NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He must be yelling ‘ball’ before he throws each pitch.

In 2017 he gave up 2HR once and never 3. In 2018 he never gave up more than 1. Guess we have different definitions of "very prone".

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

If Iggy's coming in the 8th then he aint gonna be nearly the undisputed closer people were hoping.

Wasn’t Iglesias just brought in to face the tough Pirates hitters? Like how bullpens are leaning in this new era?

I think the manager wanted the 2ip Hader save

9 minutes ago, bbythepier said:

Wasn’t Iglesias just brought in to face the tough Pirates hitters? Like how bullpens are leaning in this new era?

He did, it just aint gonna be as appealing for fantasy. 2IP outings means many more days off, which means missed save chances.

10 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Bell looking like a total Moran right now

A Colin Moran?

• Like 1

By Bobby Sylvester (FantasyPros)Friday, Mar 1st

“May and Parker are seemingly in a batter at the top of Minnesota's depth chart, but Rogers is the type of guy who could find himself in the role at some point, and if it were to happen, he would dominate.”

take now,ask,questions later.  There’s always a few elite closers that come out of nowhere.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Hatfieldodger said:

I think it’s situational and will be a headache owning any closer for MIN but he was perfect 

Which I don’t get. Have any of these “situational” moneyball teams ever won? At some point it just gets ridiculous. It doesn’t take into account the human mentality element of the game. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Which I don’t get. Have any of these “situational” moneyball teams ever won? At some point it just gets ridiculous. It doesn’t take into account the human mentality element of the game. 

Last year's champion took this approach---look at who finished out the last game!

24 minutes ago, Whizzinator said:

Last year's champion took this approach---look at who finished out the last game!

Kimbrel was the guy all year. I don’t play fantasy through the real playoffs. 

Edited by Stickfig13
1 hour ago, bbythepier said:

Dumb. 3 run lead against PIT. If your other reliever gets in trouble in the 8th that’s when you bring in Iggy. 

Also, Steve Stone (White Sox analyst) made 3 references to how Peralta is the closer for the Royals, almost as if it’s undisptued.

The takeaway from this is...

...that clearly Steve Stone doesn’t play fantasy baseball (or read this thread)