NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 March/April Closer Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He must be yelling ‘ball’ before he throws each pitch.

In 2017 he gave up 2HR once and never 3. In 2018 he never gave up more than 1. Guess we have different definitions of "very prone".

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

Yeah this kind of came out of nowhere. Did anyone watching the game notice anything that would give reason to believe he's hurt? 

If he's out for any period of time it  could be a committee but who would you guys say leads that? Gearrin?

Edited by BostonCajun
2 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Yeah this kind of came out of nowhere. Did anyone watching the game notice anything that would give reason to believe he's hurt? 

He hit a batter and then training staff came to check him out. Then he gave up that homer to Moreland to blow the save. Aparently shoulder tightness.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Jacob Barnes for some vulture saves?

So I saw Closer Monkey suggest j barnes as a vulture save guy. Picked him up and he gives up 3 runs. The rest of my team has given up 1 in 15 innings.

Smurf skeelz... Self sabotaging since 1998.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, olivermookie said:

He hit a batter and then training staff came to check him out. Then he gave up that homer to Moreland to blow the save. Aparently shoulder tightness.

Yea, he was stretching out on the mound.  Looked like he was trying to loosen up his shoulder.  His stuff looked gross.  That FB to Moreland was blech.  Not surprised to hear he's hurt.

I'm not touching Seattle's pen because I don't think there's a clear next in line, nor do I know if any of them are any good.

8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Just wait until he throws sliders in the dirt and walks the bases loaded.  He started out looking like that was going to happen again tonight but righted the ship this time so props to him for that.  I'm glad he made it through okay but the Mariners helped him some by being aggressive.  Please get that toe well soon, Brasier.

You'll say anything to avoid admitting you were wrong about this closing situation. Big deal.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

So I saw Closer Monkey suggest j barnes as a vulture save guy. Picked him up and he gives up 3 runs. The rest of my team has given up 1 in 15 innings.

Smurf skeelz... Self sabotaging since 1998.

I tried warning people a few pages back! The brewers pen has gone from a massive strength to a veritable borderline weakness astonishingly quick. Fat Albers, Williams and esp Barnes are not the guys you want pitching in close games. 

Edited by ST. STEVEN
16 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Anybody catch Robert Stock dude outta the SD pen? He is one to keep an eye on if Yates gets bit by homer-itis again.

I watched this dude a little bit last year and was impressed - big fastball. I think it would take injuries/trades to get him in the mix for saves but I wouldn't be surprised to see him emerge for saves later in the year.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Is Guerrin the set up guy in SEA? Does he get first shot? 

He'd be my pick for a gamble here but he's pitched the last couple games so might need the next game off so someone else might run with it.

• Like 1