NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread

Just now, Baur10 said:

With Kapler it is still WAY too early to anoint someone.

I agree. Even when Seranthony was the best guy in the pen last year he mixed and matched.  Kapler has already been quoted saying he would handle the bullpen the same as last year.  

Nine different pitchers recorded at least one save for Philly last year. Six of them had more than one. If there is one thing we know Gabe Kapler is capable of, overthinking his bullpen management is it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I agree. Even when Seranthony was the best guy in the pen last year he mixed and matched.  Kapler has already been quoted saying he would handle the bullpen the same as last year.  

Yeah I'm Philadelphia I think the question is more "who is going to get more saves" rather than "who is the closer". 

• Like 3

Robertson had no business even entering that game. A 12 million dollar relief pitcher should never be pitching during a blowout on Opening Day.

#KaplerIsTheWorst

Edited by Dislimb

40 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Robertson had no business even entering that game. A 12 million dollar relief pitcher should never be pitching during a blowout on Opening Day.

#KaplerIsTheWorst

His arm obviously isn't where he wants it to be. Saw him in an inning last week against the Orioles. Gave up an absolute moonshot and then walked the next guy on a pitch in the dirt that missed by two feet.

Rogers wasn’t even on my radar... interesting.

I grabbed him, but not just because he went back out to pitch the ninth. The fact that nobody else was even warming up in the Minnesota bullpen in the bottom of the 8th (or in the top of the 9th) is a much bigger sign.

Edited by Dislimb

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Cleveland had a bunch of lefties up. Looks like they’re going to play matchups late in the game.

While what you’re saying is true, there wasn’t anybody else warming up in the a Minnesota pen at any point once he entered the game. Looked like a vote of confidence from Baldelli to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Rogers wasn’t even on my radar... interesting.

I grabbed him, but not just because he went back out to pitch the ninth. The fact that nobody else was even warming up in the Minnesota bullpen in the bottom of the 8th (or in the top of the 9th) is a much bigger sign.

People are saying Parker was warming

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tingyangs6 said:

Robertson is warming up in the top of the 7th. SerAnthony is your closer

I guess your not familiar with Kapler’s style.  He will never have a closer written in stone.  He is and always a matchup guy.  There will be saves to go around a bunch of guys this year.

• Like 1