arm in that pen behind Cody Allen? 

I like Ty Buttrey to have a shot at taking over for Cody

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baseball Or Bust said:

I know Cody Allen has it locked down for the angles, every year he seems to tiptoe on the fringes of demotion. Who’s the best bet / best arm in that pen behind Cody Allen? 

I also like Buttrey to be next in line although LAA bullpen is just bad. There's is no one in this bullpen I would roster ( aside from Allen) even in hold leagues.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed Thursday that Will Smith will be the team's closer.
It's the obvious choice given how poorly Mark Melancon pitched this spring. Reyes Moronta might actually be ahead of Melancon now in the saves pecking order. San Francisco isn't going to win very many games in 2019, but Smith can still be a valuable fantasy asset as the team's locked-in ninth-inning man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed Thursday that Will Smith will be the team's closer.
It's the obvious choice given how poorly Mark Melancon pitched this spring. Reyes Moronta might actually be ahead of Melancon now in the saves pecking order. San Francisco isn't going to win very many games in 2019, but Smith can still be a valuable fantasy asset as the team's locked-in ninth-inning man.

Valuable until he's traded. I'm thinking either Smith or Greene will be the first closer traded. 

1 hour ago, Dontrelle Willis said:

I still think it’s Peralta for KC but yea I’ll be doing the same.

Same here. I like what he did to finish last year and what he's done so far this spring. Statistically he outperformed Boxberger last yeare with the exception of saves and has continued to do the same throughout the spring. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I mean, no one knows. We’re all watching the same thing. Hader coming in now in the 8th. And Jeffress also is out multiple weeks, so it ain’t him.

He'll be back sooner than later. Threw today already without any discomfort.